cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there an easy way to steer customers to buy mulitiple items? Ebay Store not effective.

Appreciate any feedback.    Running into many issues trying to increase sales for more than one item.   I am a very low margin business and now that Ebay charges .30 per transaction it has increased my need to drive more than a single sale.  

1. Ebay Store - Find that this doesn't get much traffic, mainly because 99% of all users utilize a phone and the rendering of the Ebay store on the phone is not user friendly like it is on laptop.   For example, cannot search through the categories I have setup in my store, etc..   REALLY disapointed in the Ebay Store benefits to drive sales.  The back end piece is really solid, but envisioned much more traffic would be driven to the Ebay Store. 

2.  One of the things I was doing before the new fee structure was reaching out to customers that purchased a single item, then offering them a discount on adding to their order.  Unfortunately again, the new .30 per transaction is also applied to that one as well even though it is the same customer ordering 2 items on the same day.   The only solution from Ebay was to sell the customers to cancel their order and order multiple.  This seems like WAY too much work and confusion to handle through messaging.  

3.  I have recently added Add ANY (4) items to Cart for $XX Each, to the listing Title, but still seem to get more single items or multiple of the same item.  Doesn't seem to resonate with customers that they can add different items to cart, so that has been a bit of a bust as well.  

Is there any way to add a question to buyers at checkout?  Something like, you are purchasing a single item at $2.50, if you add any other items to your cart you can receive discounts of 10% on 2, 25% on 2 and 30% on any 4 simply by adding more items to your cart from this seller, or at a minimum add a option to allow the customers to add items to an existing order.  I can't beleive that we cannot do that.  

Anyway, appreciate any feedback or tips others have used to do anything like this.   

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Is there an easy way to steer customers to buy mulitiple items? Ebay Store not effective.

Small wholesale lots.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Yeah... that's something that I am considering as well.   Thanks for the advice. 

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I’m on an iPhone and I can browse through your categories in your store. Are you referring to something else or am I missing something?

Hit refine, then categories.

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

The 30 cent fee per transaction was always there, only PayPal used to take it instead of eBay. The cost of the fees did not change. You have a big hill to climb if the 30 cents is impacting your overall earnings. Perhaps if you purchased your merch in larger quantities or searched for better buying opportunities you could bring your costs down so low to where 30 cents per item is insignificant.

This is what we do to cross sell our items; At the bottom of your description, say a line like ' more of these great sweaters in our store. Click here to view ' The ' click ' of the click here is an embedded link to not only our eBay store, but the exact category that the buyer is interested in. Then you can elaborate on what deals and quantity specials that you offer. It is one of the basis' of our business, I am sure it can lead to some cross traffic for you as well. 

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Try using the volume discount on your multi-item listings. I've had some success with it. I've also increased my sales of multiples by offering flat rate shipping on very lightweight items (same rate regardless of the number of items purchased). You could also try bundled listings if you sell products that lend themselves to this approach.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Hey,  I have been wondering about this also.  Get sales but one at a time.  Was wondering also about this.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

First thing I would suggest is to increase your margin. Ebay is a lousy place to sell low margin stuff. I don't list if they will make more on the item than I will!

Message 8 of 8
latest reply