cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extended Time Auctions. Good or Bad For eBay? Would you use them or bid on them?

I have accepted the challenge to post this topic.

It was suggested that a Fire Truck be on standby.

I live in a remote location with a volunteer Fire Service...however here we are...

Image result for fire truck pictures

Message 1 of 113
latest reply
112 REPLIES 112

Re: Extended Time Auctions. Good or Bad For eBay? Would you use them or bid on them?

If you have a seriously expensive item say $5000

The best way to sell it on eBay is to list it for $10,000 BIN and state in your listing that this item will go to auction if no one buys it.

Then it's 10 days of waiting for Sunday afternoon to arrive. . .

PS: I'm new at this so bear with me. . .LOL

Message 106 of 113
latest reply

Re: Extended Time Auctions. Good or Bad For eBay? Would you use them or bid on them?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mrmagoo-22 wrote:
@Anonymous
trinton, I have some details I would like you to look over, but due to the content, I wouldn't be able to "post" them. Would a private message be in order?. I did try, but you seen to be deactivated?
Cheers
Later.

I've reached out via email to get more info from you. Looking forward to hearing back!

Message 107 of 113
latest reply

@Anonymous

Thanks fer "reaching out" trinton, cheeky wink scream

So, you should now have the details of the 3 sellers (if not 1 seller with 3 of his potential 8 ID's) Smiley Frustrated

8 ID's trinton?, seriously?

So, we ALL have the potential to have 16 ID's eh? 8 as sellers, and another 8, as an encrypted ID when bidding?...I could go on, (encrypted encrypted ID's etc) but I'm sure you/we get the picture. And to THINK some would like ter see extended auctions, AND actually DEFEND private listings? OH gREAT, on top of EVERYTHING else, let's bid blind Smiley Frustrated

I've given you the details of the 3 encrypted BIDDING ID's that I believe "they" use, when bidding in "each others" auctions.

Obviously the example "item number" I gave you is out of date, since it was in reference to an auction back in February, and it's been removed (as far as we ebayer's go) from the system, but I would expect you (as ebay) will be able to check it out, still?

HOPEfully, yer a fan of Sherlock Holmes Smiley Wink

AND finally, people...an example of how we members see things... differently.

I was given a NEW term today.. "Bid shielding". I looked it up, it's illegal, yet I was (as good as) told by a fellow forum member it's NOT the bidders fault. grimacing

If a bidder (with a "friend") occupies positions 1 & 2 in multiple auctions for the SAME item, running at the SAME TIME, then gets the leader to "drop-out" at the last moment, so that (for example) the price drops from the top bidders? $100 to his friends ? $18, that's EBAY'S fault, oh and my fault,  for not setting a reserve.

Smiley Indifferent 

All the best.

Magoo 

Message 108 of 113
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mrmagoo-22 wrote:

@Anonymous

Thanks fer "reaching out" trinton, cheeky wink scream

So, you should now have the details of the 3 sellers (if not 1 seller with 3 of his potential 8 ID's) Smiley Frustrated

8 ID's trinton?, seriously?

So, we ALL have the potential to have 16 ID's eh? 8 as sellers, and another 8, as an encrypted ID when bidding?...I could go on, (encrypted encrypted ID's etc) but I'm sure you/we get the picture. And to THINK some would like ter see extended auctions, AND actually DEFEND private listings? OH gREAT, on top of EVERYTHING else, let's bid blind Smiley Frustrated

I've given you the details of the 3 encrypted BIDDING ID's that I believe "they" use, when bidding in "each others" auctions.

Obviously the example "item number" I gave you is out of date, since it was in reference to an auction back in February, and it's been removed (as far as we ebayer's go) from the system, but I would expect you (as ebay) will be able to check it out, still?

HOPEfully, yer a fan of Sherlock Holmes Smiley Wink

AND finally, people...an example of how we members see things... differently.

I was given a NEW term today.. "Bid shielding". I looked it up, it's illegal, yet I was (as good as) told by a fellow forum member it's NOT the bidders fault. grimacing

If a bidder (with a "friend") occupies positions 1 & 2 in multiple auctions for the SAME item, running at the SAME TIME, then gets the leader to "drop-out" at the last moment, so that (for example) the price drops from the top bidders? $100 to his friends ? $18, that's EBAY'S fault, oh and my fault,  for not setting a reserve.

Smiley Indifferent 

All the best.

Magoo 

Hey @mrmagoo-22, the details you have described seem to fall under our Shill Bidding policy. I've taken the details you shared via email and passed them along to our investigative teams. You can go here to see more details on this topic. If you would like to discuss this further, you are welcome to begin a new thread to discuss this with the rest of the community or reach out to customer service to report the details for investigation.

Message 109 of 113
latest reply

@Anonymous

Hi trinton.

trinton, I have a question for you...Can I give an ENCRYPTED name on this forum?

Can I give both (as you now encrypt an already encrypted ID) of the encrypted ID's, given, as they ARE encoded?, and as such will not "name and shame" the seller/bidders?. It would simply give the "How can you be sure, where is your proof" brigade SOMEthing ter chew on, always assuming their minds are/were open to the truth in the FIRST place, eh.  

