Message 1 of 86
latest reply
85 REPLIES 85

Re: Good 'Til Cancelled???

Great post! & sadly true!
Message 31 of 86
latest reply

I go through all of my unsold listings each and every night and relist those with watchers and examine those without, oftentimes making changes in pricing, description or photos. Ebay just took this away and I KNOW my sales will be affected NEGATIVELY. Anyone from eBay listening? 13 years selling - do you care?

Message 32 of 86
latest reply

Very good point !!! As a primary seller on eBay I too use Ebay as my first choice to buy.. It's pretty sad that we have become a loyal part of the eBay community and eBay itself has not ...

Message 33 of 86
latest reply

I don't want it & agree, it is a money grab.  I have been selling on eBay since 2001, and this is the worst ploy I have seen yet to get more money out of the sellers.  Like someone else posted sellers are also buyers, and there could be severe repercussion, to eBay for this move.  I still have my ETSY account; perhaps it is time to make a move.  I also agree that this one will end in a class action lawsuit.  Who is happy about this?  All those in favor of this new policy, please post! 

Message 34 of 86
latest reply

I don't want it & agree, it is a money grab.  I have been selling on eBay since 2001, and this is the worst ploy I have seen yet to get more money out of the sellers.  Like someone else posted sellers are also buyers, and there could be severe repercussion, to eBay for this move.  I still have my ETSY account; perhaps it is time to make a move.  I also agree that this one will end in a class action lawsuit.  Who is happy about this?  All those in favor of this new policy, please post! 
Message 35 of 86
latest reply

good til cancelled also makes it harder to reduce price and keep inventory fresh
Message 36 of 86
latest reply

The other thing this impacts is seasonal items. Since it is almost Spring, I will not want to relist winter jackets at this point. It was easy to manage when they went into my unsold folder. I could CHOOSE to relist or shelve it until next winter. Beyond frustrated...

Message 37 of 86
latest reply

I just had an item sold from a "buy it now" and it still is showing in my active selling area. Wonder if I need to cancel even after it sold. It was just for 1 item....no multiples!
Message 38 of 86
latest reply

GOOD UNTIL CANCELLED!!  AND EBAY RELIST IT!!!!  HOW STUPID IS THIS. 

NO MORE FIXED PRICING FOR ME.  I'M GOING TO CANCEL ALL MY FIXED PRICE LISTINGS 

I SHOULD MAKE THE DECISION TO RELIST,  IT NOT EBAY.   SO NOW IT'S ALL AUCTIONS AND I WILL SELL LESS PROBABLY FOR LESS.

GOOD LUCK EBAY WITH THIS IDEA.  YOU MAY MAKE A FEW PENNIES BUT LOOSE DOLLARS.

HAVE A NICE DAY EBAY AND GOOD LUCK . I WONDER IF YOU WILL BE AROUND IN 10 YEARS 

Message 39 of 86
latest reply

@gridirongems wrote:
I just had an item sold from a "buy it now" and it still is showing in my active selling area. Wonder if I need to cancel even after it sold. It was just for 1 item....no multiples!

You may be being caught by the Out of Stock rule which keeps your listing open for 3 months more to allow you to "restock". Although it is not clear to me whether this is something you have to select or if it is default.

Message 40 of 86
latest reply

I so agree! I watch my items for "watchers", to decide if I have hit a good price point. Buyers wait to purchase until right before a listing ends. It is human nature. If the item never ends, they don't buy. I like my items to move, and tweek them if they have no watchers. My stuff usually sells fast, within a week, or maybe two. I don't want the same items sitting around for months!

Message 41 of 86
latest reply

Was this ever disclosed in E-bay's newsletters for upcoming 2019 changes? I don't remember seeing it, but could have missed. When I do receive these notices, it's like reading a court filing. Just get to the highlights!

E-bay just keeps pushing sellers away and if you do that, then there is no need for people to shop on E-Bay! There are sites like Craig's List & Next Door that have no fees and you don't have to worry about shipping supplies & shipping costs. 

Whoever came up with this at E-bay, needs walked out the door. The damage this will cause will be greater than E-bay's forecasted profits with this change. 

Another thing that irks me is when E-bay started taking a percentage of the shipping cost that a seller charges. I know it was because of Amazon. E-bay wants sellers to ship for free. I can't remember ever going into a store to purchase shipping supplies or shipping via USPS and received FREE supplies and shipping service. 

Message 42 of 86
latest reply

I have been a member for 21 years and this is the worst thing they have ever done. I even tried to change to an auction and they wanted to charge me 5cents for that, which is insane. I am a mad a

hornet about this Good 'til Cancelled thing. This is **bleep**!

Message 43 of 86
latest reply

not happy. GTC stinks. And seems like so does eBay.
Message 44 of 86
latest reply

agree: GTC must Go.
Message 45 of 86
latest reply