cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GTC... I MISS BEING BUSY

ANGRY  DEPRESSED  DISCOURAGED DISAPPOINTED  AND BROKE.  ALSO, WHAT'S WITH ALL THE NONE PAYING AUCTION BUYERS?  ALSO, WHAT'S WITH ALL THE TONS OF RETURN REQUESTS AND THEY'RE NOT REALLY RETURNING?  WHAT IS GOING ON???

Message 1 of 55
latest reply
54 REPLIES 54

Re: GTC... I MISS BEING BUSY

This is the worst I have seen it and I thought it was bad before! I have not sold anything in 6 days!!! 😞 And yes I am crying!! 😞 And complaining!! 😞  

Message 31 of 55
latest reply

NOT AS SLOW AS THIS!!
Message 32 of 55
latest reply

Doesn't do any good. Maybe we should think of something else to take up our time!
Message 33 of 55
latest reply

Thankfully I wasn't selling yet when the vanishing photos happened. Sounds like a horrendous mess. And not surprising at all. Most of eBay still seems like it operates in the world of 90's technology.

Message 34 of 55
latest reply

I went for 19 or 20 days then had a sale. This was my worst June in 18 YEARS and July won't be any better
Message 35 of 55
latest reply

So Sorry but I truly Understand.....The GTC Scandal and Adding other like (Promoted) items to your personal item listing(s) is just not right...Very Unfair to the occasional small seller....Things were Great before GTC....The way I see it now unless you are doing an Auction......is......#1 You Make Your Listing with Your asking Price or Best Offer...#2 Ebay  wants you to Promote your Item at a Certain % ( More Visibility) and ounce you have some Watchers (BINGO) then #3..Send the Watchers a Best Offer...and if it Sells Ebay makes 15% on your Item plus a percentage of Shipping Fees.....Certainly not the Ebay I used to know.....I understand that Markets change as always but with this GTC  is/was Dagger Knife for and Sad Ending☹️for Many...Sorry....Good Luck and Happy Selling!!!!

Message 36 of 55
latest reply

It became much easier when we selected "Do not Accept Returns" . We know that's a farce but it does decrease the allowable Buyer filing time from 90 to 30 days which is Ebay's return policy. Our Ebay business has degraded over time with 1/4 the sales that we once had. There are other choices that don't require Ebay's restrictions. Good Luck!
Message 37 of 55
latest reply

I agree...getting looped around several times in Ebay´s algo is bothersome and customers give up. I get looped several times just while in seller hub trying to do my selling work...which slows time I could be uploading items. Last year, Ebay stated they were going to run all in house ads...but that lasted for maybe a month or two...now outside Google targeted ads are looped inside Ebay´s search. By viewing each page code, it is pretty obvious...not an expert at coding...but know a little to see google analytics when I see it in a code...
Message 38 of 55
latest reply

@ms.rodriguez* wrote:
End them before they relist. Really who cares if they have watchers. I have ended more than a thousand listings since GTC started. I have 2 seller accounts. So far, I messed up twice and eBay screwed me out of 70 cents. And no, I don’t want a store. My brother has a store and he doesn’t get many promos.

I ahve a store but I have downsized twice to the cheapest version. There really is no reason to have a store. I sell on 2 non store accounts too and actually get better options for listing. No charge to schedule start times no charge for Buy it Now with auctions. You get less for a store and pay more. 

Message 39 of 55
latest reply

NO, it's usually busier for me when I sell new and pre-owned summer clothing and shoes.
Message 40 of 55
latest reply

My sister's and my sales are also down DRAMATICALLY since eBay chose to force sellers to make all fixed-price listings "good 'til cancelled." I suspect "good 'til cancelled" listings never see the light of day in terms of showing up on the top of searches like "ending soon" or "newly listed." eBay is shooting itself in the foot right now and nobody seems to be dressing the wound. eBay will die a quick death once gangrene sets in.
Message 41 of 55
latest reply

Don’t offer returns.

Message 42 of 55
latest reply

This has been going on for months now. I wish I knew what eBay's goal was because they sure don't help the sellers. They work against us on all fronts now.
Message 43 of 55
latest reply

My sales too have dropped off buy huge amounts over the last few months when they started GTC! Good news is my Ebay fees are about 1/4 what they were but the bad news my sales are down to about the same.. I too have been looking for other places to sell. Etsy is looking better and better and such a shame after being with Ebay for over 16 years. I just keep hoping they will walk this back. I've tried to give it a chance and it's just not working for me.

Message 44 of 55
latest reply

I was kind of feeling neglected myself. It's almost like they don't love me anymore, the party's over....I thought I was just being a nice guy by going all around and picking up only the best quality used merchandise to sell for them and me, but however the inventory gathers dust, what is going on?
Message 45 of 55
latest reply