cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does negative feedback go away after 1 year?

Almost a year ago I had one of the most terrible buyers I could possibly ever come across and left 18 negative comments from a 22-item order that they bought. During that time there were so many shipping delays, due to ports being overrun with containers, no truck drivers, ships sitting out near the ports cause nowhere to dock, etc. I did all I could to accommodate this buyer, gave a refund before we could find the package, and going to the post office 4x's trying to figure out why it was late arriving but continued to defame me and my store. I know it has killed my sales since then because buyers see 18 negative comments within the past year and probably assume it is from 18 different buyers. Now I see this buyers account has been deleted. Most likely did the same thing with other sellers and eBay terminated the account. 

Just wondering to the ones who has sold for years and if you ever had a negative comment and was it removed after a year. I just now got my TRS status back and it has helped my sales the past few weeks, but those 18 negatives are still haunting me. 

I would appreciate any information you have on this issue.

Thank you!

Message 1 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

They will never disappear........but will drop off what shows on the feedback page after a year.......

Message 2 of 27
latest reply

Terrible buyer indeed, anybody reading those comments and your responses can see exactly what happened.After a year, the 18 negatives will fall off your fb page, but the comments will remain,but move further to the back, the more you sell. I wouldnt worry about it, try to move on, I wouldnt hesitate to buy from you. 

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 3 of 27
latest reply

The 18 negs will affect your feedback percentage and will be counted that box at the top of your feedback page for 12 months.  

After that, they will still be in your feedback history forever, but will only be seen by users who dig waaaay down into your feedback history.

Message 4 of 27
latest reply

I agree with what the others stated. I see that the buyer is no longer on ebay. Frankly, hopefully they aren't roaming the planet and doing this to another seller. Anyway, these will fall off .  If you have some time,  see if you can contact Ebay and plea with them to remove them. It's been a year but maybe, you can plea with them and state this is obviously a bad buyer and you think that this still might impact your sales and if you get less sales, Ebay gets less commissions.   Hey , it's worth a shot.

Anyway,  I would not hessitate buying from you if I saw those18 negs.  I can clearly see that was a bad , heartless buyer.

Message 5 of 27
latest reply

Were all the items in one package?  I could be wrong about this but I seem to recall seeing something about buyers not being able to neg you for mulitple items if they were shipped together and their whole beef was about shipping time.   I don't mean the system would prevent them leaving more than one neg, but you could get all but one removed.  Also since the buyer's account has been closed, quite possibly because of bad behavior, you MIGHT be able to get some/all of those negs removed, even with as long as it's been.   If nothing else it wouldn't hurt a thing to try.  But I would strongly recommend trying on Ebay For Business on Facebook or Twitter, rather than trying to get a regular phone/chat agent to do it. 

Message 6 of 27
latest reply

Just when I think I have seen it all in my 22 years selling on ebay, this post pops up.  The person who gave you all those negatives is a very disturbed person. It may well be worth it to try to contact ebay and see if you can get the negs removed.  This should not be allowed to happen. Best of Luck.

Message 7 of 27
latest reply

How can an unregistered eBay user leave any feedback? I am rather surprised that this person is even allowed to leave feedback. What's up with that?

Message 8 of 27
latest reply

Their account was closed sometime AFTER these transactions and leaving those negs.  The op said that it was almost a year ago.  Sometime after that the buyer lost their account (or maybe closed it themselves, but something tells me they got the boot). 

Message 9 of 27
latest reply

Yes, they were all in one nice size box 20x20x20 weighed 40 lbs! I had to get help to get it inside the post office. It was the only time and the last time I ever let 1 buyer buy multiple items. I was still a rookie and didn’t know any better. Lesson learned! I will sell multiple items but my limit is 3 items now. 

Thank you for the advice I will try pleading with eBay and see what happens. 😊

Message 10 of 27
latest reply

Thank you so much for your advice and reply. It was nice to hear. 😄

Message 11 of 27
latest reply

Thank you so much for your nice reply! Makes me feel better hear that! 😄

Message 12 of 27
latest reply

Thank you! 😄

Message 13 of 27
latest reply

Thank you! I will try and contact to see what happens. 😊

Message 14 of 27
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@davenportpm1 

I didn't read all of the posts but looking at your feedback, it appears the negs will drop off soon. I had to dig to find them to be honest, which is a good thing.

Keep your head up and keep selling like a champ!

Message 15 of 27
latest reply