cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help, Buyer says item not delivered USPS says it was. What to do?

I have a buyer who says that the item he ordered was not delivered. He only placed the order 8 days ago and I have a 3 day handling time on that account. 

The USPS shows that it was delivered today.

Now he has left Negative  feed back. Is there anything I can do about this?

Is there anything I can do proactively in case he files a INR case?

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: Help, Buyer says item not delivered USPS says it was. What to do?

No.

Message 2 of 20
latest reply

Someone needs to contact his PO and they can look up where the package was delivered on their GPS. It also doesn't mean it won't show up later. I had one last Monday show delivered to my house but it wasn't here. It showed up in my mail on Thursday. I think it was misdelivered and left back outside to be picked up and redelivered.

Once the package is found, if it is, you can request a feedback revision.

Message 3 of 20
latest reply

You would win an INR case if tracking shows it delivered.  I've always told the buyer in cases like these they need, check with family first and then  to contact the neighbors first to see if delivered there and if not, then the PO.....as they have GPS that shows where something is delivered and they want to know if packages are disappearing off porches. 

9 out of 10 times, family has put it somwhere.........some apologize, others disappear, but some may be open to revising the feedback..........

Message 4 of 20
latest reply

@maribranha-0 wrote:

I have a buyer who says that the item he ordered was not delivered. He only placed the order 8 days ago and I have a 3 day handling time on that account. 

The USPS shows that it was delivered today.

Now he has left Negative  feed back. Is there anything I can do about this?

Is there anything I can do proactively in case he files a INR case?

You actually want him to file. If the buyer does file an INR, the feedback will be removed since the case will close in your favor.  You could advise the buyer to check with their neighbors, mail carrier or their local Post Office. The PO can pull up GPS coordinates where the package was actually delivered.  That's about all you can do. Yep, those kind of negs sting, but it is what it is, you did nothing wrong.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 5 of 20
latest reply

The tracking says it was delivered to Front Desk/ Reception, I have told him this twice now, the only thing I did not do was to say he needed to check there. I will send him a message suggesting he check with his post office. I think I will try to do the same.

It's just the tone of his messages that make me think he is going to try to pull something.
Message 6 of 20
latest reply

@maribranha-0 wrote:
The tracking says it was delivered to Front Desk/ Reception, I have told him this twice now, the only thing I did not do was to say he needed to check there. I will send him a message suggesting he check with his post office. I think I will try to do the same.

It's just the tone of his messages that make me think he is going to try to pull something.

Well, there's really nothing he can do. He can't win an Ebay or Paypal case. He's already negged you, so that ship has sailed. Other than maybe email the snot out of you, that's it. If he does that, ignore him.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 7 of 20
latest reply

@maribranha-0, I agree with @southern*sweet*tea ... you want the Buyer to file the INR, that way you can simply upload the tracking info.  The other thing you need to instruct the Buyer on is that if they absolutely do not have it they need to file a Police report for any claims that may ensue ... I went through this with a Buyer who was pretty sure a Porch Pirate snagged their Item ... this time of year it happens a lot. 

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 8 of 20
latest reply

@southern*sweet*tea wrote:

You actually want him to file. If the buyer does file an INR, the feedback will be removed since the case will close in your favor.

This is what I was going to post, and I was also going to say for you to encourage your buyer to open a INR dispute.

Message 9 of 20
latest reply

Buyer needs to contact his post office.

I have had the experience of an item showing it was delivered, yet it arrived the next day.

Buyer cannot file a INR case, when tracking shows delivered.

Hopefully buyer will receive the item

soon.

Once the item is the hands of the carrier you have lost all control over the mail article, the neg feedback needs to be removed from your record.

Message 10 of 20
latest reply

Actually, the buyer CAN file an INR case. He will lose, but he can file it.

Message 11 of 20
latest reply

Whether he files or not, negative feedback about non delivery when tracking shows delivered properly is grounds for feedback removal.  Instead of waiting for him to file, you should get on the horn to CS and have them remove the feedback.  And if they refuse, then you can wait for him to file a claim.

If it works, sell it. If it works well, sell it for more. If it doesn't work, quadruple the price and sell it as an antique.

-- Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #80
Message 12 of 20
latest reply

I was wondering about that, I was talking to my BF when I was fixing supper and he said he thought that I might be able to have it removed.
I'll give it a try.
Message 13 of 20
latest reply

@nowthatsjustducky wrote:

Whether he files or not, negative feedback about non delivery when tracking shows delivered properly is grounds for feedback removal.  Instead of waiting for him to file, you should get on the horn to CS and have them remove the feedback.  And if they refuse, then you can wait for him to file a claim.

Agreed.  OP, contact eBay and show them that the tracking shows that the package was delivered.  They should be able to remove the feedback just based on that.

Message 14 of 20
latest reply

@nowthatsjustducky

@nowthatsjustducky wrote:

Neutral or Negative FB should NOT be allowed when the failure is the carriers and not the Sellers ... that's just plain common sense.

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 15 of 20
latest reply