cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I cancel a transaction?

How do I cancel a transaction without getting a defect,  a feedback; and having the final value fees back?

No payment was made yet.

We have mutually agreed to cancel.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: How do I cancel a transaction?

You need to choose a reason that indicates the cancellation is 'at the request of the buyer'. 

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Do I go through the resolution center?
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Yes.

"Those who enter the arena unarmed or unprepared are quickly dispatched."
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Here's a brief background of this cancellation issue.

I have a newbie buyer for a designer jacket and skirt. They were listed separate as although they were from the same designer and same pattern, they were of different sizes hence listed as such.

As a newbie, I believe they have restrictions on buying and therefore requested me to relist when not sold on BIN (Buy it Now) which I did.

The listing was on for a few days and in short another buyer bought the jacket first. The first bidder did bid on the skirt and won it thinking that I could relist the jacket for her. I explained that I have to sell the jacket to the winning bidder.

The first bidder wanted both the jacket and the skirt.

I've just been reading issues on cancellations and noticed that the winning bidder could leave me a negative feedback. By cancelling, I may also get a defect. Not sure if these are true or not.

The bidder hasn't paid for the skirt yet.
What's the best way to proceed?

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

You are correct.  If a buyer bids on your listings, the winning bidder is the one you need to ship the product to after payment has been received.  No matter how badly someone else wants it.  You are under contract with that bidder.

Now as to your bidder that has not made payment.  The cancellation process is NOT the correct process to go through.  You should be filing a UID = Unpaid Item Dispute.

A UID can be opened as soon as 48 hours after purchase.  Then the buyer has 96 hours after you file the UID to pay for the item.  Make a note of the date and time you open the UID.  If no payment arrives you can close the UID 96 hours and about one minute after you opened it for non payment.  Once closed for non payment your feedback is completely protected by Ebay.  The buyer won't be allowed to leave FB.

You can do this through the resolution center as well.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

You and the buyer want to cancel the transaction for the skirt because the jacket was purchased by someone else....is that correct?   If so, I wouldn't open an unpaid item as another poster suggested since this is truly a buyer requested cancellation.  If you go to your sold history, there is a drop down arrow that should have the 'cancel transaction' option. Click on that..choose buyer requested the cancellation.  You would get your fvf back and there would be no defect. 

I'm assuming that the person who purchased the jacket has already paid but if they haven't, you can file an unpaid item claim 48 hours after the purchase and then close it 96 hours later if they still haven't paid. 

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Yes, that's right.  The jacket was bought by another buyer, paid for, and item already shipped.

I would prefer to go through the route you've suggested considering the circumstances.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

-------------
Posting ID
Message 10 of 10
latest reply