cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Epic Fail with the new "Good Til Cancelled" Policy

I am an Ebay top rated plus seller with a premium level store and 100 percent positive feedback.. I have actually decided to cancel my store as of April first. It is simply not worth paying for a store subscription to an E commerce site that is dictating to me how to sell my items. As a seller, leaving any items as good til cancelled removes the sense of urgency for any buyer to actually buy. Not only that, it places the longer standing items in a stagnant place where they are seen buy fewer potential buyers. For those reasons, I will be moving my store to a couple of other E commerce sites that are more seller friendly.

Message 1 of 67
latest reply
66 REPLIES 66

Re: Epic Fail with the new "Good Til Cancelled" Policy

It's April 6 and I have had very few sales compared to before GTC was instituted. I'm really upset with this policy.

As previously mentioned buyers have no urgency to buy. Even if i try to put them on a limited time to sell, it doesnt work because the buyers are not even seeing listing. 

I looked at views of my listings and they are way down. 

I would be curious what other sights people are going too?

Message 46 of 67
latest reply

Even worse. As of today, eBay has mixed up the sequencing of dates when items are for sale. Thus, making it quite difficult to schedule when an item is actually coming up GTC. Apparently, eBay is making so little money they have to try and screw the sellers anyway they can. How do the folks who work for eBay sleep at night?

Message 47 of 67
latest reply

I feel your pain, I have over 9,000 listings up from my normal 3,000 rotating items up... my sales are down by about 70percent... this is my full time business that I have been running for 19 years and now I have no idea how I will pay my mortgage in two months... frustrated and panicked to say the least.. .I keep calling and all they say is they are sorry and will pass on the info... 

Message 48 of 67
latest reply

Even promoted listings are not being seen! 

Message 49 of 67
latest reply

I am a very small seller on eBay; apart from an occasional auction  listing, most of the stuff I list are BIN with a 7 day duration.  In any given week, I can expect a few sales.

Imagine my surprise when by Saturday nothing was selling.  I took a closer look and All MY LISTINGS were converted to GTC!  I usually use TurboLister; maybe I goofed? Nope...TL has each listing as a 7-day. That being so, I called eBay who confirmed the change March 18. This is so bush league. No one is going to keeping checking a listing with 25-30 days to run. The rep. was understanding, but the other suggested option listing as an auction with a BIN option is not great either. I have to evaluate next steps here, but more and more it's looking like I will use eBay for bulk lots.

I have been saying for a long time that eBay is NOT the sellers' friend. Years ago, after high-volume sellers either bolted for other sites, or reduced their presence substantially here, that eBay would tread cautiously. But no. Changes to feedback policies are insulting. I really feel for you sellers who have stores and depend on sites like eBay for your livelihoods.  After a recent unpleasant experience with a buyer that I had to eventually block, this recent decision...another unpleasant experience.

Message 50 of 67
latest reply

Deciding whether to cancel or downgrade at end of month. Selling for 23 years with 2 top rated stores with total of 2000 items. So far this month I have sold 5 things of which 2 were from bids made in March so they don't count. 3 sales at $32 total is pathetic. Thanks Ebay.
Message 51 of 67
latest reply

Ebay is digging its own grave. They will in my opinion be forced to make appropriate changes to get sellers back. Time will tell.

Message 52 of 67
latest reply

We know there are there good selling venues but need help finding them. Know that we are not allowed to mention names here so please just send me message directly to my store ryanrobyn. Please just list names as you can do that without getting dinged. Many many thanks.
Message 53 of 67
latest reply

If we need help finding other venue's so will the buyers! 😞 😞 😞

Message 54 of 67
latest reply

@njcarrington wrote:

I feel your pain, I have over 9,000 listings up from my normal 3,000 rotating items up... my sales are down by about 70percent... this is my full time business that I have been running for 19 years and now I have no idea how I will pay my mortgage in two months... frustrated and panicked to say the least.. .I keep calling and all they say is they are sorry and will pass on the info... 

That is disgraceful. How nice they will forward your concerns to management.  I suppose they will handle it like government and set up a blue ribbon panel.

Message 55 of 67
latest reply

ok i am ready for a better option than ebay will try to stick it out on ebay not becoming nearly as big and not making what I wanted on ebay wanted  to build up listings been working hard to but a waist of time here so many combative changes by ebay management to sellers GTC one of them cant get as good as I wanted to be here with ebay they make it impossible financially - to many changes and not useful good ones. Want to know alternatives to ebay want to build a business. Over and over again ebay has waisted my time with the way they do things.

Need other selling sites ebay is failing us not helping sellers to do well but mess with listings and messing with limits on listings and charging more to list this is not working for me and do see whats going on almost in tears on phone with them complaining about it knowing it is a mess and lost faith in selling on ebay.

Message 56 of 67
latest reply

I have never used promoted listings because I feel that eBay should do all they can to promote all of our listings in anyway possible for the fees they are already getting.  If we were getting the service we already pay for and it was not making money for eBay, I really don't have a problem with paying a little more. Trying to run my business for me is a whole different issue. What is happening on this site right now is scary for sellers and buyers. I am adapting as best I can, but have hard decisions to make over the next couple of months.

Message 57 of 67
latest reply

Bonanza, eCrater, the River.  ShipPirate is super easy to use and often saves $$ on postage over ebay.  You have to compare but it is easy and they help almost immediately if needed.  Once I saved almost $5 on shipping.  Often it's 50 cents to 1.50 which does add up.

Message 58 of 67
latest reply

Finally! Thank you for sharing! I can't stand GTC. Good to know there are options.
Message 59 of 67
latest reply

I totally agree! I too had to end most of my listing. Will have to find another place , sucks what ebay is doing, Sooo Greedy
Message 60 of 67
latest reply