cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone else not received their 1099-K?

When I check for mine it states "You don’t have a Form 1099-K for this tax year." That's impossible. Are they just delayed?  I am showing the same under both my eBay ID's. Thanks!

Message 1 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

If you didn't sell over $20,000 you won't get one.

Message 2 of 28
latest reply

They have until the 31st of January.  I *know* I'll get a 1099k this year, and that's what it says for my account too.

Message 3 of 28
latest reply

They are not delayed; the deadline is Jan 31. They are not available yet. The wording on that page is very misleading. A week or two I tagged Devon from the eBay team and asked him to escalate the FB.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 4 of 28
latest reply

@solidguitar1961 

Not exactly true. Some states have already lowered the threshold. I am in Missouri and ours is $600.00.

Got one the last 2 years and never hit $20,000 in sales either year

Message 5 of 28
latest reply

I have not received my either, Is it not the law to receive one no matter the earnings?

Message 6 of 28
latest reply

@meme6253 wrote: ...  Is it not the law to receive one no matter the earnings?

No. The law requires eBay to issue a 1099-K only if the member reaches the thresholds set by the feds or by their state, whichever is lower. Your listings indicate that you're in Illinois, where the threshold is $1000.

Message 7 of 28
latest reply

It seems they go above and beyond to use verbiage that is confusing.

Message 8 of 28
latest reply

@fern*wood wrote:

My guess is there are 2 reasons but they want to just do one 'blanket' remark...and that one is probably more popular and since most anyone doing over $20k, know that they are getting one. 

Message 9 of 28
latest reply

We should see the 1099-K sometime next week. Normally, its uploaded around 31/January.

Hang tight. 🙏😎✌️😁

Message 10 of 28
latest reply

@stainlessenginecovers wrote:

@fern*wood wrote:

My guess is there are 2 reasons but they want to just do one 'blanket' remark...and that one is probably more popular and since most anyone doing over $20k, know that they are getting one. 

It's lazy programming resulting in a misleading and confusing message - especially since the 1099-K threshold keeps yo-yoing. The info pop-up is flat out wrong.

1099-K message.png

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 11 of 28
latest reply

Why put a message like "you don't have a form 1099K for 2023" and then all of a sudden on the 31st post the 1099K.  I've been calculating my gain/loss over the last few days based on earnings (payout), and now I see they're reporting gross figures. This means I have to abandon all the work I've done and recalculate everything based on gross. Of course eBay hasn't provided ANY guidance regarding how they calculate the figures they're reporting to the IRS. So I have to go into a very detailed transaction report and try to "reverse engineer" how they did it. I thought eBay was a billion dollar multi-national corporation? They're acting like a start-up with incompetents putting confusing and incorrect information out on their site.  I thought the purpose of a 1099 is to report INCOME. That's what ALL of my other 1099's report. In the Help section, eBay shows a "tax tip" comment box that says what you report to the IRS may be different than the gross amounts eBay reports...WHAT!?!? What weird world are they living in? So confused and frustrated with something that should be straightforward.

Message 12 of 28
latest reply

ebay's 1099K, like those from any payment processor will ALWAYS list the total gross amount of ALL payments received through them (excluding state sales tax). The payout figures you've been using (apparently) already have any fees, shipping labels, promotional fees etc taken out.

When filing your taxes you use the gross amount from the 1099 and then deduct all your expenses from that to come up with your  taxable income.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 13 of 28
latest reply

They have until the 31st of January. 

Message 14 of 28
latest reply

@donnasfinds wrote:

Of course eBay hasn't provided ANY guidance regarding how they calculate the figures they're reporting to the IRS. 

They do @donnasfinds if you poke around. Or I can go ahead and provide some direct links for you. 🙂

Deadline for eBay to release 1099-K forms is Jan 31st each year. They will be posted on your payments section here:
https://www.ebay.com/sh/fin/taxforms

Rundown on eBay 1099-Ks:
https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/fees-credits-invoices/ebay-form-1099k?id=4794

You can go to this page and generate a CSV report and you'll see what's counted on your 1099-K at the transaction level.  https://www.ebay.com/sh/fin/taxdetails

"Your 1099-K Details report shows all the orders that factored into your gross amount of payments. The report also provides other details, such as transaction fees, which may be relevant when preparing your taxes."

There's a guide published here where you can further drill down and get reports for expenses and refunds: https://www.ebay.com/mes/taxguide?sh=true

GLORIOUS!

Message 15 of 28
latest reply