cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to report a seller for using fraudulent tool to remove feedback

An eBay seller is using an external provider  to remove all this negative feedbacks. He has removed over 100 negatives and I have all proof and documentation. Whom do I report this to? Looks like eBay support just doesn't care to even listen.

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: How to report a seller for using fraudulent tool to remove feedback

You do know that negatives rotate out after a year?

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Show us your supposed proof that a program can eliminate a seller's negatives. We may want to use it too if it is true.

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

Yes of course. No these are negatives that are paid to be removed by a contractor who has contacts on the inside. He charges $50 to remove each negative 5min after its posted. I have all proof and the providers contact info but cannot share any of it here on a public forum.

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Oh, one of those things. You have a nice day.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

I understand why ebay customer support doesn't even care to listen.

Smoke From A Distant Fire - Sanford Townsend Band
Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Although they may be underhanded, but it's still uncalled for to call the contractor a tool. Maybe he's actually a nice guy.

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Your FB remains on your record after one year but your feedback rating % is based on the last 365/6 days ( i.e. a rolling  year time period)

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
The Devil made me do it! - Flip Wilson
If the band can only play loud - they ain't no good - peps too J.R. Johnson
Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Wouldn't pay this person a "plug nickle" as  sellers performance status is no longer measured by a sellers  Feedback Rating performance rating.  Those red hickeys will go away  after 365/366  days without  spending one "Yankee Dime"

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
The Devil made me do it! - Flip Wilson
If the band can only play loud - they ain't no good - peps too J.R. Johnson
Message 9 of 14
latest reply

And the point should be made that feedback may not be as valuable as some think. I will share this pic again although it is almost a year old, and the seller still does a brisk business.

heckofagame_0-1689278242509.jpeg

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

@stockjedi wrote:

Yes of course. No these are negatives that are paid to be removed by a contractor who has contacts on the inside. He charges $50 to remove each negative 5min after its posted. I have all proof and the providers contact info but cannot share any of it here on a public forum.

Will you provide the proof to my girlfriend in Canada?  She’s on vacation in Quahog, Maine.  

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

I'm with you: holding on with both hands to my precious supply of plug nickels and tinkers' dams. LOL

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

@stockjedi wrote:

An eBay seller is using an external provider  to remove all this negative feedbacks. He has removed over 100 negatives and I have all proof and documentation. Whom do I report this to? Looks like eBay support just doesn't care to even listen.

@stockjedi 

I'm assuming that you left a negative feedback for a seller and you're upset because the feedback you left was removed. 

Rather than using a program to get feedbacks removed, I'm betting that the feedback comment probably had a disallowed comment so when the seller reported and requested removal, the seller also suggested that ebay look at your history of leaving feedbacks that are less than positive. When ebay sees a pattern, they're more apt to act on the seller's request.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Have you reported this to eBay using Twitter or Facebook as your contact?  

Message 14 of 14
latest reply