Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good 'Til Cancelled???

???

Message 1 of 86
latest reply
85 REPLIES 85

Re: Good 'Til Cancelled???

ABSOLUTELY AGREE: "my listings and I should be able to decide how and when I will sell them."
Message 46 of 86
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
I HATE Good until Cancelled and IF I wanted it, I would have USED it. Who's brilliant idea WAS this?!? Major DUH on your part eBay!!!
Message 47 of 86
latest reply

AGREE WITH YOU, GTC stinks.
Message 48 of 86
latest reply

Do the pencil pushers not understand that they are making selling MUCH more difficult?

Serious error on managements part.   Before things get worse, Ebay needs to revert to dealers choice of listing duration!!!

Message 49 of 86
latest reply

3-day auctions cost a premium
Message 50 of 86
latest reply

This is a classic poor business decision. Revenues are down so raise the price of your product. Then fewer purchases are made further decreasing revenue. A business survives in a free market economy when it provides a superior product. Ebay is giving us an inferior product. How long will the rabble stick around and continue to get abused?

Message 51 of 86
latest reply

This is the beginning of the end for a lot of sellers, and possibly eBay. I am seriously considering canceling my store subscription when it renews in 90 days. A key part of any sale is a "Sense of Urgency." GTC takes that away, and will result in fewer sales for most sellers.

It's clear that this was a totally corporate decision without seller input. NONE of their other changes have been as insulting as this one. I NEVER use auction style listings, and this will seriously impact my sales. I will be look for other outlets for my goods.

Great job, eBay!

Message 52 of 86
latest reply

Why they change it after all these years.  It was fine before. Sometimes around the 20th or so of the month I do not relist until the next month because I run out of listings. The first of the month I get my  free allotment.  They are taking it upon themselves  to relist it before I want to.  A few years ago each month we got free extra listings.  Whatever happened. 

Message 53 of 86
latest reply

That is the problem, They try to take even more money out of us. 

Message 54 of 86
latest reply

@trailbird15 wrote:

E-bay sets the rules..like it or not. 

That is the problem, They try to take even more money out of us. 

Message 55 of 86
latest reply

O yeah. Say it ain't so.
Message 56 of 86
latest reply

Executive 
Executive

Hey eBay sellers, this is Harry, VP of Seller Experience at eBay. As you read in the 2019 Early Seller Update, we are moving all Fixed Price listings to Good ‘Til Cancelled (GTC). As a reminder, this change does not apply to auctions. We’re making this change because we have seen that GTC listings offer more sales opportunities than any other fixed price duration. Over time, GTC listings keep and grow watchers, sales history, and SEO authority as they maintain the same item ID and URL for the life of the listing. We believe all of the above improves the ability for buyers to discover items on eBay, which thereby improves the likelihood of a sale.

We’re aware of concerns some of you may have around managing GTC listings. Today in the Seller Hub Active listings page, you can see the start date of each of your listings. You can also sort by the start date to see, for example, your oldest listing at the top. With the start date, you can determine how long a listing has been active – but, currently, this requires you to do some math. By the end of March, we’ll do the math for you and will show you the number of days each listing has been active. Today, sellers can also sort active listings by end date or time left. For GTC listings, end date indicates the next date of renewal, and time left indicates the time left until renewal. Just as you do today, you can start, end, or relist your items at any time you choose.

All sellers may also take advantage of the out-of-stock feature, which allows you to effectively pause the availability of the item to buyers by setting the listing quantity to zero. This comes in handy if you want to keep all the benefits mentioned above (same item ID and URL, watchers, sales history and SEO benefits) while either your item is out-of-stock or you need a vacation. When you are ready to sell the item again, simply update the quantity back to a positive number. You can also use our bulk editing tools to update multiple listings at once.

We’re also aware of concerns about the 30 day auto-renewal period not syncing with monthly billing cycles. We’re looking into this. Thank you for your patience.

We always want to create the best experience we possibly can for our sellers. That’s why your feedback is so important to us. We look forward to continuing our partnership with you to improve your sales velocity and build a better marketplace.

Message 57 of 86
latest reply

E-Bay should know by now that sales in North America is a rollercoaster based on the time of year.

Right now it is Spring Break Season and then we move into graduation's,  outdoor sports, yard work / patio parties, festival's, and summer vacations. 

People are not going spend their warm months indoor shopping on the internet!

E-bay operates in 27 countries and should be able to see how the change of season / climate effects sales globally. 

Message 58 of 86
latest reply

I do not like the new 'Good til Cancelled".  Each time an item does not sell I need to review the item and make changes in description or price or simply not relist, just like a regular store owner.

You have taken away from me the ability to do that and taken away a large amount of my decision making process.  Please show me what this gains for me if you can.  I saw no justification for the change that made any sense.  

Message 59 of 86
latest reply

I contacted eBay and according their rep they are gathering all the complains and will send to the right department., maybe they can revert this update., so if you feel that does not work for you , call them and complain.

Message 60 of 86
latest reply