cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am not a robot!!!!

for the past few weeks now ebay requires me to prove that I'm not a robot by completing their captcha. I have to do it once before logging in and one more time immediately after logging in. what the heck man? talk about paranoid.

before the captcha was a those dumb "click the pictures that contain hydrants". now it's even worse. i have to drag a puzzle piece to fit EXACTLY on the rest of the puzzle. if i am off by 1 pixel, it fails and i have to try again. and the puzzle piece is ENLARGED slightly so i cant even line up an edge to the edge of the rest of the puzzle. i have to guess that the puzzle piece is sitting in the exact center of the slot.

you gotta fix this mess and fire the guy who came up with this masterpiece.

Message 1 of 39
latest reply
38 REPLIES 38

Re: I am not a robot!!!!

Exactly! I have the option to move the piece to the right... only to the right... regardless of shape or any idea of where it is supposed to fit in the puzzle... what a load of bee ess.

Message 16 of 39
latest reply

Welcome to the holiday shopping season on eBay! We save you money by hiding what you want to buy, Captcha, and not allowing you to pay. Why shop anywhere else?

Chaos is NOT an "industry standard".
Message 17 of 39
latest reply

@tek_wyzrd click the vision impaired and enter the numbers as they speak them.

It drove me insane placing the piece and being told to try in 3 seconds over & over & over ...
Message 18 of 39
latest reply

I can only assume this captcha thing is also interfering with auction sniping? Didn't we go through this at least once before?
Message 19 of 39
latest reply

@pink.fish.rule wrote:
I can only assume this captcha thing is also interfering with auction sniping? Didn't we go through this at least once before?

It might be interfering with all sorts of programs that interact with eBay because I had to do the puzzle piece thing yesterday when I was opening up Turbo Lister to check for updates. Then after the puzzle piece I had to do the regular authorization with user id and password that I normally do when eBay is generating a new token for Turbo Lister.

I was very proud of myself ... I was able to do the puzzle piece on the first try when I wasn't even sure if I could make it work with computer and mouse.

Then I got to wondering ... has eBay been hacked or something because I have had Turbo Lister forever and first time I had to do this extra step of verification.

Message 20 of 39
latest reply

It wouldn't be the first time it's happened and they've said nothing would it?
Message 21 of 39
latest reply

it's the Gee Test Captcha from China. it works everywhere (except North Korea due to propaganda, terrorism, kidnapping, crime, war crimes and even massive risk of arrest and execution).

Message 22 of 39
latest reply

"I am not a robot!!!"

But isn't that wall all Terminators are programmed to say?

Message 23 of 39
latest reply

I use Chrome browser. I find it annoying that when I want to take a seller action on my account I have to do the captcha (2 step-first click circle then line up puzzle piece), then I have to enter my password and then I have to do captcha 2 step all over again. Why 2 times? Once is off-putting enough
It doesn't even load quickly, so it is annoying to the highest heavens.
Message 24 of 39
latest reply

Fix it please. There is no puzzle to fit the piece in!
Message 25 of 39
latest reply

@chilenet 

I do not work for eBay, so asking me to fix it -- even nicely -- will not help you.

Try using the audio alternative (third button) if you can not see the puzzle.

One user indicated that he was able to get the puzzle to appear by changing his browser's privacy anti-tracking settings. See the comment here:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Member-To-Member-Support/Technical-Login-security-verification-messed-...

Message 26 of 39
latest reply

Sorry my comment was that it should be fixed or not be used. I didn't realize there was a live moderator. And thanks. I will try that audio button solution. I like my privacy settings how they are but I'll look to see what would be changed.

I appreciate your help.

Regards,

Drew

Message 27 of 39
latest reply

You are welcome -- no problem. I responded because you replied to my post.

The only folks on the boards who actually work for eBay have "eBay" in their usernames; the vast majority of posts are from other users like yourself who share tips and workarounds.

Message 28 of 39
latest reply

Hahaha! I feel for you, and I, too, had to "drag the puzzle piece into place", more than one time, last week. Makes me wonder, how on Earth is this supposed to protect us from potentail hackers? Cannot they "drag the puzzle piece"? 

Thanks for the smile

PW

Message 29 of 39
latest reply

I Agree" never had a problem with signing in before this capcha **bleep**, now i found myself logging in allot less because of it. can`t help but wonder if the buyers have the same issue?  Great Job Ebay!

Message 30 of 39
latest reply