cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suspension violating rules

Ok, so this automated policy enforcement is GARBAGE!  I just caught a 3 day suspension because a BUYER GAVE ME HIS PHONE NUMBER and we finished our transaction on ebay through ebay.  I ignored the message about his number and yet I still catch a **bleep** restriction?  I called ebay and they don't care.  They told me there is nothing they can do even though its painfully obvious that I DID NOTHING wrong.  

Seriously, who else is strugging with this automated enforcement catching innocence?

Im to the point where I am about to flip the **** out.  This is so frustrating.

Message 1 of 175
latest reply
174 REPLIES 174

So sorry.

I believe you are supposed to message the buyer and say all communication must occur on Ebay and you only sell on Ebay; or something like that.

brian@ebay.com

Message 2 of 175
latest reply

When the bots take over, and functioning brains are powerless against them...
...it's the end of civilization.
Message 3 of 175
latest reply

@simplecellunlock wrote:

Ok, so this automated policy enforcement is GARBAGE!  I just caught a 3 day suspension because a BUYER GAVE ME HIS PHONE NUMBER and we finished our transaction on ebay through ebay.  I ignored the message about his number and yet I still catch a **bleep** restriction?  I called ebay and they don't care.  They told me there is nothing they can do even though its painfully obvious that I DID NOTHING wrong.  

Seriously, who else is strugging with this automated enforcement catching innocence?

brian@ebay.com  alan@ebay@ @helloisthingon@ebay

Please chime in!

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage. ~ Anais Nin
Message 4 of 175
latest reply

why is ebay allowing emails from buyers that have contact information in them to be sent to the seller? Why are THEY not getting a warning?

The Race is over
The Rats won.
Message 5 of 175
latest reply

@*eponymous* wrote:

@simplecellunlock wrote:

brian@ebay.com  alan@ebay@ @helloisthingon@ebay

Please chime in!

Even if the folks your are trying to get to "chime in" here did, I doubt they will give out the "whole" story. It would be nice but, but they will never give all the details.

Message 6 of 175
latest reply

IIRC, a real live person was supposed to review the messages prior to any sanctions.

Also, if there is a policy that requires a specific message or text that the seller is supposed to reply with - where can that policy be found (and explained) on the site? 

Message 7 of 175
latest reply

Some well known leaders have said their greatest fear is AI - it will control us all.

Looks like they may be right, sadly.

Patd

Message 8 of 175
latest reply

@castlemagicmemories wrote:

I believe you are supposed to message the buyer and say all communication must occur on Ebay and you only sell on Ebay; or something like that.

brian@ebay.com

ITYM brian@ebay, right? brian@ebay.com signed off four years ago: 

https://community.ebay.com/t5/The-Park/Until-we-meet-again/m-p/166620#M312

(Yes, I know it's signed "Louise," but there's some kind of weird overlap of IDs there.)

Message 9 of 175
latest reply

@Anonymous alan@ebay

I thought that a human was to review before suspension, did that happen in this case?  Per the OP The transaction was completed ON eBay and eBay received it's FVFs.  

This is what is causing excessive paranoia on the parts of sellers.   The seller does not seem to have violated the rule, yet they are punished?   

If the transaction is completed on eBay then the message content SHOULD NOT MATTER! Especially when the seller apparently DID NOTHING WRONG.

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 10 of 175
latest reply

Is there ANYBODY at ebay who realizes that 95% of buyers' ph. #s are posted in the sales record, and sending it through ebay mail is simply REDUNDANT???!!!
Message 11 of 175
latest reply

i am sure the buyer knew that leaving a phone number or an outside link would be a crime .......
Message 12 of 175
latest reply

@threshold.sales.group wrote:

IIRC, a real live person was supposed to review the messages prior to any sanctions.

Also, if there is a policy that requires a specific message or text that the seller is supposed to reply with - where can that policy be found (and explained) on the site? 

Yeah, and Elvis is living in Argentina with Karen Carpenter and their pet unicorn...

Chaos is NOT an "industry standard".
Message 13 of 175
latest reply

@nawlinsron2 wrote:
Is there ANYBODY at ebay who realizes that 95% of buyers' ph. #s are posted in the sales record, and sending it through ebay mail is simply REDUNDANT???!!!

Sure they do. It's just amazing, yet so eBay, that they'll punish the unsuspecting recipient of the email rather than the LIKELY COMPETITOR that did it.

The unscrupulous sellers on this site are going to have a field day with this. eBay never made it so easy to take out your competition.

This place has gone even madder.

Chaos is NOT an "industry standard".
Message 14 of 175
latest reply

Since warnings are giving before a suspension are there other warnings you have received prior to this that you also ignored?

Message 15 of 175
latest reply