cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I turn off the new quick listing format?

This is driving me nuts.  I can't seem to prevent it from using best offer, and I'm not sure how to edit the length of a buy it now listing.  I sent ebay a note on Facebook to ask about it, but so far no response.  Anybody know what I can do to get rid of "quick listing?"  Feels like they're trying to force me to take less on my items, and my business model is already to offer the best possible price.  If I take less, I won't make money, and I don't want to waste potential buyers time by making them think I am willing to entertain lower offers.  Please help.

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: How do I turn off the new quick listing format?

@copper.boom wrote:

Breadcrumbs for the OP @lokiwinchester

As Emerald noted above, there is a link to switch to the Advanced tool on the top right of the Quick listing page.

@copper.boom

@emerald40

Alas, that was true of the older version of the Quick form.  Now, there's a link for "Advanced tool" in the upper-right corner of the previous page, which has a place for the seller to enter some keywords. But if you enter the keywords you are taken to the new streamlined version of the Quick listing form, which doesn't have that link at the top.

Screen Shot 2017-07-04 at 6.34.04 PM.png

The link for "Change listing preferences" brings up a window where you can adjust handling time etc.  If you have already started a listing using the new Quick form,  here's the escape route: click on "Save and exit" at the bottom of your draft listing. In the upper-right corner of the next screen there's a link for the Advanced version of the listing form. After you click on that, you can re-open your draft and it will have the regular options including "Best offer" and the full list of options for Duration.

Screen Shot 2017-07-04 at 6.41.15 PM.png

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

When you click on the Sell option, you can then click "Switch to Advanced Tool" link in the upper right hand corner of the page to get back to the regular Sell Your Item Form.

From another post with the same question.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

As Emerald noted above, there is a link to switch to the Advanced tool on the top right of the Quick listing page.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

@copper.boom wrote:

@copper.boom

@emerald40

Alas, that was true of the older version of the Quick form.  Now, there's a link for "Advanced tool" in the upper-right corner of the previous page, which has a place for the seller to enter some keywords. But if you enter the keywords you are taken to the new streamlined version of the Quick listing form, which doesn't have that link at the top.

Screen Shot 2017-07-04 at 6.34.04 PM.png

The link for "Change listing preferences" brings up a window where you can adjust handling time etc.  If you have already started a listing using the new Quick form,  here's the escape route: click on "Save and exit" at the bottom of your draft listing. In the upper-right corner of the next screen there's a link for the Advanced version of the listing form. After you click on that, you can re-open your draft and it will have the regular options including "Best offer" and the full list of options for Duration.

Screen Shot 2017-07-04 at 6.41.15 PM.png

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

@partial*eclipse That's the advice I typically give. My standard copy/paste text is below. However I switched to the new quick tool a few days ago from the advanced form (it was definitely the new tool) and it did have a link to switch back to the advanced form on the upper right of the page. I will go and look again, but it was definitely there last week.

You may have been switched to the New Quick Listing tool.

You can switch to the advanced tool by clicking on 'save and exit’ at the bottom of the quick listing tool and then you will see 'advanced form' on the top right of the new page. 

From the advanced tool you can adjust duration, best offer, and plenty of other options not available with the new quick tool.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

The screen shot in my post was taken just a few minutes ago.  I wouldn't be surprised if eBay has different versions of the new Quick tool.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

I am not seeing this "advanced" option at the top of my page when I click on Sell. Any advice?
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

I'm not finding that to be the case.  On the top right of the quick listing page, there is a button that says "change listing preferences."  It does not offer to let me switch to the advanced listing editor.  Here is what I see when I click that button.  

Listing preferences

Accept returns
Buyers can return their item within 14 days for their money back and they pay for shipping. 
Item location (5-digit ZIP code)
Apply recommendations
Your listings will have the recommendation applied, when available. Don't worry, you can always choose to make changes within each listing.
eBay Price Recommendations

eBay Shipping Recommendations
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

You are the savior of my bacon.  Many thanks.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

It is now hiding as a business tool and even recommends you only use it if selling a lot of items, very unfair on new sellers!

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began, we have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread Here.

Thanks.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply