cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone calculated the cost difference with the new fee increase?

Just curious.  With the new fee hike, has anyone figured out how much an (%) increase it will cost?  Did you do a comparison chart between old fees and new fees and the difference that you will have to charge your customers?

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: Has anyone calculated the cost difference with the new fee increase?

At your current rate of sales (on this account) it looks like you are going to have to work in an additional $26 or so per year to cover this.

For me it isn't worth the effort, or stress to determine the %age for such a trivial increase of 10 cents per transaction, but then..........  I thought the 30 cents was a transaction fee paid after the FVF %age was figured on the total buyer payment. 

Now it appears that I am being told that I was also paying 13.25% FVF on that 30 cents.  I've lost untold income due to that sneaky underhanded process. Sometimes better being left in the dark😁

OK, been explained to me. Would need to increase like 12 cents to cover the 10 cents as it would be a new increased selling price........................  that would have an increased FVF 😐

Average annual sales times 10 cents.  Not a big mountain to climb to determine the cost. I will take no action to recover the dimes.  It's already covered by my profit margin.  When I begin to worry about a dime it will be time to "shut 'er down".

Now, Wally raising the price of my little pie by 68 %..................  that's of concern to me😁

Message 16 of 21
latest reply

I am glad my margins have never been that tight. 😁

Yea, me too.

I just raised ALL prices by $1 and shipping from $4 to $5.

That represents an approximate 10% increase.

Message 17 of 21
latest reply

"To cover the ten cent per transaction increase @liawri-75 , factoring in a general (most categories) 13.25% final value fee, you would need to increase item cost by twelve cents."

Thanks.

So in summary, it went from about 11% to 13.25%?

Message 18 of 21
latest reply

No, the FVF rate has been 13.25% (in most categories; for sellers who don't have a Store subscription) for quite a while.  

If the final value fee increases by ten cents, and if you want to cover that by increasing your item price, the increase in your item price has to be more than just the ten cents in order to cover the FVF on that ten cents, too. 

Message 19 of 21
latest reply

1000 orders cost:   Was $300, now its $400

Message 20 of 21
latest reply

some categories (YOURS) the FVF %age is higher.

fees.jpg

Message 21 of 21
latest reply