cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gold Jewlery

I listed a 14k charm bracelet. Refusing an offer of 1000 from a buyer who had promised to pay immediately, I sold it for just over 1500 to someone who did not pay or respond.  I didn't find the offer way too low but in the past, I always ended up getting more than the offer. I thought the promise to pay was a little odd. I relisted last evening and again, someone had made a $1000 offer promising to pay immediately.  I have bidders so I will let this offer go as well but if the winner does not pay again this time, I will be seriously annoyed.   Is this situation usual for Gold jewelry?

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Re: Gold Jewlery

I agree. Every time I sell something over 100 dollars I get that feeling too.  I would never sell anything over 300.00 as the number of scammers grows daily

Message 16 of 22
latest reply

Thank You! I'm just not relearning new eBay after several years with dying parent and darling hubby.  It was a surprise not to have to go through the non paying bidder process.  I begin to think the offers came with a connection to nonpaying bidders to teach me a lesson?    I will just sell silver for a while and save the golg until I regain experience!.  I don't mind scrap bidders but hope for bidders rather than manipulators.

Message 17 of 22
latest reply

I thank everyone for the help!  I am finding the new eBay boards very hard to navigate!  I will keep reading but let this be my big thank you to everyone!

Message 18 of 22
latest reply

OUCH!  I just wanted to sell great things and pay bills.  I'd not thought to go back to work on eBay regularly.  I wanted to write romance novels and paint!  LOL and sigh!!  🙂  where's my heart's  for you lovely helpful people!

Message 19 of 22
latest reply

I thought the weight was also in the text but I will check  I'd hoped weight with the image would show how much was enamel or stones or whatever... I may have adult-onset adult-onset ADD?

Message 20 of 22
latest reply

If you love the houses you are not looking at Connorsville!  Menomonie has nice old houses.  I'm trying to keep one standing.

Message 21 of 22
latest reply

The last picture did show the weight as 49.15 but I was not positive if that was in grams but that would seem to make sense. One would have to guess at the stone and clock weight but even if it was 20% that's still a heck of a buy. 

Message 22 of 22
latest reply