cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free 4 Day Shipping

I have free ECONOMY/MEDIA Mail shipping on all my items which can take up to 10 days, not usually, but can and when I look at my listing they all state Free 4 Day Shipping without my consent, how do I change it?

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Free 4 Day Shipping

I think that has to do with your shipping time, not delivery time

Do have 3 day shipping selected, I do and my listings also say "free 4 day shipping"

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

I have 1 day shipping time

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Estimated delivery dates- include seller's handling time, origin ZIP Code, destination ZIP Code and time of acceptance and will depend on shipping service selected and receipt of cleared payment. Delivery times may vary, especially during peak periods.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Yeah, just looked at my listings and they no longer say "free 4 day shipping", they used to but like most things ebay they seem to change without warning

Since you have 1 day shipping not sure why you are getting that blurb on your listings, maybe someone will come along and post with more info

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

When you are looking at it Ebay sees YOUR zip code.  So it's like you are shipping it from your zip code to your zip code which should only take 4 days with Media Mail. 

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Because eBay thinks the buyer lives in the same zip code as the seller when you look at your own listings. Change it to something else and it won’t be there. I like to choose a city across the country to see what my shipping looks like to them.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

That makes sense, just looked at a few of OP's listings and I didn't see the "free 4 day shipping" anywhere

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

When a seller looks at their own listings, the ETA is calculated using your zip code.  So it is highly likely that something shipped from the same zip code you are in will arrive within 4 days.

You need someone else from a different zip code to look at your listings.  When I view them I see the ETA of August 17th through 22nd.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

@darlazee wrote:

I have free ECONOMY/MEDIA Mail shipping on all my items which can take up to 10 days, not usually, but can and when I look at my listing they all state Free 4 Day Shipping without my consent, how do I change it?

In fact since you and I are both in Chicago I am seeing Free 3 Day Shipping on your listings. Its calculated to the buyers location and it takes into account your handling time so I dont see a problem there.

Here is where I do see a problem: a lot of your listings (mainly the magazines and periodicals) are not eligible for Media Mail - both because they are periodicals and because they contain advertising. (It does not matter how old the magazines are according to the USPS.) You should probably use First Class Package for the individual items and maybe Priority for the bigger shipments. 

https://liteblue.usps.gov/news/link/2013/04apr/Media-Mail-Guidelines.htm 

On the plus side - if you are not using Media Mail then it will not take up to 10 days to reach your buyer. It will go through as quickly as the other First Class or Priority shipments.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply