cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many items do full time sellers list daily ?

As a full-time seller, I always wondered how many items I list as compared to the other  full-time sellers. I’ll go first I typically list 20- 30  items per day. How about you ?  Please do share ! 😊

Message 1 of 30
latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

I'm full time (sort of), so far in 2023 I have created ZERO new listings!

Most of what I sell are multi quantity repeatables with inventory ranging from 10 to 500.

Back in the days when I mostly sold one of a kind items I always TRIED to create 10 new listings per day.

Message 2 of 30
latest reply

I like to do 50 in a day when I am not busy. My items are low cost compared to your items. But I tend to look carefully over and over before I post the item. I had someone buy 65 items last Saturday so I kinda listed nothing since then. Plus I had other sales that weekend. I was going to post but it seems its high sales and then low sales. The high sales day I usually do nothing the next day. I sell for fun. I don't depend on sales here as a one kid operation.

Message 3 of 30
latest reply

When I was full time I listed 10 items a day.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 4 of 30
latest reply

Part time seller here.

I don't have a daily or weekly number,

but I try to keep my active listings at around 300.

That's about all I can handle on a part time basis and still work my full time job.

If the number falls below 300 then I list more.

With 300 items listed I average about 3-6 sales a day.

I realize it will be different for different people depending on what they are selling.

I hope this information helps.

Good luck!

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 5 of 30
latest reply

Full time but not that much energy. I shoot for about 30 a week unless Ebay makes changes in item specifics. I'm still playing catch up from their last change. 

Message 6 of 30
latest reply

MY biggest struggle is in GETTING inventory.

I won't pay more than what I need to pay to make a living ... so, I pass a lot.

You make your money when you buy, and I just won't spend too much.

So, when I get it - I list it.

But, it may be six months before I get a 'batch' of 500 listings.

Message 7 of 30
latest reply

Can u sell salami greens

Message 8 of 30
latest reply

About 20 GTC MV listings renewing each day with an average of maybe 20 variations a listing.

I used to throw in about 100 or so auctions a month just to move some old stuff. Should probably do that again.

Message 9 of 30
latest reply

My business is quite different from yours. I sell postal history and my items sell for $1.29 to $50.  I am basing my business on selling multiple items per sale in a low fraud area. 

When I started I researched the top sellers in my category and came to the conclusion that high sales was related to number of followers in a collectibles market.

The top sellers have 2000-5000 followers. That’s making your own thunder!  After 2 years I have about 160 followers and am noticing the change. Right now 2/3 of my weekend sales are to repeat customers!

I currently have just under 4500 listings with 500 being auctions.  I try to list 50 a day. I also have 500 listings with multiple items.  I also do “Sell Similar” to 100 of my oldest listings a day.   I keep 400 or more expired auctions in my Unsold folder. I release 25 of these as Sell Similar every Friday and Saturday night.

I also use the Send Offer daily. I don’t use it in quick sale items, and I usually let them sit a day or two to let that person buy it at full price. On day three I figure they’ve forgotten and a small discount gets the item in front of them again.

In short these are the things I’ve discovered to keep my inventory fresh and in view!

Sending America's collectibles where they belong, one auction at a time!

Message 10 of 30
latest reply

What are multi item repeatable? Can you give an example? Where do you get them? 

Message 11 of 30
latest reply

Back in the day, had four sellers here, each had their own user ID.  We listed full time.
After pulling items for shipment in the morning, we took pics, and typed listings with descriptions.
Each of us averaged 300 listings per week.  (might take pics all day one day, then type all day the next).
    As of now, probably 50 per week.
And that considers we have learned how to cheat a little bit and re-use some pics and descriptions.
The main issues are:
Takes too long to research prices with the search results jacked up like they are.
Takes too long to work your way through a listing with all the item specifics. Things nobody would know, wouldn't care, and Four places for part number? 
There's a category for EVERYTHING it seems with many overlapping. Takes awhile on some items to figure out the best category.
Compatibilities?  Just ignore that, I don't have ALL day.....
Where two photo's and a description would do.  Now it's 4 to 10 pics and a description, and a copy that description and paste it in Condition.
Too much redundancy.
Listing used to be fun.  Kinda sucks now

Message 12 of 30
latest reply

@sheriiparrett4beaconofhopetcm 
  I assume what that means is. 
You have 20 identical items, more than likely new items.
You create a listing and after selling all of them, you buy 20 more and just go back and re-submit the listing (or something along those lines).
Takes normal time to make the listing initially.
Takes a minute to do it again.

I do something like that on certain used items.  Things where, if you've seen one, you've seen em all.  Not many used items fall into that category though.
I can also type a listing and then duplicate it, and just change things for the new item. Helps to speed up the process a little bit.   

Message 13 of 30
latest reply

@turtles-trading-post wrote:

My business is quite different from yours. I sell postal history and my items sell for $1.29 to $50.  I am basing my business on selling multiple items per sale in a low fraud area. 

When I started I researched the top sellers in my category and came to the conclusion that high sales was related to number of followers in a collectibles market.

The top sellers have 2000-5000 followers. That’s making your own thunder!  After 2 years I have about 160 followers and am noticing the change. Right now 2/3 of my weekend sales are to repeat customers!

I currently have just under 4500 listings with 500 being auctions.  I try to list 50 a day. I also have 500 listings with multiple items.  I also do “Sell Similar” to 100 of my oldest listings a day.   I keep 400 or more expired auctions in my Unsold folder. I release 25 of these as Sell Similar every Friday and Saturday night.

I also use the Send Offer daily. I don’t use it in quick sale items, and I usually let them sit a day or two to let that person buy it at full price. On day three I figure they’ve forgotten and a small discount gets the item in front of them again.

In short these are the things I’ve discovered to keep my inventory fresh and in view!

It's funny that we all find our own path.

I have similar inventory in that I too look for : low acquisition cost, light and cheap to ship, low sales price of $10 to $30.

I just went over 1000 listings (a little down right now, I have 200 'saved' in unsold to do the same thing you do with the sell similar maneuver). 

I have a hundred or so followers, mostly auto repair shops, body shops, car clubs ... I take real good care of them.   They are gold. 

I added another line (key fobs) about six months ago and it has helped a lot getting my Avg Sale numbers up.

Message 14 of 30
latest reply

@sheriiparrett4beaconofhopetcm ,

Not saying this is what Slippinjimmy is selling. But here are some examples. Used or new books, coins, stamps, DVD's, CD's, and etc.

All of which you can usually find multiples of and find more if you sell out. You don't have recreate the listing when you sell if find more of the exact same item. 

Where do find such items. Garage sales, yard sales, rummage sales, close out auctions, liquidation auctions, facebook market place, thrift stores, authorized wholesalers, clearance sales, dollar stores, and etc. 

Message 15 of 30
latest reply