cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I didn't realize how angry I would be when Fixed price 30 days was not an option to choose

I knew it was proposed as a change, just very surprised at the feeling when the 30 day option was no longer there.  Very angry.  Now just a depressing sense of loss. 

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: I didn't realize how angry I would be when Fixed price 30 days was not an option to choose

I agree. I was hoping to get all my freebies in before the change but it got me with over 100 left. I was so mad I decided to relist them all as auctions. I dropped the prices to rock bottom hoping to get rid of everything.

Because...

I don't want to do this anymore. It's just getting too difficult

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

Re: I didn't realize how angry I would be when Fixed price 30 days was not an option to choose

@noodlevette wrote:

I knew it was proposed as a change, just very surprised at the feeling when the 30 day option was no longer there.  Very angry.  Now just a depressing sense of loss. 

Just wait until Managed Payments is forced on sellers and you have to give your bank account routing number to Ebay.   After 21 years I am pulling the plug on March 31.

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

@needalittlehelpsometimes wrote:

I agree. I was hoping to get all my freebies in before the change but it got me with over 100 left. I was so mad I decided to relist them all as auctions. I dropped the prices to rock bottom hoping to get rid of everything.

Because...

I don't want to do this anymore. It's just getting too difficult

Glad you mentioned auctions. I have a bunch of things that will end in 11 days and still have 49/50 of my monthly allotment left since I had a 200 listing promo. Using auctions for those items will help me TRY to then keep everything synchronized as all the 30 day FP drop off and need to go back as GTC. I don't want to be constantly worrying about what is going to rollover and use up my free 50, so somehow, someway I need to come a with a logical plan for listing. But I guess the next 100 item promo will throw me out of whack anyway.

They didn’t say it was your fault. They said they blame you.
Message 4 of 16
latest reply

@noodlevette wrote:

Oh I agree 100%       I've never used GTC in the 18+ years I've been selling.     Never wanted to use it,

never planned on using it.

I hate the idea that ebay wants to automate everything I do for my own business.    I hate it.

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

I'm right there with you.  This is handcuffing.  I sell hundreds of items a year that are re-listed again and again.  Forcing me to do it when my 250 free listings have already been used rather than allowing me to wait and choose when I re-list them (obviously when I have free listings renewed, duh, eBay!) is almost criminal in my mind.

I have listed this way for years, sold on eBay for 20 years and I agree.  This is just a price gouging scheme that in the end, I hope loses eBay a large chunk of business.  This is getting far too hard to do.  I pay 21.95 a month, plus 9.9% or more, then must pay 2.9% + .30¢ to Paypal, and now you're going to force me to pay for going over my limit because you are also forcing me to list in this manner?  Hi-tech, disconnected, theft.

Just let me list at a fixed price and be able to choose when my items are re-listed or lose me as a customer.  Or, at least allow 30 day auctions so I can properly manage my costs.  

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

Not angry here, but definitely feeling depressed about it and the extra work it's going to entail.

Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 7 of 16
latest reply

I am assuming at this point, this is just yet another way to try and force the little guy out.  I have a store and don't want to relist my items automatically.  If it doesn't sell at night, I may try the next month to have it end during the morning.  I am not going to pay to change it.  As a seller, buyer and stockholder.  Its another knife in the back of us little guys that mean nothing to feebay.  I am done with the store as soon as I get my "free" overpriced shipping supplies at the end of the quarter, I will no longer have a shop.  I can't afford free shipping - it ain't free folks, even feebay says just add it to your price, free returns - feebay tells you just add it to your price.  Paypal fees, feebay fees are not lowered enough to make a difference.  3500 + feedbacks since 1998.  I will go back to 50 listings.  Screw this, screw them.  Its time to sell the stock and just sell locally on facebook.  It's easier, its much cheaper and I sell many more items there now anyway.  feebay, I have put up with your huge increases, I have put up with your BIN push, Free shipping push, Paypal push, and everything else you have done to screw us the little guys.  But add in the complete shipping cost fiasco (I know that is USPS's fault not ebay), but it still makes it much more profitable and enjoyable just to list it on my local fb auction or swap shops.  I will take your 50 "Free" listings, then sell the rest on fb.  I am sorry for the rest of the folks that will stay around and get screwed over with your next change.  This use to be fun, it used to be exciting.  Now it just peeves me off.  No need for stress for a couple of hundred bucks.

