cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback

It seems that most buyers still choose not to leave feedback for their items..I'm lucky if I get half to post fb for me..As a seller I have been leaving fb when I ship an item..but now, I wait until the item is delivered and the buyer leaves me fb first..When I view a buyers feedback I always  see that a seller has left fb and the buyer hasn't..I've heard many reasons why a buyer doesn't leave fb..from a seller having more than the buyer..and that a seller 'doesn't need' another fb, they have enough already!..I told one buyer that if they start selling, then they will find out how important feedback is for a seller..I currently have many buyers who still don't post fb for me..It should come down to common courtesy!..if nothing else..It's not all that hard people!.

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Re: Feedback

@postingid7659 wrote:

Feedback is pretty meaningless once you cross a certain point.  As long as it's mostly positive nobody looks at it.  If you have a lot of negatives people look at those to see what others are complaining about. 

I've been on eBay for 22 years as of June and my seller account only has about a third of the feedback you have.  Probably half of that from the last eight years.  I get about 150 a year and do considerably more transactions than that.   Maybe 1 in 3 to 1 in 5 buyers leaves a comment. 

I'm just happy when the ones who have a less than positive experience go away without leaving one.  

Also, eBay does occasionally remind buyers to leave feedback, I did get an email reminder from them on one transaction I hadn't taken care of yet. 

I get one every.single.time I forget.  They even note in their FAQs that they're helping us out by sending reminders to buyers after 30 days to leave feedback (they used to also almost beg them to file for a return but I think that language has been changed). 

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 16 of 24
latest reply

As a seller I always leave feedback once a buyer pays. Once they've paid they fulfilled their obligation. If they leave feedback upon receiving the purchase I greatly appreciate it. I don't feel it's fair to make the buyer leave feedback first, when they fulfilled their obligation first.

As a buyer I will only leave feedback if the seller left me feedback first, for the same reasons mentioned above.

I understand that people want buyers to leave feedback, but I don't look at it as a conditional response. 

I don't play the "if you do I do".

Just my opinion.

Message 17 of 24
latest reply

I'm a feedback junkie.  I've been on ebay for 20+ years and i still get excited and enjoy receiving positive feedback. 

The last time i calculated, i think only about 25% of my customers leave me feedback. 

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 18 of 24
latest reply

I don't mind if they don't leave feedback as long as they leave me alone. I have buyers who purchase from me over and over again and never leave feedback, they also never complain or bother me at all, my kind of buyers.

Message 19 of 24
latest reply

This topic comes up ALL THE TIME. A seller complaining about not getting feedback and they have well over a few thousand. It is VOLUNTARY, not necessary or important really. Buyers can only get positive feedback. I hate when a buyer messages me and says "I left you a positive feedback, please do the same for me." or something along those lines. 

I usually try to leave feedback once a week for all items that have been delivered whether the buyer left feedback or not. It is not on the top of my list. I only have almost 900 I think and that is started I selling on  my own acct in 2017 and not just running my husband store for past 8-10 years. I do the same on his, once a week. 

You would hate it on other sites where it is required almost to release your money. I sell ocassionally on a couple other sites, one in particular. You make the sale, the site emails you the label and you ship it. Then you have to wait for the item to be received by the buyer, they the buyer has 3 days to "rate" you as they call their feedback. So more than half the time, your money is tied up about two weeks until after that 3rd day the buyer doesn't rate you they put an automated response from the site. THen you money is released. Now you have to transfer your money to your bank acct and wait anywhere from 3-5 business days for it to hit your acct, especially if it is around the weekend and depending on your bank.

There is an example where feedback or rating is a little more important I would say. You are waiting on money on a item you sold at this point a good 3 weeks!!

So in my OWN opinion, feedback is NOT a big deal. With paypal I get money instantly, once I switch to MP, even then the money gets to you sooner than how that other site runs. So imagine that. Now there is something to complain about. 

Anyone that posts about not getting there 3-8,000 plus feedback, would really have a complaint then. Just saying. Also, when someone posts this topic, it is the same replies, it is VOLUNTARY and doesn't matter either way. 

Message 20 of 24
latest reply

I"m making notes about what items are delivered, since I know feedback won't  tell me.  But leaving feedback for buyers is a waste of time.

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 21 of 24
latest reply

Feedback is so outdated and eBay needs to keep up with the times.   Product reviews are what is needed on eBay and feedback to buyers removed.  It means nothing as a buyer and as a seller puts you at a disadvantage. 

So I understand as a seller that we need positive feedback to keep eBay from punishing us. 

However as a buyer, I like to buy and be done.  Any problem I will contact the seller.  I don't like to be pushed by eBay to give feedback, and then all the messages about buyer protection, is there a problem blah blah.  It makes a buyer rethink the purchase.  As a buyer I do leave seller's feedback, just because I know sellers need that.  However that is also the reason I buy 98% of my purchases on other sites, they ask me product reviews and don't bug me on feedback.  Plus the time I save from checking out product reviews on other sites to have to go back to eBay to purchase.  Reading feedback to try to find a review on an item is too time consuming.

The only problem I see with your post is when you said: I told one buyer that if they start selling, then they will find out how important feedback is for a seller.

That should never be said to a customer ever.  Lucky you didn't get a negative on that statement.

Message 22 of 24
latest reply

Yes, I am a stinker. As a seller, I only leave feedback for a buyer if they have left at least 50% feedback for what they have received. If they leave it for me, great, if not, oh well. I have buyers who have a fb rating of 300, 500, 700 and have left 10. I do not leave them feedback. I have been with ebay over 21 yrs and in the early years everyone did...now people on some posts say, the buyers are too busy. Well they are not too busy to shop and buy. I think it shows something about society and it is sad. I enjoy leaving feedback but will not leave feedback for a buyer who has a rating of 200 and has left 0-10 for the buyers. Just me...a stinker. Not a single buyer in the last 2 years has noticed/commented/contacted me about not leaving them feedback. Again, I think this is a problem with society. Of course, I am older and was reared that one had to send a Thank you note within a month for a gift, a call did not count. God Bless my parents.

Message 23 of 24
latest reply

So like you reply...dusting and I don't have a good relationship. Excellent! I feel you pain/aggravation.

Take Care

Message 24 of 24
latest reply