cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally Discovered Why My Listings Were Not Coming Off My 250 Free

Since July, when I listed, the number of free listing I had left never changed and when I called, CS said it was a problem that knew about and were working on it.

A recent check of eBay promotions showed that since July, I have had a 500 Free Listing Promotion that runs until 30 September and all my listing were coming off that first before the 250.

I am grateful for this, just wish I knew about it sooner, but do not understand why the listing are not coming off the August special first, did not come off the July special first.

What is the point of a special that lasts until September if I have to use it up first before I can use what will end in August, that ended in July?

I really CAN use these, but eBay needs to apply them to the regular 250 FIRST.

I have lot to list and can use them all, but hate to see that I lost a lot because I did not know of this promotion sooner and the way it is being done.

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: Finally Discovered Why My Listings Were Not Coming Off My 250 Free

@etvideo1ataol wrote:

A recent check of eBay promotions showed that since July . . .

Perhaps it might be of some benefit to check more often?

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

Actually I check every day ( That's how I discovered it) and called several times.  The promotion just magically showed up.  None of the CS reps knew about it when I called and it still doesn't explain why eBay is taking them off the one that ends on 30 September and not the one that ends on 31 August.

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

I had exactly the same experience. The 500 free listings offer did NOT appear until a few days ago and now the tracker for it shows I've used 344 of the 500 and none from the regular 250 / month allotment.  I have a collection of screenshots showing the non-draw down of the 250.

I have NO idea how they are going to treat my account and the regular allotments I am due for the month of September.

I did call, as you did and got the same explanation on the "glitch", but I got a case number so that if they try to ding my account for their screw up (if it in fact was not intentional), I have a record of the inquiry. The promotion is very confusing and convoluted.

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

no disrespect intended, but you have under 100 transactions on the platform. Now might be the time to continue to gain insight and not offer advice.  Just sayin'

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

@vinylcam wrote:

no disrespect intended, but you have under 100 transactions on the platform. Now might be the time to continue to gain insight and not offer advice.  Just sayin'

@vinylcam 

No disrespect intended, but you might want to brush up on the concept of a posting id. I've actually been registered with eBay longer than you have. Now might be the time to continue to gain insight about the community and not offer unwarranted and inaccurate criticism. Just sayin'.

Apology accepted. 

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

I also had it just mysteriously show up a few days ago. I check often, almost every day. It certainly wasn't showing on the supposed start date of July 22.

The first time I saw it, it showed all 500 used. When I click on the link, it goes to a completely different offer. So it appears to just be the ebay glitch of the day.

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

I’m kind of wondering why we as Sellers weren’t notified by email regarding the extra free listings!

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

Is it the cell phone promo that popped up this month but supposedly began in July?

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Seller-Tools/Seller-Hub-now-shows-a-promo-I-never-heard-of-that-s-been...

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

@coffeebean832 wrote:

Is it the cell phone promo that popped up this month but supposedly began in July?

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Seller-Tools/Seller-Hub-now-shows-a-promo-I-never-heard-of-that-s-been...

It says it's for 500 free listings

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

Translation:

eBay screwed up the free monthly listing counters this month and conjured up this free 500 listings promo a few days ago (that's when I first saw it) after they realized they'd made a boo-boo.

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

The promotions (which have been going on since the pandemic and are continuing with the switch to Manage Payments) are in the Annoucements.

I'm not clear why this is a problem that you are using Promotional Free Listings instead of your subscription "free" Listings. 

I have had anywhere from 1000 to 10,000 Free Listings during that time.

Since I was paying for a monthly Store subscription, I dropped my Store level back to Basic and am saving money on the lower fee.

Some sellers have said that they dropped their Store completely, but I kept it for the ability to make sub-categories, the slightly lower fees in my categories, and the ability to use Vacation (now extended as Time Away to all sellers).

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

I got a promo on my 3 Ebay accts. for listing 999 cellphones!  Lord,  I will toss out a phone before I list it here.  I wonder if there is actually anyone excluding Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile , etc.  that actually have 999 cell phones to sell.   I say accept the gift from ebay and goodluck on your sales.

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

I have the exact same thing on only 1 account.  Now lets hope they don't screw up the regular 250 count when I get into them.

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

After typing this, I had the sign in nightmare that always doesn't work and when I got back here, it says my content was auto saved, but I can't get it.

Because this happen so often,  almost daily now, I copy what I type before hitting reply and that is why it is here.

Listed 200 last night and that takes the 500 down to "2", but still have most of the 250 to use before the end of the month.

This has nothing to do with the cell phone special and I don't know a lot of people with 5000 cell phones to sell.

I'll take every free listing I can get, just hate to leave any unused and wish they had taken from July and August first so I would have had some in September.

If this is a glitch, we need more of them, just need to know sooner.

Message 15 of 15
latest reply