cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm gettimng almost no views in the last couple weeks of listing.

I'm selling the same stuff for 23 years. I know what the popular items in

my bizz. are., but my new listings  suddenly are  getting no views.

merchandise that used to get 20, 30, 40 views before selling in a week, are getting

1 view or none.

And now its impossible to get a live ebay support person to speak with.

Whats going on, i dont believe the  economy theory, there's still people with

money that buy what they want.

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: I'm gettimng almost no views in the last couple weeks of listing.

Some things that previously counted as views, such as the listing being crawled by a bot, no longer count. The count may now represent the last 30 days by default (but that can be changed). Views prior to the change may not have been counted.

Some info about recent changes to the way views are displayed can be found here:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/VERY-FEW-VIEWS/m-p/32921824/highlight/true#M1997278

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

@ridgecoin1 

you need to compare of "Impressions" performance of your new listings with your old listings.
if you see your new listings have a low Impressions than your old listings in a specified period, in that case there is a problem and you need to contact ebay.
about the views counting, as @eburtonlab  mentioned, ebay did some changes about that, they will not counting a bots views, but you don't need worry about this changes, all you need to is monitoring your "Impressions" performance and compare it between the old listings with the new listings as will the sales performance...

("Winter Is Coming")
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Read the last ebay update re views no more bot views only real buyer views from now on.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Auctions starting at .99 with free shipping seems to work for me. Sometimes I'll do penny auctions.

Buy it now doesn't work for me. I can always go to Amazon or store websites to shop nowadays.

Also, you can now check "shipped & awaiting your feedback" to see "repeat" buyers in the last 2 years.

Repeat buyers is what I am looking for. It shows what sells and doesn't sell.

Anything gold or silver usually sells once I put it on auction in eBay if I give a good price for it.

No one wants to pay retail anymore or close to it. I just want my stuff to sell and not sit on eBay for 6 months.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

whats  " bot"  ?

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

whats " bot" ?

eburtonlab_0-1654106521559.png

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Thank you kindly, but i still dont understand how that

effects my listing views.

For example, I currently have listed a 1923 Silver Certificate U.S.Note., It

is one of the most popular paper money sold on ebay. I listed over a week ago

and have had only 1 view !

I also have a group of silver kennedy Half dollars from the 60's listed 2 weeks ago.,

2 views ... normally they would have sold in 2-3 days.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

@ridgecoin1 wrote:

Thank you kindly, but i still dont understand how that

effects my listing views.

For example, I currently have listed a 1923 Silver Certificate U.S.Note., It

is one of the most popular paper money sold on ebay. I listed over a week ago

and have had only 1 view !

I also have a group of silver kennedy Half dollars from the 60's listed 2 weeks ago.,

2 views ... normally they would have sold in 2-3 days.

They removed all the bot views, which they say were approx 30% of the views.  Those are gone, which is good b/c they were never actual live people who could purchase your item.  

Additionally, instead of a lifetime of the listing View Count, they wiped the slate clean & it's now just a rolling 30 days, so the numbers are MUCH lower.   This is for everyone, not just you. 

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Seems the same time they removed bots,  sales dropped by a huge margin.  Others experienced the same thing so it's not just the it's your stuff or your prices (giveaway) are too high,  it's something else correlated to that.  I noticed none of my items come up in a google search though I have 30-50 or more of each type listed with a somewhat similar title that should atleast pull up one or two.  No one is going to buy your stuff if they can't find it. 

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Really dislike the new "Views Count" -- it's discouraging and makes me feel that selling on eBay isn't worth the time and trouble.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply