cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Can you Call Ebay

I haven't sold in a while but have good feedback from when I did.  I've sold something, has been received and received great feedback from the buyer.  But they are still holding my payment, can reach ebay by phone - what can I do to get my monies released?

Message 1 of 30
latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Re: How Can you Call Ebay

@espresso_warehouse wrote:

@mam98031 wrote:

@pburn wrote:

@downunder-61 wrote:

From what I coud find here:

(800) 456-3229   Used to be the managed payments number – no longer in use since 2020

(866) 961-9253  Unless it is reporting illegal activity/ fraud on your account they hang up on you

(866) 348-9519  Was a number listed in 2016 – no longer reachable

(866) 643-1607  Was a number listed in 2016 – no longer reachable

eBay Customer Service has disabled their inbound telephone lines

I'd say someone owes someone else an apology for being so righteously indignant about correct information and then posting misinformation themselves! 🤣

While I agree with you, they never do that on any thread I've ever seen them on.

Your first post was the correct answer to @neneland2012 , the OP's issue because of infrequent selling needs.

Ebay has had a rule for many years that pertains to New Seller and sellers that have been away from selling for 90+ days. The following is the policy that outlines why you money is likely on hold.

https://export.ebay.com/en/fees-and-payments/payments/payment-holds/

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/getting-paid/getting-paid-items-youve-sold/payments-hold?id=4816&&...

Also I would CAUTION anyone from doing internet searches to gain a phone number to Ebay customer service.  The woods are FULL of FAKE Ebay help numbers.  So use them at your own risk, they are likely going to pirate your personal information and then you have far more problems than you started with.

All you have to do is call these numbers to see if they work or not...

You will have to show me where I said that.  I know you like to correct me, but I don't see where I said a word about that.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 16 of 30
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

@mam98031 wrote:

@pburn wrote:

@downunder-61 wrote:

From what I coud find here:

(800) 456-3229   Used to be the managed payments number – no longer in use since 2020

(866) 961-9253  Unless it is reporting illegal activity/ fraud on your account they hang up on you

(866) 348-9519  Was a number listed in 2016 – no longer reachable

(866) 643-1607  Was a number listed in 2016 – no longer reachable

eBay Customer Service has disabled their inbound telephone lines

I'd say someone owes someone else an apology for being so righteously indignant about correct information and then posting misinformation themselves! 🤣

While I agree with you, they never do that on any thread I've ever seen them on.

Your first post was the correct answer to @neneland2012 , the OP's issue because of infrequent selling needs.

Ebay has had a rule for many years that pertains to New Seller and sellers that have been away from selling for 90+ days. The following is the policy that outlines why you money is likely on hold.

https://export.ebay.com/en/fees-and-payments/payments/payment-holds/

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/getting-paid/getting-paid-items-youve-sold/payments-hold?id=4816&&...

Also I would CAUTION anyone from doing internet searches to gain a phone number to Ebay customer service.  The woods are FULL of FAKE Ebay help numbers.  So use them at your own risk, they are likely going to pirate your personal information and then you have far more problems than you started with.

All you have to do is call these numbers to see if they work or not...

You will have to show me where I said that.  I know you like to correct me, but I don't see where I said a word about that.

The buyer from Australia made a number of claims about the numbers which can be tested simply by calling the numbers.

Message 17 of 30
latest reply

@espresso_warehouse 

They have a name.  You don't refer to other posters by where they are from, why do it to them?  You seem to want to make it imply they shouldn't be here or something.  Oh no wait, you actually said that on a post on another thread.  They have just as much right to be here as you do.  And their name is @downunder-61 which is how you should refer to them.  Anything other than that is rude and uncalled for.

Yes they made the comment, not me.  So don't call me out for something I did not say.  You do that way too often and it is tiring.

Message 18 of 30
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

@espresso_warehouse 

They have a name.  You don't refer to other posters by where they are from, why do it to them?  You seem to want to make it imply they shouldn't be here or something.  Oh no wait, you actually said that on a post on another thread.  They have just as much right to be here as you do.  And their name is @downunder-61 which is how you should refer to them.  Anything other than that is rude and uncalled for.

Yes they made the comment, not me.  So don't call me out for something I did not say.  You do that way too often and it is tiring.

Why is it so hard just to stand for accuracy around here? The OP asked about how to call.

With the exception of Saul Goodman, the cabal of buyers who are claiming to be hiding their seller IDs posted bad information. The personal attacks and demands being put on me are not warranted.

Message 19 of 30
latest reply

You talk like you never made a mistake. 

For someone that by your own admission only comes to the threads every now and again, you act as if you know everyone.  You don't.

There is NOTHING wrong with posting with a posting ID.  There are very good reasons for doing that and it is a personal decision that each poster has every right to make for themselves.  It is a mistake to assume they aren't someone that is a seasoned member with lots of knowledge.

As I've said before, we can all learn from members of all kinds.  

FYI while a few buyers do come here most are sellers.

" The personal attacks and demands being put on me are not warranted."  Why?  You dish it out a lot too.  Or does that apply to everyone but you?

Message 20 of 30
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

For someone that by your own admission only comes to the threads every now and again, you act as if you know everyone.  You don't.

