cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got a package from the big guy on Ebay today

Did anyone else get this package containing a thank you card and a kit to grow your own tomatoes?

16714040257645350401364234879577.jpg

 Does Mr. Ireland think I'm a gardener,  I can't even maintain a Christmas cactus let alone grow vegetables. Can I claim SNAD on this package or do I actually have to get dirt under my long fingernails?

Merry Christmas everyone!

Message 1 of 162
latest reply
161 REPLIES 161

Re: Got a package from the big guy on Ebay today

LOL

Message 121 of 162
latest reply

@mybigsale good for you and hang on to that little shovel, it's hot commodity right now! Merry Christmas 

Message 122 of 162
latest reply

@silverstatetreasureboxes wrote:

@mybigsale good for you and hang on to that little shovel, it's hot commodity right now! Merry Christmas 

"A Merry Christmas to us all; God bless us, every one!"

Message 123 of 162
latest reply

I can't believe that nobody has yet posted this XKCD in response. So, here goes...

a-minus-minus.png

(Mouseover text on the site reads "You can do this one in every 30 times and still have 97% positive feedback." Not that I would be willing to try the experiment, no matter how badly somebody got up my nose.)

Message 124 of 162
latest reply

@mtgraves7984   Your mom ROCKS - LMK if you want me to send her the cute gardening box I just got.  I simply don't get enough sun to take advantage of it, unfortunately (live in the woods in the Pac NW).  Gift from the young 'un here (going on 70) who finds her an inspiration!

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 125 of 162
latest reply

I am going to use mine on my desk too.    The little crate is just so cute.

Message 126 of 162
latest reply

That exactly what I think.  This is what the first 700 respondents get.  Personally I am underwhelmed.  A $3 (yes, three) eBay credit would be more appreciated.

Message 127 of 162
latest reply

I've never believed in complaining about free stuff.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 128 of 162
latest reply

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:

@silverstatetreasureboxes  Did you attend the last Seller Check In and fill out the survey afterward? I believe this might be the swag they promised to the first 700 people who filled out the survey.

I got my goodie box today (finally!), and I didn't fill out the survey, so there goes that theory.

I'm not a mentor, I don't participate in any outside stuff, Secret Santa, etc. so I have to infer that this gift is based entirely on board participation. 

Message 129 of 162
latest reply

This was a really cool year-end surprise. Mine showed up today and since I hadn't seen this thread it really was a surprise.

I expect sheila@ebay's team put together a list of regulars here that generously volunteer a lot of time to help the thousands of buyers and sellers that come here throughout the year for help. My thanks to the community team and eBay for this very nice gesture and recognition of our efforts.

I hope my seeds grow! Will probably wait and plant the herbs and tomatoes in the Spring. I might share the wildflower seed papers with a fellow seller that has a nice outdoor space for that kind of thing. 🌱

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 130 of 162
latest reply

@wastingtime101 

It is a very nice gesture.  When I made the original post, I didn't know what to make of it, I never get sent gifts from somebody important such as Mr. Ireland VP of ebay.

All I seen was seeds and I thought oh no someone is sending me seeds from afar!  Foolish me I didn't even look at the gift until others started chiming in that they got the package.

I'm glad you got one as your very helpful on the shipping forum as well, Merry Christmas!

Message 131 of 162
latest reply

@monroe67 wrote:

I'd be doubtful.  The card says, "Your passion for selling is truly inspiring and I'm honored that you've put down roots and grown your business at eBay."  (Emphasis added.)  

But I suppose anything is possible!    

Hmm. I don't post with my selling ID. I wonder if that was a requirement. (I didn't get anything.)

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 132 of 162
latest reply

@meme6253 wrote:

How Does One Achieve A Gift From Ebay??

You have to be a board "cheerleader" like me.     😉

Seriously i'm not sure. I'm not a big seller but I have been here for 20+ years if that has anything to do with it?

I received my gift the other day. It was a nice surprise.

Happy holidays to you.

Smoke From A Distant Fire - Sanford Townsend Band
Message 133 of 162
latest reply

@albertabrightalberta wrote:

@monroe67 wrote:

I'd be doubtful.  The card says, "Your passion for selling is truly inspiring and I'm honored that you've put down roots and grown your business at eBay."  (Emphasis added.)  

But I suppose anything is possible!    

Hmm. I don't post with my selling ID. I wonder if that was a requirement. (I didn't get anything.)

I don't sell with this ID (nor ever post on the board with a selling ID), so IMHO the reference to "selling" was just generic. Maybe yours is delayed and will show up soon. I had given up hope, then mine showed up Thursday afternoon.

Message 134 of 162
latest reply

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:

@silverstatetreasureboxes  Did you attend the last Seller Check In and fill out the survey afterward? I believe this might be the swag they promised to the first 700 people who filled out the survey.

I read some more about this and there are multiple reasons why people would have received this package including, but not limited to:

- Participation on this community board

- Participation in community seller events

- Being one of the first 700 to fill out the survey after the last seller check-in

It appears to be one per household so if you and/or other members of your household qualify based on multiple factors above, you'd receive one package.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 135 of 162
latest reply