cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I add "signature required" on my shipment?

Ebay strongly suggests "signature required" for items over a certain amount and for protection in case of fraud. I have searched everywhere on E Bay but cannot find where to add signature required with my Fed EX shipment. I would think there would be a spot on the invoice I am sending to my buyer.  Any help will be much appreciated.

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: How do I add "signature required" on my shipment?

It's an option on the label preparation form.  You cannot bill the buyer separately for it; if you want the buyer to pay for any aspect of shipping (signature, insurance, etc.), it has to be included in the "Shipping and handling" cost that is shown in the listing.

eBay doesn't just "strongly suggest" Signature Confirmation. For transactions over $750, it is a requirement for protection against a fake "Item not received" claim.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

It's an option on the label preparation form.  You cannot bill the buyer separately for it; if you want the buyer to pay for any aspect of shipping (signature, insurance, etc.), it has to be included in the "Shipping and handling" cost that is shown in the listing.

eBay doesn't just "strongly suggest" Signature Confirmation. For transactions over $750, it is a requirement for protection against a fake "Item not received" claim.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question. Your solution is so simple, yet it cannot be easily found on E Bay.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

You only need signatures required on things over 750. It hurts you if you get it for items less than 750 because buyer might not be home to sign it.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Sadly, it took one buyer who lives in a gated community to alleged he didn’t get it (on a $300 item) and usps to say it was delivered for me to switch over to signature for anything over $200

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

In the Description, I highlight the signature requirement and ask the Buyer to make sure their address on file is somewhere someone will be present to sign for delivery.

I have done this for sales both more and less than $750, and it's worked out fine.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

This is an ancient thread, which will be closed soon, but there is no advantage on an eBay transaction to adding signature required for anything under $750, as it does not provide you any more or less protection than standard delivery confirmation on an INR case.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

@xiendie-43 wrote:

Sadly, it took one buyer who lives in a gated community to alleged he didn’t get it (on a $300 item) and usps to say it was delivered for me to switch over to signature for anything over $200

@xiendie-43 : If USPS says it was delivered (via the free Delivery Confirmation tracking), then it's delivered. Did you lose the Item Not Received claim somehow?

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

No I issued the refund without thinking. Like I said rookie error

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

So yeah… feel free to tell me what I should have done and laugh at my inexperience. Most people do

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply