cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For The Love Of God ~ Do Something about the SCAM emails

I just listed 30 fresh new items the last 3 days...  by the time I get home... 30 emails and messages..  My Daddy Wants This Text Me at Two Three Five....  or Hey I want to buy piece, is it still for sale... or My father will be buying this for me, pleadse Call him at (3)(2)(6)..

So I thought it would be funny to answer one and give him the local police dept number....  guess, what?? I get flagged for attempted offsite sale and get banned for 3 days.... a seller who has been here since 1999 with close to 4M in sales...  this really has to stop....

eBay..  this has been going on for months now.. please do something about this.... this is getting riduclous...

/RANT

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: For The Love Of God ~ Do Something about the SCAM emails

@gramophone-georg wrote:
On any other planet the 'venue' would be ecstatic with the $4 mil in sales...

Perhaps. But earthly venues like Amazon and eBay want to get paid  ... just like the sellers who use them do. 

Message 16 of 25
latest reply

Have read of sellers getting a longer suspension than that.

Message 17 of 25
latest reply

@vintagecraze50 wrote:

You know it even says when you start to send a message now for everyone--Do not use personal contact info email etc as a warning and some people I guess do not bother to read it. It

s certainly a nuissance and a problem for sellers who need to respond to the legitimate emails and now are afraid to do so. I suggested that somehow the system needs to block messages with email and contact phone numbers but I suppose that would be a computer programming challenge.

Yup.

How many messages does it take to warrant a suspension? What if you answer back? If you have competitors with multiple cell phones sending you their text info does eBay think you are soliciting these messages?

The whole thing stinks.

Chaos is NOT an "industry standard".
Message 18 of 25
latest reply

@luckythewinner wrote:

@gramophone-georg wrote:
On any other planet the 'venue' would be ecstatic with the $4 mil in sales...

Perhaps. But earthly venues like Amazon and eBay want to get paid  ... just like the sellers who use them do. 

Only eBay wants to charge you if you cancel your item or it doesn't sell, though.

Wonder if that's what they do if you get too many messages with contact info in them?

Message 19 of 25
latest reply

Ebay programmers can't handle little things let alone this. I think they pay 3rd graders in India to do their programming while their parents answer the cs phones. You get what you pay (or don't pay) for. I'm selling little things as I clean up around the house. I too am getting these scam emails. Why send a text scam message for 2.99 item?

Message 20 of 25
latest reply

@gramophone-georg wrote:
Only eBay wants to charge you if you cancel your item or it doesn't sell, though.

LOL.

I made a flippant comment about fee avoidance in response to a seller who intentionally gave out a phone number through eBay messages.

You are driving down a different road.

Message 21 of 25
latest reply

@luckythewinner wrote:

@gramophone-georg wrote:

LOL.

I made a flippant comment about fee avoidance in response to a seller who intentionally gave out a phone number through eBay messages.

Well, you know what Yogi Berra said... 

Message 22 of 25
latest reply

@luckythewinner wrote:

@gramophone-georg wrote:

LOL.

Lucky, check this out:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Suspension-violating-rules/m-p/27795654#M1095546

Guy got a 3 day suspension for IGNORING a message with a phone number in it.

See my point now?

Yeah, I know... "There must be more to that story, etc., etc.", but my money says we'll be seeing more of these posts if not an explosion of them really soon.

Happy holiday selling on eBay... again.

The unscrupulous competition- eliminators are gonna have a field day with this one...

OP would have gotten his suspension no matter what he did or did not do, it would appear.

Message 23 of 25
latest reply

A little off track but

When I was doing a few searches last night of favorite sellers - on 3 of them where they used to list their phone number is now replaced with "removed by ebay."

Message 24 of 25
latest reply

yes, the attacking, I smell some green eyed monster. 

. ersatz - 

Absolutely and it happens a lot . Tulips 

Message 25 of 25
latest reply