cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I don't know what to do ...

So, I entered a new listing today and noticed that I was going to be charged $0.25 to list it.

I have reached the 1000 listings available to me under my subscription.

I'm paying $22 a month for a basic store for which I get 1k listings.  I can upgrade to premium for $60 and get 10k listings.

I have a LOT more to list, so I'm going to do something. 

I have another account.  A store that is empty ... and I'm paying $22 a month for.  I was going to close it and save a couple bucks ... but ... should I:

1)  Move half of the existing store over to the empty one.  This might work well because I actually have two different type of inventory.  Key fobs ... and auto emblems.  I could do a "Fob Account" and an "Emblem Account".  Or, 

2)   Close the empty store and expand the existing one.

Or does it matter?   A coin flip?

I don't think there is a wrong answer ... 🦋 

There are many participants of this forum has has a couple days more experience here than me ... whadda ya think?

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

If I close one and expand the other one the costs break down like this:

Currently paying $22 x 2 = $44 per month.

Expanding and closing would be $60 a month.

So going that way would only cost $16 a month.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

If I close one and expand the other one the costs break down like this:

Currently paying $22 x 2 = $44 per month.

Expanding and closing would be $60 a month.

Sounds like you have it all under control.   I am with you on this one!

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

I vote keep both basic stores 😁

Not to mention you will get 2 quarterly coupons for shipping supplies 😀

Just makes more financial sense   

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Depending on what you sell, don't forget that even with the basic store you get 10k additional listings available in certain categories like collectibles. 

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Before you upgrade your store subscription, check your listing limits to make sure that you can make good use of all those extra free insertions; subscribing to a store does not affect these limits:

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/listings/selling-limits?id=4107

If you are paying $22 per month for a Basic store, then you must have the annual subscription rather than month-to-month. If you cancel the subscription before the 12th month of your annual commitment, you have to pay an "early termination fee," so look that up in the Store TOS here and factor that into your costs.

http://pages.ebay.com/stores/subscriptionterms.html

If you decide to drop one store and upgrade the other, consider the timing: When you cancel a store subscription, the cancellation takes effect on the first day of the following month. So if you're going to cancel one of the subscriptions, you'll save money by doing it today rather than tomorrow.  If you cancel tomorrow (or any other day during February) you'll still have that subscription, and pay for it, through February 29.

On the other hand, when you upgrade your store subscription, that takes effect immediately and your subscription fees are pro-rated for the balance of the month. So if you decide to upgrade one store, the most cost-effective way to do that would be to keep at the current level into February until you have used up your free insertions, THEN upgrade so you only pay the new higher store subscription rate for the remaining days in February. You'll still get the full month's allotment of free insertions for your new store level.

One final bit: When you have an annual subscription and you upgrade it, the 12-month clock resets, so you are making a new 12-month commitment at the new Store level.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

@coastaltechsolution wrote:

I vote keep both basic stores 😁

Not to mention you will get 2 quarterly coupons for shipping supplies ...

But the upgraded Premium store would get a $50 coupon so that's the same benefit.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Thanks to all who replied.

It looks to me like canceling one and upgrading the other is the way to go -- and in fact, I've already done it.

NOW I need to get to work getting the rest of this inventory in to pay for it.

Cheers

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

For most sellers I never did understand having more than one store, looks to me like it would just add unnecessary complication

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

It's the last day of the month, tomorrow starts fresh. You will probably be fine. Delete slow movers to resist later on.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply