cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How did seller get feedback removed?

So this question is to understand how a seller got feedback removed when I made a purchase as a buyer, since I'm not aware of what "method" they used to justify getting the feedback removed.

A seller offered a given fabric per foot, in various colors with returns accepted. I ordered one color and found out that their poorly lighted (on a dim table with no quality lighting) and differently white balanced listing images did not properly reflect the item's color. Various pictures of the same item in the listing didn't even look the same color. And I use a professionaly color calibrated graphic monitor (for photography) so the problem wasn't on my end.

Granted, I understand this can happen so I contacted the seller asking if a small sample could be received of 2 or 3 colors to avoid having to order the whole quantity I needed of each color. If they sent the samples, I'd simply keep the item I couldn't make use of, and buy the one I need in the quantity I needed. They never responded. I wrote again. They didn't respond.

So I ordered a second color. It was also substantially different. I ordered the third color and that one turned out good for my use. Since I was being ignored, I opened a legitimate return request for the colors I wasn't able to use. I opened it as "Not needed" even though a "Not as described" case would have been accepted (in Ebay's eyes) because I know it sucks to received them. The shipping fees were also inflated on this item, so I know I was sacrificing getting them refunded by being polite to the seller, despite having an arguable case.

And then the seller immediately contacted me. I asked them why they were writing now, and not to my previous messages, and they openly admitted they were ignoring them. I told them it was fine and perfectly reasonable to not send samples, but just let the buyer know, don't ignore them as that is horrible customer attention. That bothered me, and when I let them know they told me it wasn't their responsibility to post better pictures, it was mine to better investigate the  product codes on the internet (for a generic product in which codes mean little). That bothered me even more.

So I left one negative feedback stating it was for openly admitting to ignoring my messages, one neutral feedback stating that better listing images should be used, and one positive feedback just to balance out a bit since the third order went okay. I just checked and the Negative and Neutral feedbacks were removed, despite being legitimate, for different causes and different orders. What arguments could the seller use to justify that and report them? Just to know if as a seller I can apply them too if it ever happens to me.

Message 1 of 93
latest reply
92 REPLIES 92

Re: How did seller get feedback removed?

Glad someone else sees it that way I am.   Like I say I wouldn't have left a neg but I don't see anything else wrong with what the op did. 

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 76 of 93
latest reply

What I see in terms of feedback left.........Oh boy !!!

Message 77 of 93
latest reply

Accept for leaving a negative feedback because the buyer did not get something for nothing.
Message 78 of 93
latest reply

It's the reason for return that matters for a seller who offers returns. if the buyer didn't like the shade variances of the fabric, that is not the seller's fault. If the buyer misused the returns by saying it was not as described, that was wrong. The buyer KNEW there would be a possibility of shading difference, but bought it anyway and her reason for return should have been "changed my mind", and she should have had to pay the return AND a restocking fee. The seller is NOT here to entertain her whims!
Message 79 of 93
latest reply

@plumbingspecials wrote:
It's the reason for return that matters for a seller who offers returns. if the buyer didn't like the shade variances of the fabric, that is not the seller's fault. If the buyer misused the returns by saying it was not as described, that was wrong. The buyer KNEW there would be a possibility of shading difference, but bought it anyway and her reason for return should have been "changed my mind", and she should have had to pay the return AND a restocking fee. The seller is NOT here to entertain her whims!

My understanding is that's exactly what the op did.  They opened A return for a remorse reason and paid return shipping.   Restocking fee would depend on if the seller had one set up   If the seller didnt have one set up the buyer shouldn't have to pay one if the seller did the buyer should pay one 

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 80 of 93
latest reply

ebay appear to be removing a lot of negs lately that don't actually qualify for removal. 

There was a time when a seller had to fight tooth and nail to get a neg removed.

ebay are probably removing negs to make the site look good in an attempt not to scare off buyers.

ebay want buyers to bid and buy with confidence, so they are getting rid of some negs.

imo.

Message 81 of 93
latest reply

@gsf_tech wrote:

I need to remember more often how canabilistic other sellers are on this forum. 

Smiley Very Happy

Hilarious. That will probably be the funniest line I read this week.

Message 82 of 93
latest reply

Possible reasons for block:

Unrealistic expectations

Complaints on pictures, other

High percentage of negative feedback left

Feedback abuse and violations

Multiple Bid retractions

Block may or may not have had to do with communication as well.

Message 83 of 93
latest reply

I left feedback with one negative comment about poor seller communication.  Somehow seller got feedback removed with no notice or explanation to me at all. I cancelled my account of more than 10 years. Why would I want to be part of a community where my opinion doesn't count.

Message 84 of 93
latest reply

@plumbingspecials wrote:
The buyer did pay for the original and the return shipping...Did You read her original post?Smiley Wink  Sugar

Message 85 of 93
latest reply

@revdhdaddy wrote:

I left feedback with one negative comment about poor seller communication.  Somehow seller got feedback removed with no notice or explanation to me at all. I cancelled my account of more than 10 years. Why would I want to be part of a community where my opinion doesn't count.

I guess for the same reason you came back?  Because eBay can be AWESOME?!!  🙂

As for the neg your seller got removed .... is there more to the story?   Did you mention a case or anything else?  

Message 86 of 93
latest reply

@rainbowcolorz wrote:

@revdhdaddy wrote:

Actually he's NARU'd, according to his feedback page.

Message 87 of 93
latest reply

@a_c_green wrote:

@rainbowcolorz wrote:

@revdhdaddy wrote:

Actually he's NARU'd, according to his feedback page.

@a_c_green ---   He, meaning he person to whom I responded?   I just checked and he's still got fb showing.  

Message 88 of 93
latest reply

@rainbowcolorz wrote:
He, meaning the person to whom I responded? 

Right. 

@rainbowcolorz wrote:
I just checked and he's still got fb showing.  

Yes, that doesn't go away. eBay just places "Not a registered user" next to their ID near the top of the page.

Message 89 of 93
latest reply

@a_c_green wrote:

@rainbowcolorz wrote:
He, meaning the person to whom I responded? 

Right. 

@rainbowcolorz wrote:
I just checked and he's still got fb showing.  

Yes, that doesn't go away. eBay just places "Not a registered user" next to their ID near the top of the page.

@a_c_green,  So now I'm really confused.  lol.   I just checked and don't see "Not a registered user" after the person's ID.   

Message 90 of 93
latest reply