cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am done selling items for now.

Done selling items on this site because have not been able to get thing sold.

Message 1 of 40
latest reply
39 REPLIES 39

Re: I am done selling items for now.

Thank you for this.

Message 31 of 40
latest reply

@turquoisetulips wrote:

Ebay needs to pay attention to what sellers are saying - not their hired consultants who have little experience selling on online venues. tunicsalot 

Well said . There's no better education than hands on experience . Tulips 

Exactly Tulips!  The best eBay employee would be someone with 1+ years experience as a buyer and a seller on eBay preferably with a store, TRS+, GSP, GTC, etc..In other words, someone who had to pay their bills using eBay income at some period in their lifetime.

Message 32 of 40
latest reply

@cool224 wrote:

Thank you for this.

You are more then welcome ... I Buy on a lot more venues then I Sell on ... its a function of acquiring inventory, determining where it might sell best then processing it accordingly.  My preference for online sales are sites where I can ship from home ... some people don't mind the ones where you meet the Buyer somewhere like the Police Station, public parking lot, etc.

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 33 of 40
latest reply

I agree.

Message 34 of 40
latest reply

@djmovers99 wrote:

@turquoisetulips wrote:

Ebay needs to pay attention to what sellers are saying - not their hired consultants who have little experience selling on online venues. tunicsalot 

Well said . There's no better education than hands on experience . Tulips 

Exactly Tulips!  The best eBay employee would be someone with 1+ years experience as a buyer and a seller on eBay preferably with a store, TRS+, GSP, GTC, etc..In other words, someone who had to pay their bills using eBay income at some period in their lifetime.

Although I agree with you - I'd be happy if they just experienced selling - period. My biggest disappointment was when the old Community leader and Griff - who I thought was a Seller Advocate ( but he made it very clear he wasn't) were both Ebay sellers but they'd push the latest and greatest change but didn't use it themselves. I really think if they are going to talk the talk - they should walk the walk and that would only benefit Ebay - sellers would see their employees had faith in these new roll outs.

I'm sorry but these webinars and videos remind me of the old time news programs. Really ridiculous and forced  jokes - just stick to the topic - present it in reasonable way and quit trying to make it the best thing on earth - the more someone talks something up - the more suspicious I am of it. 

Message 35 of 40
latest reply

Amen! I’m SO tired of people always saying, “it’s the slow season!” I think this is just a stupid theory people keep parroting. People always says “the holidays are the slowest for clothing sellers!” yet my best sales months of the year are almost always Nov/Dec/Jan. Beginning of Spring/Summer is almost always a close second for clothing, as people start buying new stuff for their wardrobe. 

I do agree that July/August can be slow because of vacations, etc but somehow these 2 slow-ish months have turned into everyone saying YEAR ROUND, “but it’s the slow season!” It shouldn’t be ‘slow’ all year long. Unless other internal issues are to blame...

For many any of us, it should NOT be this slow right now. I’ve lost count of how many established ebay sellers I talk to other places that are floundering right now. I can literally only think of one or two people who are having good sales currently and both of them are doing free shipping, free returns, Promoted Listings AND have very low prices averaging around $15-$20 max, which is including the shipping. 

I fully expect ebay’s Q2 results to be pretty dismal when they’re released later this year. There’s no way with this many sellers not selling anything that the numbers will be good. 

Message 36 of 40
latest reply

It has zero to do with your arm, eBay is a royal mess right now in so many ways it's just plain sad. It's not you, it's what is going on with this platform, non stop changes, glitches, tests, and stupidity.

I'm continuing to list most of my items on another platform and cross posting any slow movers from there over to here. Used to be the other way around, eBay got my best and the others got what didn't sell here. I am afraid to list high dollar items here anymore too.

My how times have changed!

So many games here, I don't like games, I like straight shooting and eBay is no longer that. I feel like I am running a gauntlet here against scammers and eBay always dipping their sticky fingers into ANY bit of my money they think they can swoop up.

