cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got a package from the big guy on Ebay today

Did anyone else get this package containing a thank you card and a kit to grow your own tomatoes?

16714040257645350401364234879577.jpg

 Does Mr. Ireland think I'm a gardener,  I can't even maintain a Christmas cactus let alone grow vegetables. Can I claim SNAD on this package or do I actually have to get dirt under my long fingernails?

Merry Christmas everyone!

Message 1 of 162
latest reply
161 REPLIES 161

Re: Got a package from the big guy on Ebay today

@albertabrightalberta wrote:

@katzrul15 wrote:

@silverstatetreasureboxes 

Congrats on your cute e-Bay swag!

We use a PO box for e-Bay, so doubting Fedex is going to delivery anything to us....lol

Neat that you got one........ nice gestures for nice folks!

Katz

I haven't received anything but re the p.o. box, several years ago, I got a PM from Alan asking for a street address because they were shipping something and couldn't send it to a PO box.

Alas.....no PM either....lol

It's all good...we have swag from prior years.....maybe it is a milestone kinda deal?

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 46 of 162
latest reply

I think that is sooo cool.  It is nice to get a little something, sometimes.  Kind of like a company Christmas Card. 

Just my Two Cents...
Thank you for being here!
Penny
Message 47 of 162
latest reply

Congrats to the chosen few!  🐱  

I would have loved to receive one of the gardening / seed kits and given it to my neighbor.  She is 83 years old and has one of those cute bump out grow windows above her kitchen sink where she starts seeds for her little garden and grows herbs year round. 

January will mark 22 years of selling on eBay for me.  Like umpteen others,  I have never received a gift from eBay.  Oh wait, years ago I did receive a message from eBay with a link to print some certificate.  Of course the link was broken and didn't work.  Go figure ..... And the 25th Anniversary eBay t-shirt I was promised still hasn't arrived.  Boohoo on me  😢

Seriously, I hope those who received the gift enjoy it or re-gift it to someone who will. 

Message 48 of 162
latest reply

OK.  Can you give it to a friend? When I was getting those gifts from eBay, I thought it was a very nice thank you gesture.  Would imagine it's not easy to find one gift that would thrill the thousands of mentors involved here.

Message 49 of 162
latest reply

@eunster1313 wrote:

@silverstatetreasureboxes wrote:

@ckimodog 

Well you of all peeps deserve it more than me for I was naughty this year! These packages are just starting to appear via FedEx today ( Sunday) so watch for it. Merry Christmas hun!

I couldn't tell you for sure but if you are participating in The Secret Santa gift exchange
sometimes someone from eBay will send all the participants a little something extra
from eBay.

I am NOT in the secret Santa and I got one today.

Message 50 of 162
latest reply

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:

@silverstatetreasureboxes  Did you attend the last Seller Check In and fill out the survey afterward? I believe this might be the swag they promised to the first 700 people who filled out the survey.

Nope. I was nowhere near that and I got one today.

Message 51 of 162
latest reply

Just received the same package.  What a nice surprise!  My spouse will love it.  Only thing I participate in besides selling and buying stuff is these Community Chats.  I know someone who only buys stuff, I will see if he gets anything.

@silverstatetreasureboxes wrote:

@mtgraves7984 

I unwrapped it and the little fellas of mine had to jump right in..

1671414471996548829318126000980.jpg

 look at bigboy peeking at you " mt" and dough boy is giving you a big hug! 

It really is a cute swag gift!

Merry Nashville Christmas!!

Message 52 of 162
latest reply

Mine says "grow your own 5-leaf medicinal herb" and kind smells like an Aerosmith concert....should I plant it?

Message 53 of 162
latest reply

I got one … and am not a seller.  But I have posted Replies on this Board.  

I didn’t realize it was ‘tomato-related’ … just saw packets of herbs.  [Sadly … no catnip … but the little hoe works as a cat back scratcher.]  😉

Message 54 of 162
latest reply

"I know someone who only buys stuff, I will see if he gets anything."

I'd be doubtful.  The card says, "Your passion for selling is truly inspiring and I'm honored that you've put down roots and grown your business at eBay."  (Emphasis added.)  

But I suppose anything is possible!    

Message 55 of 162
latest reply

@house*of*paws wrote:

I got one … and am not a seller.  But I have posted Replies on this Board.  

I didn’t realize it was ‘tomato-related’ … just saw packets of herbs.  [Sadly … no catnip … but the little hoe works as a cat back scratcher.]  😉

Hit Reply by mistake … and ran out of edit time.  Was trying to add:

I’m very grateful for the acknowledgment … and hope I’ve been supportive of selling and of many amazing sellers.

Happy Holidays to all!  😊

Message 56 of 162
latest reply

Since I was a mentor for awhile,  but had not sold under this ID, had received various holiday gifts for several years.  No longer a mentor, however.   

Message 57 of 162
latest reply

@house*of*paws 

I recently got a cat.  Actually she just showed up on my porch.  I think someone forgot to take her with them when they moved.  She's very clingy and a bit hyper.  So I bought cat nip.  It was called "Meow-awanna"  lol  Makes her nice and calm.  Best thing ever. Now I just need to stop calling her "puppy" as I was always a dog owner and wish that my husband would stop singing "What's New Pussycat?" every time she enters the room.

Happy Holidays to you and yours. 

Message 58 of 162
latest reply

@monroe67 wrote:

"I know someone who only buys stuff, I will see if he gets anything."

I'd be doubtful.  The card says, "Your passion for selling is truly inspiring and I'm honored that you've put down roots and grown your business at eBay."  (Emphasis added.)  

But I suppose anything is possible!    

See the Post just above you at 12:34pm

Message 59 of 162
latest reply

@silverstatetreasureboxes 

No longer on the naughty list!  I just got home from renewing my DL and there was a package on the porch.  I got my little gardening kit.  So cute!   I think it is a sweet gift and an even nicer gesture.   Thanks eBay!

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 60 of 162
latest reply