cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone calculated the cost difference with the new fee increase?

Just curious.  With the new fee hike, has anyone figured out how much an (%) increase it will cost?  Did you do a comparison chart between old fees and new fees and the difference that you will have to charge your customers?

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Has anyone calculated the cost difference with the new fee increase?

To cover the ten cent per transaction increase @liawri-75 , factoring in a general (most categories) 13.25% final value fee, you would need to increase item cost by twelve cents.

If you typically sell multiple items in a single transaction, say your average is two items per transaction, then you can cover the increase with a six cent increase on your item cost.

I am glad my margins have never been that tight. 😁

View Best Answer in original post

Message 13 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

The only increase is the per transaction fee it is 40 cents per transaction for orders of $10.00 or more, 30 cents for transactions less than $10.00. Final value fees haven't changed. 
Per Order fee is changing 

Message 2 of 21
latest reply

The only increase is the per transaction fee it is 40 cents per transaction for orders of $10.00 or more, 30 cents for transactions less than $10.00. Final value fees haven't changed. 

That is the only increase that I am aware of and a $.10 increase would represent different percentage increase depending on the total cost of the item sold. In most cases that is going to be trivial. For example on a $10 item the % increase would be .01% and on a $100 item .001%. 

Message 3 of 21
latest reply

wow.........ovethinking this maybe a tad

its just a dime or 10 cents,  no need for a comparison chart

keep on ebayin

@liawri-75 

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 4 of 21
latest reply

@dbfolks166mt wrote:

That is the only increase that I am aware of and a $.10 increase would represent different percentage increase depending on the total cost of the item sold. In most cases that is going to be trivial. For example on a $10 item the % increase would be .01% and on a $100 item .001%. 

A $0.10 increase on a $10 order is 1%.  For $100, the increase is 0.1%.

Message 5 of 21
latest reply

I expect it to be on the order of a couple hundred dollars at most for us over an entire year.  Barely a blip in our finances.  For smaller sellers, it'll obviously be less, and let's face it, bigger sellers aren't usually coming here to the boards.

Message 6 of 21
latest reply

Good advice; however, it's more like 40 cents. 

Message 7 of 21
latest reply

@soh.maryl 

The increase is 10 cents. 

Message 8 of 21
latest reply

To cover the ten cent per transaction increase @liawri-75 , factoring in a general (most categories) 13.25% final value fee, you would need to increase item cost by twelve cents.

If you typically sell multiple items in a single transaction, say your average is two items per transaction, then you can cover the increase with a six cent increase on your item cost.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 9 of 21
latest reply

Yes, you are correct.  Sorry, I was not paying attention when typing.  

Message 10 of 21
latest reply

No worries 😉 

Message 11 of 21
latest reply

@dbfolks166mt wrote:

A $0.10 increase on a $10 order is 1%.  For $100, the increase is 0.1%.

Thank you for the correction. Heavy fingers on the calculator buttons this morning or not enough coffee. 

Message 12 of 21
latest reply

Message 13 of 21
latest reply

@dbfolks166mt wrote:

I don't increase my prices when my costs go up 10 cents. But I do keep track of the increase and when cumulatively my COGS go up (think along the lines of 10 c eBay fee, 40 c packing material, 30 c shipping, $1.00 inventory acquisition, etc), and I hit a certain percent increase in relation to the item, then I apply an increase to my buyer-facing prices.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 14 of 21
latest reply

If you literally want this one to be a non-issue, then increase all your shipping prices by 12 cents. 

Message 15 of 21
latest reply