There aren't enough sales here anymore to even form a plan. eBay makes me upset, every day it is something annoying. I can't even find what I want to buy when I search anymore 😞
Message 37 of 40
latest reply

@vintagequeennyc wrote:

Amen! I’m SO tired of people always saying, “it’s the slow season!” I think this is just a stupid theory people keep parroting. People always says “the holidays are the slowest for clothing sellers!” yet my best sales months of the year are almost always Nov/Dec/Jan. Beginning of Spring/Summer is almost always a close second for clothing, as people start buying new stuff for their wardrobe. 

I do agree that July/August can be slow because of vacations, etc but somehow these 2 slow-ish months have turned into everyone saying YEAR ROUND, “but it’s the slow season!” It shouldn’t be ‘slow’ all year long. Unless other internal issues are to blame...

For many any of us, it should NOT be this slow right now. I’ve lost count of how many established ebay sellers I talk to other places that are floundering right now. I can literally only think of one or two people who are having good sales currently and both of them are doing free shipping, free returns, Promoted Listings AND have very low prices averaging around $15-$20 max, which is including the shipping. 

I fully expect ebay’s Q2 results to be pretty dismal when they’re released later this year. There’s no way with this many sellers not selling anything that the numbers will be good. 

Have to say - I was one of those giving excuses the past few years. I truly enjoy selling here - but it's just not getting any better for sellers as Ebay refuses to uphold their own rules for buyers and sellers. The amt of items in wrong categories, duplicate listings where a 1 or 2 is added to make it look different, fake items ect… it not only lowers the good sellers in search - but then buyers turn around and claim even legitimate sellers are selling fakes.

This new seller protection is a farce as they should have been proactive all along when sellers call in to complain about an abusive buyer - especially when the proof is front and center in the feedback. I get that some buyers only leave negatives and they look at the buyers over all feedback vs the amt of purchases here - but on the flip side - how many sellers have suffered loss of sales due to that negative that may have been unjustly left. I have 2 negs now because buyers did not look at the measurements in the listings and I make note in the used description box to check measurements if it seems the item runs small or is vintage. Yet the negs stay because it's the buyers opinion. I have no other problems on any other venue with this type of buyer - maybe I'm lucky or maybe buyers on those venues know that they have to prove an SNAD and that the seller is at fault - so they actually read the listing and look at the measurements.

There are times of the year that every seller will experience a slow down - if you deal in cold weather - clothing, sporting equipment, blankets - you're going to be slow in the summer - if dealing in swimsuits, seeds and gardening tools - you'll be slow in the winter - but Ebay is world wide and it's cold somewhere in the world  while hot in others. The world wide buyers are always brought up - but it's not like the old days. With international postage so high - I sell no where near the volume overseas that I did 3-4 yrs ago. Meanwhile US only venues are hopping without the need for overseas sales.

I've jumped through all the hoops but am switching back because it did not increase sales. What does increase sales is being one of a small group of sellers in a niche or dropping prices between $10-$20. The few sales I have gotten are items I dropped to that price range.

Message 38 of 40
latest reply

It is really sad how slow sales have gotten just overall.  I put 1/2 of my older inventory on sale for 50% off, and had a whopping 6 sales over the weekend (that's actually a good amount as of late!).  These are items that are all around $15 to begin with, so not expensive. 

They've just made SO many changes that no one can keep up, and gone so far away from their original platform, which worked pretty well IMO.  And along the way they've lost many good sellers, and probably many buyers also. 

Once upon a time, July and January were the slowest months for clothing.  Over the past 2-3 years, the 'slow season' seems to be the norm, and the 'selling season' is maybe a month or two out of the year.  Definite change.  I used to have hope that sales could bounce back at least somewhat, but with each new 'change' that they continue to roll out several times a year, I have just lost any hope at all.  It seems to get more & more complicated  and challenging to buy OR sell.

Message 39 of 40
latest reply

Sometimes the market shifts and certain items lose interest 

Message 40 of 40
latest reply