cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fed up

Three times straight, with two different sellers, my comic book bags and boards orders will be late, and I'll be forced to compensate my customers.  Both sellers used Media Mail, which I discovered after ordering from the second seller and awaiting my shipment from the first.

I'm fed up with it.  And I've decided to do something about it.

I paid the extra postage just so the postal clerk could open the first seller's package to see what was inside, and appropriate steps could be taken.  I'll be doing the same with the current seller, and any others that ignore the rules.

I'm a straight-up honest seller.  My items are described without sugar coating, I take numerous scans, and I mail Priority Mail, or standard with insurance.  I don't try to game the system.  I expect those I buy from to do the same.

Rant over.

Message 1 of 46
latest reply
45 REPLIES 45

Re: Fed up

@wolf*song wrote:

So, you'd give the seller a break for sending comic supplies Media Mail?  If so, that's cool.  I won't.  I will bust them every time.  And I'm perfectly comfortable with that.

In fact, I may even enjoy it.  I may even stuff my fingers in my ears and chant "Nana-booboo" when I'm doing it.  *LOL*

This has nothing to do with the seller of the comic supplies.

Message 31 of 46
latest reply

@wolf*song wrote:

So, you'd give the seller a break for sending comic supplies Media Mail?  If so, that's cool.  I won't.  I will bust them every time.  And I'm perfectly comfortable with that.

In fact, I may even enjoy it.  I may even stuff my fingers in my ears and chant "Nana-booboo" when I'm doing it.  *LOL*

Well, if you have the time... great. I'm too tied up making money.

Chaos is NOT an "industry standard".
Message 32 of 46
latest reply

Wish I were.  I mean, all I've been doing lately is buying comics to resell.  Like the two boxes I paid 100 bucks for today that had a complete run of Wolverine vol 2, the last of which sold for 799 dollars.  Guess maybe I'll manage, somehow.  🙂

Message 33 of 46
latest reply

Why don't you stock up "in advance"? Get a ton of what you use to ship; then, as you make sales, replenish regularly. I also sell items that ship flat, and I have several shelves full of what I expect to need in the future. Works for me.
Message 34 of 46
latest reply

If your seller is smart your feedback will be removed due to you being a competitor and trying to harm his business.....

Message 35 of 46
latest reply

wrote:

If your seller is smart your feedback will be removed due to you being a competitor and trying to harm his business.....

How are a seller of comics and a seller of shipping supplies “competitors”?

Message 36 of 46
latest reply

Both sellers sell comics one also sells supplies. His concerns about ( free) shipping should have been a email to the seller not a neg. posted in feedback and posters intent is clearly spelled out here in this disscussion...

Message 37 of 46
latest reply

wrote:

Wish I were.  I mean, all I've been doing lately is buying comics to resell.  Like the two boxes I paid 100 bucks for today that had a complete run of Wolverine vol 2, the last of which sold for 799 dollars.  Guess maybe I'll manage, somehow.  🙂

Hopefully your seller isn't sending them via MM.

Message 38 of 46
latest reply

wrote:

wrote:

Hopefully your seller isn't sending them via MM.

And I also wonder about the back issue magazines that seller is listing. Wanna bet those are going MM as well since he chooses to not show any shipping class? I'm always suspicious of those sellers who show "Economy" with no shipping method showing.

Message 39 of 46
latest reply

Cool I usually agree with you - but the OP's supply of boards and envelopes - isn't the issue - the fact that too many sellers are abusing Media Mail is the problem. Continue being the postal police - OP - there are others of us that also report and have the same morals and ethics. 

Message 40 of 46
latest reply

HAHAHA!!!  They don't remove feedback that's TRUE.  Sorry.  *LMAO*

Message 41 of 46
latest reply

I did send an email to him and he ignored it until AFTER I left feedback.  

And still we're ignoring the real issue, here:  Fraudulently sending items via Media Mail.  Wonder how many of you are doing same?  Care to out yourselves?  

Message 42 of 46
latest reply

This was a local pick-up.  And he has more.  And I'll return Monday.  🙂

Message 43 of 46
latest reply

I appreciate that, tunic.  I also appreciate you're keeping your eye on the ball.  🙂

Message 44 of 46
latest reply

wrote:

Cool I usually agree with you - but the OP's supply of boards and envelopes - isn't the issue - the fact that too many sellers are abusing Media Mail is the problem. Continue being the postal police - OP - there are others of us that also report and have the same morals and ethics. 

Misuse of Media Mail.   

I feel like I could fall into a coma for 40 years and this would still be a hot topic on the eBay discussion boards. 

I mean really.......who cares?  Let the PO deal with it.  Don't ruin all the fun for them. 

Message 45 of 46
latest reply