cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Go paperless with your Form 1099-K message

Hello

I saw an ebay message saying
Go paperless with your Form 1099-K
It's fast, reliable, and convenient way to get your form.
Go paperless

Form 1099-K
You get a Form 1099-Kopens in a new window or tab if your sales meet the minimum IRS reporting threshold in a calendar year.
Paperless delivery
Should I mark that? what does it mean?
thank you
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@cristian3_6 wrote:

thanks for your answer
I always go to my tax accountant for ebay, does that mean that I don't have to go to my accountant anymore?

Going to your tax man has NOTHING to do with whether you go 'paperless' or not. Your Mortgage, Bank Statements, Medical Insurance, Auto Insurance, Electric Bill, Water Bill, Gas Bill etc etc etc. ALL want you to either go 'paperless' or 'mail'. 

Paperless simply means YOU either get it in the mail or YOU get it from the website, then 'PRINT' it and take it to your taxman. 

How in the WORLD would your taxman get your 'gross' information if you don't TAKE him the paper that states the numbers that he/she needs? 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

It means you can download the form..........you don't have to wait for it to be mailed, snail mail.....  If you check it, ebay won't SNAIL MAIL the form..........  up to you as to whether you choose to do it or not. 

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

thanks for your answer
I always go to my tax accountant for ebay, does that mean that I don't have to go to my accountant anymore?

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

You will get a piece of paper with the total amount you received from sales (excluding sales tax)..........you will still need to list your deductions (fees, shipping costs, etc) on the tax return........so if you haven't been doing your taxes yourself, I imagine you will have to take the info to the accountant.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@cristian3_6 wrote:

thanks for your answer

Going to your tax man has NOTHING to do with whether you go 'paperless' or not. Your Mortgage, Bank Statements, Medical Insurance, Auto Insurance, Electric Bill, Water Bill, Gas Bill etc etc etc. ALL want you to either go 'paperless' or 'mail'. 

Paperless simply means YOU either get it in the mail or YOU get it from the website, then 'PRINT' it and take it to your taxman. 

How in the WORLD would your taxman get your 'gross' information if you don't TAKE him the paper that states the numbers that he/she needs? 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply