cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hmmm. . . What to do? Should I ask my buyer or not?

Well this is interesting. Just got a positive feedback from a buyer. She bought a scan of yarn.  In the feedback she mentions "even a little gift inside".  Folks, I have no idea what she is talking about. 

I have from time to time added a little gift, but not in quite a while. Nothing was added in this package. So, I have no idea what she is talking about and I am not wanting to ask her. No telling what it is. LOL. 

Yes. I'm curious. I checked all the other shipments for that day to make sure everything was sent, had its tracking, etc. I was afraid maybe a piece of jewelry somehow got into the package.  All the shipments have been received and no one said anything about an empty package. I think they're all fine.

So, I wonder what was on my work table that could have gotten into her yarn.  I have no idea.

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: Hmmm. . . What to do? Should I ask my buyer or not?

MAYBE WAS A BUG IN IT???  

Message 2 of 23
latest reply

@bill.purvis2012 wrote:

Well this is interesting. Just got a positive feedback from a buyer. She bought a scan of yarn.  In the feedback she mentions "even a little gift inside".  Folks, I have no idea what she is talking about. 

I have from time to time added a little gift, but not in quite a while. Nothing was added in this package. So, I have no idea what she is talking about and I am not wanting to ask her. No telling what it is. LOL. 

Yes. I'm curious. I checked all the other shipments for that day to make sure everything was sent, had its tracking, etc. I was afraid maybe a piece of jewelry somehow got into the package.  All the shipments have been received and no one said anything about an empty package. I think they're all fine.

So, I wonder what was on my work table that could have gotten into her yarn.  I have no idea.

I had a couple times someone mentioned receiving a gift with their coin. I didn't send any gift, I have no idea what they're talking about. I just figured they left the wrong feedback and moved on. Like you, I kind of wanted to know, but was afraid to ask.

There has been occasional times when I did put a bonus in a package, but I've put a sticky note on it to say "bonus". Generally in these cases the buyer doesn't comment in feedback. It's a rare and occasional thing, like putting a page of Cuba stamps to a buyer in Canada who bought a few collections for good money, or a banknote from Oman (since eBay doesn't want me selling those) in a package for someone who bought a bunch of banknotes.

C.

Message 3 of 23
latest reply

@jeffcomowerparts wrote:

MAYBE WAS A BUG IN IT???  

I hadn't thought of that possibility... I just figured my buyer was confused. (Shouldn't be a bug in what I send, it's all new packaging, and bugs don't live very long in my house because of the diatomaceous earth I put out for them).

C.

Message 4 of 23
latest reply

@bill.purvis2012 wrote:

As long as it wasn't your wallet 🤣

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 5 of 23
latest reply

Buyers get sellers and items confused  often.  Since you received pos. feedback, just leave it alone.   If she made an error you can not send a feedback revision request since it is postive.  You could follow up with a response, but is it really worth  your time?   Take the win 😊

Message 6 of 23
latest reply

The buyer was happy, so it couldn't have been that bad.

It's hard to tell if it was in the box or stuck inside the yarn.

Have a great day
Message 7 of 23
latest reply

Admit it! It was that doobie you thought you'd lost.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 8 of 23
latest reply

Pretty sure if it was a BUG !! they wouldn't leave a positive review.

EWWWWWWWWWW !!

Message 9 of 23
latest reply

" bugs don't live very long in my house because of the diatomaceous earth I put out for them"

hey can you tell me about this? i know i can google it but ima lazy guy. does it kill spiders and moths? do you just have a bowl of it on a shelf?

Message 10 of 23
latest reply

@bill.purvis2012 wrote:

I'll add another vote here for a buyer who's confused your item with someone else's. If she bought a skein of yarn from you, she's probably buying yarn from multiple other sellers as well, as dictated by whatever her current yarn project is.

Message 11 of 23
latest reply

Last year I had a buyer leave me feedback similar to what you received.I’ve never put a little surprise in the package. I looked at my buyers feedback left for others, turns out the buyer left the same exact feedback for other sellers, pages and pages of the same feedback lol.

As for asking the buyer, I would leave it alone. 

IMG_0959.jpeg

Message 12 of 23
latest reply

You're curious, so sure, ask the buyer.  Can't hurt.  All that can happen is she either tells you or ignores you. I want to know too. Report back. 😊

Message 13 of 23
latest reply

@chapeau-noir wrote:

Admit it! It was that doobie you thought you'd lost.

I was thinking the same thing. 😀

Have a great day
Message 14 of 23
latest reply

@bill.purvis2012 

I would leave it alone.  No need to invite trouble to your door.  It is fine the way it is.  I wouldn't potentially stir something up that simply doesn't need to be.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 15 of 23
latest reply