cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GOOD TIL CANCELED A VERY BAD IDEA

I have never posted a thread before until now. This idea has to be one of EBAY's worst ever.

we constantly are running 7 and 10 days auctions and re-listing them. Simply because of the

fact that people see an item, put it in their watch list, and we always get lots of action the last

24-48 hours before it ends. And if they miss it, sometimes they come back to the new listing

when we start it back up. WOW, this is a really dumb idea.....do you hear me EBAY??

Please send some feedback, whether you agree or not....I'm talking to sellers like me.

Thank you!        P.S.         I could live with -one-  other option like 10 day or 15 day.

Message 1 of 165
latest reply
164 REPLIES 164

Re: GOOD TIL CANCELED A VERY BAD IDEA

We hear you.... This is all **bleep** and you know it.... GTC will not sell more, only cost more in fees and you know it. More work for us we don't want it...... We are not stupid... Spin this any way you like, it's all bout FEES..... Bad idea...STUPID idea...
Message 106 of 165
latest reply

I'm offended that I am FORCED to relist an item! I am not a big seller at all so fees do matter to me. Sometimes if an item does not sell after 30 days I'll put it on hold and try again. Sometimes an item is only a few dollars and the fees plus free shipping adds up quickly and I may as well take the item to the mission! There are times I relist weeks later or a month later and I want the option to relist What I want When I want!! Right now I'm cancelling items as they get near the relist date and just not relisting them. I won't be using eBay much now...there are plenty of other selling sites that do not Force you to do what you don't want to do! YES...VERY bad idea!

Message 107 of 165
latest reply

I was only using fixed price but now I'll have to change to auctions and just not relist if I go over the free 50. I don't have many listings and the fees to matter for items that are only a few dollars and free shipping. I just don't like being FORCED to relist an item I might Not want to relist at that time. Extra time to cancel listing before it ends and relist at My convenience
Message 108 of 165
latest reply

Totally agree with you. I want to relist What I want When I want! I'm ending listing early also which is taking more time and effort just so I can relist again at my convenience! STUPID IDEA!
Message 109 of 165
latest reply

Why did you call Ebay? What did you think that the customer service staff would do? Reverse Ebay policy? What lowly clerk can do that?  I also don't get why people call CS when they aren't getting any sales.  Did you think there was a magic switch they can flip to make your stuff the hot new thing and MAKE buyers buy your stuff?

Message 110 of 165
latest reply

Same here...I'm not a big seller and this is ridiculous! If they were so concerned about $$$ they shouldn't offer 100 free listings each month or give us 50 free!
Message 111 of 165
latest reply

Totally agree but I'm just a very small seller so fees Do Matter to me for my cheaper items. I've been a member since 2001 and I think this is at the top of Stupid Ideas! Somehow I found a way around the New Theme and still using the old set up. Too bad they don't listen to the people that pay their salaries!!!
Message 112 of 165
latest reply

They changed this with NO imput from the people that Use Their Service and Pay Their Salaries!! They have outdone themselves with Stupidity this time. If everyone that's threatening to leave really does then it will hurt! I won't be listing much now because I don't have the time to cancel listing before they end just so they won't relist on their own. Some things I don't want to relist right away. I think being FORCED to relist is the issue. There is a CHOICE to Relist Till Sold which gives the Seller the Control over their listing...that's the difference.
Message 113 of 165
latest reply

Most people will Cancel before the auction ends to avoid the fees and maybe we don't always want to relist and item right them...I don't always! Too bad they don't listen to the people that pays their salaries!
Message 114 of 165
latest reply

I haven't call yet but I'm assuming they are getting Thousands of Complaints BUT that does not mean they have the right to be Rude!! If people follow thru they are going to loose a lot of long time customers! I've been on Ebay since 2001 and this is the end for me!!
Message 115 of 165
latest reply

I'm in the same boat! I don't have a lot of listings and some are only a few dollars so the fees matter. Now I'm ending listings early to avoid the fees on items I may not want to relist right away or basically because of what is convenient for Me!! Sounds like they will be loosing a lot of long time sellers!
Message 116 of 165
latest reply

Same here and I'm an small seller so the fees are an issue. Cheaper items fees add up fast because things don't always sell for a few months and if you offer free shipping you go in the whole so Why Bother!! Think this is the end of Ebay for me!!
Message 117 of 165
latest reply

Totally agree!! This really hurts small sellers like me! I can't afford fees on items that are cheaper and have free shipping that may not sell right away. I want the control of What I relist and When I relist. They are sneaky and it as many people stop selling as say they will then maybe they'll start to Listen to the people that pay their salaries!!
Message 118 of 165
latest reply

Absolutely 100% agree!!!!
Message 119 of 165
latest reply

I am one of those small sellers!! This WILL run me off!! Just not worth it anymore. BUT...there are many Big Sellers who use Fixed Price and offer items for pennies! How could they possibly make money with the fees? This was a Knife to the Throat for eBay!!
Message 120 of 165
latest reply