Did you mean: 

I Qualify For eBay Guaranteed Delivery!

Screen Shot 2021-03-05 at 2.27.45 AM.png

Did anyone else receive this?

Smoke From A Distant Fire - Sanford Townsend Band
Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: I Qualify For eBay Guaranteed Delivery!

10b00ks_1-1614948139028.jpeg

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

I think I have received it in the past, and just deleted the message. My own experience told me sellers could not deliver on that promise, and I wanted nothing to do with it. 

The ONLY way I am joining that program is if USPS and eBay put up the money behind the "guarantee". Because IMO, this is nothing but asking for trouble for a seller. I have zero control over the carriers. Even they seem to be unable to guarantee anything. I sure am not putting my faith in carriers that have proven there are times when they can't make deliveries on time. 

Quite backwards IMO to even ask ANY seller to join this, after last year happened. 

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

@inhawaii 

I’m on the waitlist!  I’d like to try it - although I don’t think that my buyers are searching by a guaranteed delivery date.  

I hope it is like MP - a pleasant surprise.  

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

I got this yesterday and took a look and figured why not

way too much information needed to set up a simple policy...................not for me

I have 1 day shipping and ebay fudges the delivery date to suit  someones needs..........not really sure who

ebay has faith in my fast shipping so why do I need to compicate things

some of the  buyers have a hard time getting the voucher or whatever it is they dangle at you

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Frequently Asked Questions:

What is your handling time after a buyer purchase?
Same or next day. Overwhelmingly next day.

Are you enrolled in the Guaranteed Delivery program?
Yes, involuntarily. eBay enrolled me without my consent. The Terms of Service allow them to do that.

How is the program working for you?
It doesn't cost me any money since eBay pays the vouchers. I occasionally get messages from buyers who are irate that their package is/was late. I explain the eBay parent company put the guarantee in there without my consent. On Tuesday I received a Negative Feedback, which stinks.

Why not voluntarily enroll?
I can not see the upside as a seller. I can't control delivery people locally or out of state. Every time a carrier makes a mistake, it costs me money. The break even point is not evident to me. How much would sales have to increase to offset paying these penalties? I would prefer to forfeit some sales to other sellers if the buyers are lack of planning, in a hurry types.

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

...I got that message yesterday...IMHO such an illusion...

...eBay did not own any couriers (USPS, UPS, FedEx...etc...), I have been saying this over and over, and eBay probably won't have their own fleets like Amazon for self-delivery, so from what level of certainty that eBay could make such a "deadly" promise in "guarantee delivery"...?

...can eBay send their agents to USPS to push up the processing, transit or delivery time...?...come quickly there to tell the clerks and mailmen that they're better hurry up...make sure eBay has enough experience to deal with the Postal Unions grievances, and yet...has enough money to cover Worker Compensation Claims...

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

I delete that message every time I get it. I think the GDD program was one of the worst gimmicks ever invented.

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

I thought the latest was that the only GD program available now was for those offering the door to door option?

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

Hopefully you aren't considering it as eBay can't Guarantee anything since they aren't involved in the shipping process.   Your location alone is Zone 8 for everyone.  I also got a message from eBay to change my handling time to one day.   However,  they already ignore that my listings are advertised with 2 day handling and standard delivery.   Unfortunately, eBay has deleted the handling time on listings.  I don't plan to compromise my service metrics since USPS hasn't improved their delivery times no matter what service level I use.  I have an item that I shipped with First Class Mail on Feb 22nd from Calif to Alabama that still hasn't arrived.    Until yesterday the last scan was from the regional sorting station on Feb 23rd.  eBay originally showed the buyer a delivery date for Feb 25th.    What's strange is that they changed it to today. 

I had a buyer make a purchase today with eBay stating I need to ship by March 9th, but they show the buyer a delivery date for March 10-12 for a Zone 7 package.  Clearly I can't wait until the 9th to ship.

A year ago delivery times might not have been a problem, but no more and the reason I changed my handling time and service level a year ago.  I open a missing package search back on Feb 27  with no response from the post office.  However,  it finally showed a scan in Mobile Alabama today.  I'm surprised the buyer hadn't  already opened a claim, but I have been adding a message with all my shipping labels that USPS has been experiencing delivery delays due to high  volume in package shipping.  It's simply not economical to choose another carrier for  low cost items that are only a few ounces in shipping weight.  However, I feel bad as USPS has taken nearly 2 weeks for a buyer to deliver their purchase.

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

Thanks but no thanks.

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

I was in the GD handling time option, which never worked as promised,  but now I have this notice as well.

I didn't see anything in the the seller updates about it, but I think they are in fact ending the handling time option where eBay guarantees the delivery date, and now they want us to sign up for the door to door guarantee, but I can't find any official information about what is going on.

I do think it's rather ironic that eBay wants to get out of the guarantying someone else's services business, but then they want us to be happy to do the same thing?

Kind of like when someone says "Eww, this tastes awful... here, try it".

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

I did, today. My question is - how can eBay guarantee a delivery date when the USPS can't get a priority envelope from Arizona to Ohio in less than 10 days? AND that's in March - let alone packages that were sent Priority in December that took 2 - 3 weeks from Arizona to Texas!

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

It's really confusing. It popped up on my home page a couple days ago. I've been on guaranteed delivery for a long time. I clicked the "Opt in now" button, but it doesn't do anything, just takes you to an information page. I'm here...... looking for answers. I guess time will tell.

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Yes, got this as well & not opting in.

They are also peppering us to become a Top Rated PLUS seller, by having tracking scanned on every order within 24 hours.  NO WAY.
We ship FAST as is, but don't need any of these things to get us in trouble for things out of our control.

Message 15 of 15
latest reply