There is NOTHING wrong with posting with a posting ID.  There are very good reasons for doing that and it is a personal decision that each poster has every right to make for themselves.  It is a mistake to assume they aren't someone that is a seasoned member with lots of knowledge.

" The personal attacks and demands being put on me are not warranted."  Why?  You dish it out a lot too.  Or does that apply to everyone but you?

I've made mistakes and had the humility and intelligence just to admit it. I've also done what most do here, and wasted a bunch of time pretending. It happens. People should be more open to being wrong.

I get why it's happening but myself I just want people to have the right information. That includes me.

The 'posting ID' thing is cultivating a cabal of dubious accounts which are here to build virtual personalities. While I can accept there are one or two legit posters among them for the most part people should know it's a myth.

It would be one thing if they were actually helpful to sellers but they mostly are here to support the buy side, if even that.

Message 21 of 30
latest reply

Double check in the payment portal (in the on hold link) to see when the payout will be released for your transaction. If there isn't an approximate funds release data there, then on that same page, there is a seller's help link towards the upper right corner of the page. Click away until you reach the contact ebay option.

Good luck!

Message 22 of 30
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

I've made mistakes and had the humility and intelligence just to admit it. I've also done what most do here, and wasted a bunch of time pretending. It happens. People should be more open to being wrong.

I get why it's happening but myself I just want people to have the right information. That includes me.

The 'posting ID' thing is cultivating a cabal of dubious accounts which are here to build virtual personalities. While I can accept there are one or two legit posters among them for the most part people should know it's a myth.

It would be one thing if they were actually helpful to sellers but they mostly are here to support the buy side, if even that.

Feel free to point me to one of those posts.  Any thread will do.  Just one will do.  There certainly hasn't been one on any thread I've been on with you, but of course it may have happened on some other thread.  I'm open to that.

Posting IDs have been around every since the Community has been here.  There is NO "cabal of dubious accounts", they are just regular members that choose not to expose their money maker.  You are assuming there is an issue where none exists.

NOPE most are active sellers that have great knowledge to share.  Because you don't agree with them doesn't mean they are wrong, it ONLY means you don't agree with them, nothing more.  Again, on any thread I've been participating on that you are on as well, I've seen no one, no matter their ID, advocate for the buying side unless it was warranted.  I even advocate for buyers when I feel the conversation warrants is as does many posters.

Message 23 of 30
latest reply

Your info is incorrect, while you list numbers as unreachable, they/some are actually reachable. Please be sure your info is correct before posting answers!

Please keep in mind that these "Toll-Free" numbers such as 800, or 866 are usually only valid in the USA, and may not work with some phone carriers.

Message 24 of 30
latest reply

Thank you, those numbers do work. I just checked. In fact the 3229 and 1607 are customer service, and 9253 and 9519 are only for fraud reporting.

Message 25 of 30
latest reply

@tekkwhiz 

You are responding to OLD posts.  Just in case you didn't realize it.  And if you decide to go search on the internet for contact info, be VERY careful because some of those site look might real but they aren't.  Below is the list of actual Ebay customer service.

Here are your options for contacting Ebay Customer Service.

https://twitter.com/askebay?lang=en

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness/

If when you use the link below you can only get to the Automated Assistant, type AGENT in the box and hit enter. You will then get more options.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/How-do-I-contact-Customer-Support/m-p/32016431#M1783851

For the Payment Team

Message 26 of 30
latest reply

It happened to me yesterday. I wanted to check on an item and was connected with a scammer. They stole $240 out of my bank account so my bank shut down my account and to never use my card online again.  

Message 27 of 30
latest reply

@barkorn99761v wrote:

It happened to me yesterday. I wanted to check on an item and was connected with a scammer. They stole $240 out of my bank account so my bank shut down my account and to never use my card online again.  

@barkorn99761v 

If you used this OLD contact info from a couple of years ago or more, that may be part of your problem.

This is an OLD thread and it will get closed soon.  I would encourage you to start a thread and detail your problem so we can try to help you.

Message 28 of 30
latest reply

I would suggest that you contact Ebay for Business on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter for the better trained CSRs.

Here are your options for contacting Ebay Customer Service.  Please be aware that for social media CS, you send them a Private Message and briefly explain what your problem or issue is.  Feel free to leave your Name, address, phone number and/or your email address in this message.  It is private and secure and it may help to speed up the response for you.

https://twitter.com/askebay

https://www.facebook.com/eBay/

https://www.instagram.com/ebayforsellers/

Your options will be on the left.  If you use the link below you can only get to the Automated Assistant or Chat box type AGENT in the box and hit enter. You will then get more options.  Not all options are available 24/7.  It will depend on staffing available.  So sometimes you can request a call back and sometimes you can't.  Sometimes you have the Chat option available and other times it won't me.  If it is important to you to use one of those options, just try back later.

If you use a cell phone or other mobile device, you may need to turn off your Spam filter so that Ebay can call you.

If you are a seller outside of the US or Canada, you will need to use the Chat Option.

https://www.ebay.com/help/home

Message 29 of 30
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 30 of 30
latest reply