cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you file a formal complaint against ebay?

I would like to know how to file a formal complaint against ebay. I received an email stating that they "automatically" enrolled me in their International shipping. Ebay should not be allowed to make changes to our ebay accounts without our approval. I did not agree to those changes and I do not want those changes. I opted out of the changes, but it states that any active listings will still be available to their International shipping. How can ebay legally make changes to our ebay accounts? I have issues with people from other Countries bidding on my items and because they plug in a US address, they are allowed to bid, why is that? Any bidders that the location is in another should not be allowed to bid, even if they put in a US shipping address. The last two items that I've sold have been to other people in other Countries, but they plug in a US shipping address. I ONLY want to ship to people that live in the US, just my own personal preference. I have it set up to not ship to other Countries, yet here is ebay changing my settings to enroll me in their International shipping and bidders from other Countries are allowed to bid on my items because they plug in a US address. Any suggestions on how to file a formal complaint? Do I just go file it with the BBB? 

Message 1 of 34
latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Re: How do you file a formal complaint against ebay?

e-Bay enrolled me in the program very soon after it began. I sold an item for $50, but received an INAD. The matter was resolved without me being involved and I kept my $50. So far, so good.

Message 31 of 34
latest reply

That’s the way it is supposed to work 

Message 32 of 34
latest reply

I got the same email and checked my account settings to see if anything changed. Nothing changed, all the places I don't want to ship to are still checked off. 

Message 33 of 34
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 34 of 34
latest reply