cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help, Buyer says item not delivered USPS says it was. What to do?

I have a buyer who says that the item he ordered was not delivered. He only placed the order 8 days ago and I have a 3 day handling time on that account. 

The USPS shows that it was delivered today.

Now he has left Negative  feed back. Is there anything I can do about this?

Is there anything I can do proactively in case he files a INR case?

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: Help, Buyer says item not delivered USPS says it was. What to do?

What does the feedback say? If it says not received and you have tracking showing it was you stand a good chance of getting it removed.

You might have to call several times. Or you can tell the buyer to open a case that will be closed in your favor and doing so may royally tick your buyer off (once he figures out why you encouraged him to) and depending on how unbalanced he is, could encourage him to buy something else to mess with you.

i would start with trying on your own first. Make sure you state your case clearly and concisely, many of the CS are not that skilled.

Make sure you put them on your blocked list.

The Race is over
The Rats won.
Message 16 of 20
latest reply

I wanted to thank everyone for their help with this matter. 

I contacted the buyer and suggested he contact his local post office to find where the item was delivered. That's pretty much all I can do.

I contacted Ebay and was able to have the neg removed because tracking showed it as delivered.

Again, Thanks for you help.

Happy Holidays

Message 17 of 20
latest reply

@maribranha-0

Call ebay and have the neg FB removed by having the CSR looks at the tracking showing "delivered".

Do not send a FB revision, as there is no need to.

Anyway only use those when a buyer agrees ahead of time since you only get a few per year.

If the buyer opens a case reply to the buyer that tracking shows delivered and they should contact their PO.

THEN upload tracking to the case Call ebay again and have the case closed in your favor while you are on the phone.

Message 18 of 20
latest reply

Thank you for letting us know that ebay removed the feedback for that. In the last week I've had two buyers contact me saying that their item has not arrived...when tracking says it did. I may be facing the same issue. I've basically told them to contact their post office and that it's out of my control once it's been picked up by the USPS carrier. They could be telling the truth, but they also could be lying. There is no way to know for sure, unfortunately -_-
Best of luck with all of your other sales!

~Gurtrude

Message 19 of 20
latest reply

Ebay's newest scam. In the past, simply providing the delivery confirmation number was all you needed to do, now you must call ebay and have the case closed. If you wait or do not manually close the case, the buyer will simply wait until the allotted time frame and ask ebay to step in. The bots (in most cases) will issue a refund. You lose, no recourse and no refund.

Message 20 of 20
latest reply