cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am done selling items for now.

Done selling items on this site because have not been able to get thing sold.

Message 1 of 40
latest reply
39 REPLIES 39

Re: I am done selling items for now.

This is a normal time of year for sales to be down.  Just cut back and list your more promising items.  We all get discouraged from time to time.

Message 16 of 40
latest reply

@cool224 wrote:

Did you see my last reply?

Yes I did. And it was clear you didn't get my joke. 

You said you were done selling because nothing was getting sold.

So I pointed out that if nothing is getting sold, you really weren't "selling" items - you were merely "listing" items. 

It's much less funny when I have to explain it. 

Message 17 of 40
latest reply

@cool224 wrote:

I will still be buying items on this site and coming here to talk still.

So glad . We need to keep all the nice people  coming in .  🙂  Tulips

Message 18 of 40
latest reply

Ebay needs to pay attention to what sellers are saying - not their hired consultants who have little experience selling on online venues. tunicsalot 

Well said . There's no better education than hands on experience . Tulips 

Message 19 of 40
latest reply

@cool224 wrote:

Done selling items on this site because have not been able to get thing sold.

Sorry to hear, but I'm not surprised you reflect what MANY eBay sellers are saying NO SALES! I shut my shop down last month and will use the 50 free listing as long as eBay is offering them.

Good luck to ALL the small sellers out there!
Message 20 of 40
latest reply

@nmemoryof wrote:

This is a normal time of year for sales to be down.  Just cut back and list your more promising items.  We all get discouraged from time to time.

I disagree with you - for many - this time of the year is one of their most productive. Clothing sales are up as people gear up for the warmer weather. Pool accessories, toys, outdoor sports equipment, gardening, patio chairs and accessories, seeds - all of these start selling in the latter part of March.

The slow periods are usually right after the holidays before income tax returns and the months of July and August when people vacation and then things gear up at the end of Aug for returning to school and Holiday sales.

Due to their inventory - some sellers do have a different sales pattern - but I've been here over 20 yrs and this cycle has repeated for 20 years for most sellers. Sales are lagging in part due to all the glitches and changes here - the lack of promoting the site for new buyers - and the fact so many other sites have opened in the past few years. That's when Ebay should have gone hard on advertising and promotions. What they are doing now is too little- too late - with their 8% Ebay bucks and $3 off $3 coupons.

Message 21 of 40
latest reply

Same here.  I wonder how many dormant accounts it would take, before ebay would "notice" anything is going on.....Millions?  Of course if one is presented with data, they still have to open their eyes to see it.Smiley Frustrated

Message 22 of 40
latest reply

I just ran into another glitch when looking at my underperforming items. I went in an adjusted the prices - pressed saved for every single one - come back 10 minutes later and each is still underperforming and back to the original price - reset the prices again - they have gone back to the original prices once more.

Message 23 of 40
latest reply

Thank you all for sharingSmiley Happy

Message 24 of 40
latest reply

Thank you for explaining it Smiley Happy

Message 25 of 40
latest reply

Have you tried taking any pictures without your arm in them? Perhaps people aren't buying because they're afraid they'll receive part of your arm. Listing with good pictures sell better.
Message 26 of 40
latest reply

cut out is much as I can. Perhaps people aren't buying because they're afraid they'll receive part of your arm good jokelaughing

Message 27 of 40
latest reply

In my other listing that i ended on eBay.  My arm is hardly see in photos.

Message 28 of 40
latest reply

My video game i had sold not too long go. In photo arm is hardly see.

Message 29 of 40
latest reply

@tunicaslot wrote:

Sellers are also buyers - when their sales are down - they don't have the money to buy. Many buyers are fed up with the constant glitches and latest roll outs and have been moving merchandise elsewhere. We probably have thousands of new sellers starting to list here every day but there are so many choices out there on where to sell. People know other venues have better seller protection and there are many social media sites that are free and sellers don't pay any fees - YET. Where do you think the majority of new sellers are listing items?

Ebay needs to pay attention to what sellers are saying - not their hired consultants who have little experience selling on online venues. Sellers do not want to leave Ebay - we have one of the biggest platforms with world wide exposure - but when sales suffer - they often have no choice.

Great post - worthy of a repeat.  Today's online entrepreneur actually NEEDS to be selling on multiple venues and not limiting themselves to just one like eBay or Amazon or Etsy.  10 and 20 years ago choices were limited but not today.  

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 30 of 40
latest reply