cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

please...how to change the postage after buyer has paid ? thank you

What is the easiest way to adjust the postage after the buyer has paid ?

I asked the buyer to not pay until I changed the shipping cost to incorporate international postage and they have paid which included only Domestic shipping rates.

Thank you 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Do you normally ship overseas?

Apparently you do, since you are in Australia, and I can see shipping costs to Canada (I'm Canadian).

When I checked you had a price for shipping to Canada and to Bhutan and to Andorra.

If the buyer is not in a country you ship to, you can Cancel the sale as "Bad shipping address".

If you normally would ship to the buyer's country, but don't have a shipping price set, you can refund the payment and re-invoice with the correct address.

Or you could ask the buyer for an Australian address since they only paid for Domestic (Aussie) delivery.

Or you could use this as a Learning Experience and review your listings for potential problems like this, after shipping to the overseas address and accepting the loss.  I hate Learning Experiences too.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

By the way, since you have been away from selling for a while, is your Managed Payments account set up so that eBay can transfer customer payments to your bank account?
You need a chequing account with an Australian bank. 

Canadian sellers have been having problems with micro-deposits as identification, so use another method. I used my passport, DH used his driving license.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply