cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GTC... I MISS BEING BUSY

ANGRY  DEPRESSED  DISCOURAGED DISAPPOINTED  AND BROKE.  ALSO, WHAT'S WITH ALL THE NONE PAYING AUCTION BUYERS?  ALSO, WHAT'S WITH ALL THE TONS OF RETURN REQUESTS AND THEY'RE NOT REALLY RETURNING?  WHAT IS GOING ON???

Message 1 of 55
latest reply
54 REPLIES 54

Re: GTC... I MISS BEING BUSY

No. One of a kind items have to be promoted or will be way down the HOLE in whatever catagory that they are in. 

Message 16 of 55
latest reply

My exact sentiments! Furthermore, I have been thinking about how unfair (if not illegal) it is for GTC to automatically relist items when you have run out of free insertion fee listings. Therefor, this now means eBay is imposing "new" fees without your permission. You cannot opt-out, and your only option is to end those listings early to avoid the fees. The least eBay should do is allow those listings to end and let them go into the "Ended" or "Unsold" folder list.

Message 17 of 55
latest reply

Why not list items in groups. Let’s say 25 items today all starting late at night. Don’t list tomorrow. List another bunch in 2 days. Etc. Mark your calender and then in 29 days to 29 1/2 days , end the ads. I list in bunches. Sales still suck though. Only 1 item sold in day 29. Everything else that sold, sold within 48 hours of listing. Today I will end approximately 35 ads.
Message 18 of 55
latest reply

End them before they relist. Really who cares if they have watchers. I have ended more than a thousand listings since GTC started. I have 2 seller accounts. So far, I messed up twice and eBay screwed me out of 70 cents. And no, I don’t want a store. My brother has a store and he doesn’t get many promos.
Message 19 of 55
latest reply

I have had a huge slowdown since the inception of GTC. I do end my listings before they roll over and relist as my store gives me 1,000 listings. June was horrible - I sold some in the first 2 weeks and it died. I had my worst month in 18 YEARS on Ebay in June. I am on 2 other venues and they are slow but Ebay I normally sell more than those sites and June was a disaster. I am frustrated too - and keep seeing glitches on my site. Ebay is changing a bunch of stuff all at one time and I suspect that affects our sales too. I have redone listings, taken them down before they roll and relisted them - taken them back up from Auctiva which is my lister and nothing helps.
Message 20 of 55
latest reply

Someone suggested "relisting as similar" instead of just relisting. Not sure if it will help but worth a try.

Message 21 of 55
latest reply

I am with all of you. Small seller used to have $1000.00 a month in sales.
Then a year ago dropped to about $600.00.
Now I am at 62.50 for the past 30 days. Per ebay I am down 91.00% and I am constantly having to end listings to avoid additional charges. More work for next to no sales.
Reduced prices this past weekend will sell what I can and be done.
Too much work for no return.
Message 22 of 55
latest reply

eBay won't care, if you suddenly quit...they really won't!! I called them a few times in late March/early April, and spent a total of about two hours discussing the dreaded GTC Fiasco, and while they "seemed" sympathetic, there was, of course, nothing they could do about it, except to "take notes", and "pass it along to upper management"...the same old spiel they'd always say. And, when I complained that, due to the GTC, I had only used up 24 of my 250 so-called "free" listings for having an eBay Store, and felt like I was being ripped off, well, you can just imagine that they did NOT like that! So, when I mentioned that I was seriously considering closing my eBay Store, effective April 30th, they pretty much "invited" me to close it. ..So, I did! And, stopped selling on eBay, altogether;...at least, for a while. Ever since my sales had dropped to a piddling two items...TWO...in about seven weeks' time, I figured, why even bother? There's just NO motivation to take pictures, compose ads and post them, anymore, since everyone's listings now seem to be never-ending, and buyers now have absolutely NO 'sense of urgency' to buy, like they used to. Before GTC, when buyers would see my 3-day, buy-it-now listings, they would see that particular listings would be ending soon, and that an item might not be available anymore once it's closed out, and that sense of urgency often motivated them to go ahead and pull the trigger, and buy it. But, not now.. Well, anyway;...on the PLUS side, my flea-Bay fees went from as much as 200 bucks per month (plus the monthly eBay Store fee, of $21.95 per month), down to nothing...nada...zilch, for a couple of months now! ..Ohh, sure, a couple hundred bucks a month won't hurt eBay, but, multiply that by thousands of OTHER sellers' accounts not making them money, due to lack of sales, and you'd think that eBay has GOT to be hurting about now, but;...who knows? Ahh, well..  Smiley Sad

Message 23 of 55
latest reply

Very Well Said Message.....I Totally Agree...I also think Ebay would be Missing out on Everyone Closing out or Downsizing Stores...but that doesn't seem to be the Case....They may have a Plan...without us Little Sellers that got them where they are....We Little Sellers are the Reason, Ebay is where it is ..to this point....and now there Pushing us Out.....Good Luck to All and Happy Selling!!

Message 24 of 55
latest reply

Yep, it seems like they have really been GOING OUT OF THEIR WAY to find ways to drive the small-time sellers like us, right out of business! Before the GTC, I would usually sell at least 3 or 4 items (vintage watches, specifically, the red LED watches of the mid-70's) per week, and sometimes as many as 3 or 4 in one DAY, at peak times, but ever since March 18th, when the GTC started, that number dropped to just TWO sales in seven weeks, so, I just decided to give it up...it just wasn't worth the effort, anymore...and this, after being on here for over 19 years!

Of course, the GTC isn't the ONLY thing that's been aggravating about eBay, lately;...and, just to name a couple, of the many things...their annoying habit of KEEPING 10% of the shipping fee that you've collected, so that you're ALWAYS losing money, every time you ship a package; and then, there's that SUPREMELY annoying decision they made some time ago, to start posting dozens and dozens of OTHER SELLERS' ITEMS, right within your OWN listings, "similar sponsored items" and "other items you may like", like they're PURPOSELY trying to draw your potential buyers away from YOUR listing, and away from possibly buying YOUR item, and trying to get them to buy somebody ELSE'S item, instead?! What, you don't have ENOUGH competition ALREADY on eBay, and now they're showing your buyers other stuff to buy instead of yours, and right within YOUR own listing, the listing that YOU have paid for?!  Smiley Mad

Message 25 of 55
latest reply

So sad as a long time shopper on EBay ! EBay is driving good sellers away with all the Amazon want to be changes, hard to use, unuseful searches, promoted listings which skew the search criteria + many costs rising for everyone. Why compete with Amazon? (Even had pkgs. bought on EBay sent from Amazon! ) It is just another too big, money hungry, big box store with poor service offering the same items found almost everywhere....if I wanted to shop on Amazon I can and do so occasionally but I feel it is unfortunate that EBay is moving away from what made them unique. I think the honest "pay on time" buyers who were excited on finding a treasure are going to be so frustrated, they will leave EBay also.
Message 26 of 55
latest reply

Does it normally get this slow in the Summer Months?

Message 27 of 55
latest reply

Sales for some items are seasonal - you’ll do great when sales pick up.
Message 28 of 55
latest reply

I am with you - each year my sales are lower. And now for months each month they are lower. Since GTC it is pathetic. I do take my items down and relist after 15 days or a bit more. I have a premium store and the free listings to do it BUT it is not helping.
Message 29 of 55
latest reply

Good for you - I have to sell - and maybe one day soon I will be brave enough to just get off ebay. I relist my items because I have 1,000 free listings but I don't use near that amount so I am paying for a store for nothing.
Message 30 of 55
latest reply