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

I've been a frequent Buyer since 2010 and just purchased a new home in Hawaii.  I have many things I wanted to sell on eBay this year, before I relocate at the end of year or early 2020.  I was just about to set-up a Sellers Account when many things happened at once (Feb. Updates wreaking havoc with Technical Issue after Technical Issue, loss of trust in eBay, Homepage Error still not fixed, and now the forced GTC). 

What goes around comes around .... and the depressing sense of loss will be seen when eBay's Q1 Financial Numbers are released

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

And a further depressing sense of loss, when eBay's Q2, Q3, and Q4 Financial Numbers are released.

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

Ebay won't care, they love China.And I'll bet China does not have to follow the rules we do. Just wait til Ebay is in your bank account.Do you think China large sellers will have to do that as well?I think NOT.

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

@relaxintowealth 

@albany_sellers 

@marty11160 

@diane-in-ny 

@cunberlandgapshop4you 

Now we know where the extra fees generated by forced GTC will be going .... see this tweet from eBay's CEO Devin Wenig, just fresh off an article from eCommerce Bytes today (eBay CEO Celebrates Company’s First Stock Dividend);

Devin Wenig

@devinwenig

Today eBay paid its first cash dividend of 14 cents per share to stockholders. This is the first dividend program in eBay’s history and marks a significant milestone for the company. We are delighted to share the company’s ongoing success with our fellow shareholders.

While eBay Sellers and Buyers are being treated unfairly and forced GTC is resonating dissent like I've never seen before, the CEO of eBay is promoting a dividend to shareholders (and himself)!
Message 12 of 16
latest reply

I removed all of my fixed price listings about 3 weeks ago because of this. I relisted some in auctions, I had almost  1000 listings at the time now about 175 in auction format. I am closing my store April 1st, because that is the end of my store subscription and all of my 175 listings will end this weekend and I will not relist them. Then after closing my store I will use my FREE 50 a month to list a few items in auction format only. Ebay is DEAD. 

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

I  understand the anger........  At one point in Ebay history..... listings in stores did not appear in general search......  Then, surprising, ebay added them .........for a period of about 3 months.  Many of us experienced BIG increases in sales.  Then Ebay took them out of search.  Livid does not describe what those that experienced the increased velocity felt......  Many, many other instances of changes that really hurt some segment of sellers....  And many, many sellers left then and at other times.

But many stayed...... having learned to roll with the changes, learning to wait and see what actually happens with a "new" environment, rather than quit because of what  they thought "might" happen..... 

And this will be a new environment.... one that none of us has sold in before.  None of us know whether sales will be higher, lower, or about the same for us as individuals.

We also need to understand that Ebay, as a company,  is successful.  The dire predictions made by disgruntled sellers that accompany every change have not come to pass.

Point of all this is.........that we do have choices, not the same ones we had a few weeks ago........but choices are there........if individuals are willing to try new things. 

just my opinion........

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

It’s been a ghost town for sure. I had left back in 2014. The volume then, and the volume now is staggering.

As far as I see it, it’s been a ghost town since I came back in 2016.

I’ve never seen so much throttling as well. Reps will agree with you about throttling.

I must wonder if it is the algorithm is so dysfunctional that it is weeks or months before they pick you up again. If you doubt throttling, think about the weeks you sell every day AND THEN NOTHING.  

I’ve had sellers locate me by my seller name on the web and some got in really deep. They accepted a loan from them and then no sales. Others say the throttling is worse than ever.  

I’m sure they must throttle because the anchor stores are paying somewhere around $500 for the store and they are tied into it for a year.

Since they have the anchor stores they come first and then there are not enough buyers to spread around. I have also had an anchor store seller tell me that not even the anchor stores are selling at the level they need.

Here’s hoping it gets better. I wish everyone the best of luck. 

Message 15 of 16
latest reply