Yes, shilling indeed. So, anyway...I've started to put "these" 3 sellers? in my watch list again, and noticed he's AT it again, not that he ever stopped... He simply went "under cover" (private listings...for LAPtops? seriously?) why OH why are ebay SO kind to scammers, eh?

trinton, you said

"Hey @mrmagoo-22, the details you have described seem to fall under our Shill Bidding policy. I've taken the details you shared via email and passed them along to our investigative teams. You can go here to see more details on this topic. If you would like to discuss this further, you are welcome to begin a new thread to discuss this with the rest of the community or reach out to customer service to report the details for investigation"  So, would this suggest you won't be looking into it yerself?, so what... NO professional curiosity? Oh dear, shame.

Report them you say thinking umm, now WHY didn't I think of that? OH, HANG ON a minute, I DID, about a DOZEN times B4 he went to private listings, even to the point where I TOLD CS who the bidders were from the ENCRYPTED ID's.

I've since given up with "the joke, that is ebay CS", and moved on to other social media sites that DON'T prevent you/me from warning our fellow ebayers of these scammers.

Take your (ebays) link to "Report an item"...why not "go through the motions" of reporting, and you will see that NO "details" are asked fore, via the drop down boxes?, NONE, so we can REPORT a violation, but are not ASKED/ABLE (given the option) to explain WHY we believe a violation is in progress? are you SURE you (ebay) wants to know? 

You say I'm welcome to start a new thread?, good ter know, seriously, since I have.

slight_smile

A SCAM IN PROGRESS

You should check it out trinton. IF I am able to give out the ENCRYPTED ID's in a thread, you'll see an "old friend's"  ID from february's auction

Laters.

Message 110 of 113
latest reply

Muttley.....

I agree   with you.    They can  be    almost  COUNTED   on to create   a new glitch on the Biidding Site.  Smiley Surprised

Message 111 of 113
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mrmagoo-22 wrote:

@Anonymous

Hi trinton.

trinton, I have a question for you...Can I give an ENCRYPTED name on this forum?

Can I give both (as you now encrypt an already encrypted ID) of the encrypted ID's, given, as they ARE encoded?, and as such will not "name and shame" the seller/bidders?. It would simply give the "How can you be sure, where is your proof" brigade SOMEthing ter chew on, always assuming their minds are/were open to the truth in the FIRST place, eh.  

Yes, shilling indeed. So, anyway...I've started to put "these" 3 sellers? in my watch list again, and noticed he's AT it again, not that he ever stopped... He simply went "under cover" (private listings...for LAPtops? seriously?) why OH why are ebay SO kind to scammers, eh?

trinton, you said

"Hey @mrmagoo-22, the details you have described seem to fall under our Shill Bidding policy. I've taken the details you shared via email and passed them along to our investigative teams. You can go here to see more details on this topic. If you would like to discuss this further, you are welcome to begin a new thread to discuss this with the rest of the community or reach out to customer service to report the details for investigation"  So, would this suggest you won't be looking into it yerself?, so what... NO professional curiosity? Oh dear, shame.

Report them you say thinking umm, now WHY didn't I think of that? OH, HANG ON a minute, I DID, about a DOZEN times B4 he went to private listings, even to the point where I TOLD CS who the bidders were from the ENCRYPTED ID's.

I've since given up with "the joke, that is ebay CS", and moved on to other social media sites that DON'T prevent you/me from warning our fellow ebayers of these scammers.

Take your (ebays) link to "Report an item"...why not "go through the motions" of reporting, and you will see that NO "details" are asked fore, via the drop down boxes?, NONE, so we can REPORT a violation, but are not ASKED/ABLE (given the option) to explain WHY we believe a violation is in progress? are you SURE you (ebay) wants to know? 

You say I'm welcome to start a new thread?, good ter know, seriously, since I have.

slight_smile

A SCAM IN PROGRESS

You should check it out trinton. IF I am able to give out the ENCRYPTED ID's in a thread, you'll see an "old friend's"  ID from february's auction

Laters.

Hey @mrmagoo-22, I want to clarify that I would not be looking into an issue like this personally as my role here in the Community is to clarify policy, monitor trends, gather feedback for product changes and on rare occassions ensure that an issue is reviewed by the appropriate teams. The Community Boards are a peer-to-peer support forum and not a dedicated customer support channel. As such, while I am able to escalate concerns to the right teams from time to time, I would not be reviewing these matters personally. Furthermore, my personal experience at eBay is primarly related to our eBay Money Back Guarantee program and Selling. While I have learned a great deal about all lines of business here at eBay and have resources for those topics when needed, the kind of in depth investigation your report requires would be best handled by teams specifically trained on this topic.

I will move over to your new thread at this time, but I wanted to step in here and explain the Community Team's role on the boards to prevent any misunderstandings in the future.

Message 112 of 113
latest reply

@omgitlightsupsaid
"But there are things, such as collectibles, that I occasionally enjoy bidding on and will happily enter into a bid war with"
This person worries me, seriously

Smiley Frustrated

Message 113 of 113
latest reply