cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What if buyer contacts his bank to cancel a payment after the item is shipped to them international?

what if a buyer is buying as a guest and purchased an item then he waited until the item is shipped internationally then he calls his bank to object on this transaction will he still be able to get the item or how can eBay handle it with shipping service?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

What if buyer contacts his bank to cancel a payment after the item is shipped to them international?

You're asking can we stop can items moving through Ebay's international service before delivery? 

Are you shipping to the registered Ebay address?  

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

@dakbat-61 

Did you ship it eBay EIS? You should be covered, however not really sure about the bank cancellation.  Hopefully others will chime in & help.  Sorry for your situation. 

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

yes to international buyer

what do you mean by registered eBay address?

if you mean the address that appears when buyer buys from you then yes 

but my buyer has no feedback looks like he checked out as a guest

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

If you shipped using eBay’s international shipping service, eBay will handle any transaction issues. See link below that outlines the policy.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/shipping-items/setting-shipping-options/ebay-international-shippin...

By any chance, did the buyer reach out to you first to cancel the sale?  What reason did the buyer give for opening the chargeback?

Below is a link to eBay Help pages outlining how payment disputes are handled when an international buyer seeks out his/her financial institution. You will find some direction there for next steps.

Good luck and hope this gets resolved to your benefit. 

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/getting-paid/handling-payment-disputes?id=4799#:~:text=The%20payme....

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@dakbat-61 

This happened to me.

I used EIS and after about 3 weeks I received an email from eBay saying that the buyer had filed a chargeback with their bank.  The email didn’t say why the chargeback was filed, and  I had had no communication from the buyer.

EBay’s email said I didn’t need to do anything and my payment wasn’t put on hold, so I just forgot about it.

A month later I received another email saying that the buyer’s bank had allowed the chargeback and eBay had taken care of it.   Good.  No loss or hassle for me.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Not enough information to answer your question since this is not your selling account no way to tell if you are using EIS, if you shipped direct or if the item when through a freight forwarder. Others have already covered how EIS works if you shipped direct or the item went through a FF then the situation is different. 

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

@dakbat-61 wrote:

what if a buyer is buying as a guest and purchased an item then he waited until the item is shipped internationally then he calls his bank to object on this transaction will he still be able to get the item or how can eBay handle it with shipping service?

Minor point: If the buyer loses the payment dispute with his bank, then the buyer is still entitled to the item.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

@dakbat-61 wrote:

Is this an item you shipped personally?

Or is this an item you bought from another seller and had them ship to your buyer?

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 9 of 9
latest reply