cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Epic Fail with the new "Good Til Cancelled" Policy

I am an Ebay top rated plus seller with a premium level store and 100 percent positive feedback.. I have actually decided to cancel my store as of April first. It is simply not worth paying for a store subscription to an E commerce site that is dictating to me how to sell my items. As a seller, leaving any items as good til cancelled removes the sense of urgency for any buyer to actually buy. Not only that, it places the longer standing items in a stagnant place where they are seen buy fewer potential buyers. For those reasons, I will be moving my store to a couple of other E commerce sites that are more seller friendly.

Message 1 of 67
latest reply
66 REPLIES 66

Re: Epic Fail with the new "Good Til Cancelled" Policy

I am with you , now even my older listings are now gtc , i ended over 500 listings and closed my store a while back from the last bright ideas they had , looks like i am ending another 260 items , how is that good for business i don't know but i am done with the tyrants here at ebay . ebay's job is to show my items to people not to decide what when and how i sell them i can't afford to have them relist all my stuff @ 35cents an item without my consent , i have a perfect track record here i don't understand why they would drive me out . But i am happy to be done with this . I have wasted thousands of hours doing all this for nothing . I WILL NEVER BUY OR SELL ON EBAY EVER AGAIN !!!   best wishes to all the great sellers that will be leaving i hope we all can find a new venue , good luck

Message 31 of 67
latest reply

I hear that my friend , i have wasted thousands of hours listing items  when i ended my store and will now be ending the rest due to the gtc scam  .  Best wishes & good luck 

Message 32 of 67
latest reply

This is ridiculous , i don't understand how driving great sellers out is good for business . My fees have ranged from 100 - 400 a month i guess that is not enough for them . have now ended over 700 listings and i will never buy or sell on e bay ever again ! I am sure they don't care but i get the feeling they will after you read these message boards . GTC is a bridge too far for me good riddance ebay.   best wishes and good luck to you and all the great sellers they they are driving out . 

Message 33 of 67
latest reply

What are these other sites, I am interested to know.  I have been with E bay for 20 years

Dickie

Message 34 of 67
latest reply

I just sorted my items by END DATE and moved all the items I did not want relisted at Fixed Price GTC over to AUCTION for 10 days.  If they don't sell in Auction then they will go to UNSOLD -- same as before -- from there I have time to decide whether to relist them, tweek them, lower price, send to Auction or Fixed Price, etc.

The main thing I have to change on this end is listing just a few EVERYDAY, instead of piling on all my listings at once.  So I get my listing ready to go and store them in DRAFTS.  Then I put them out there a little everyday.  That way I will always have some NEWLY LISTED and some ENDING SOON and they won't all be in the dead middle.  

It will take more work - because I will have to daily daily, which items I want to relist for another 30 days, and which ones I want to send to auction or tweek or LIST SIMILAR, etc.

In any business environment, ecommence or retail store setting, you have to be flexible and respond to change in order to succeed. Nothing stays the same. TRUE -- EBAY seems to be inflicting us with an huge amount of CHANGE but for selling clothing there really is no other venue for me.  Believe me I have checked. 

Message 35 of 67
latest reply

It is very disturbing to have something I have worked so hard for taken away in this manner. Since there is no news or for that matter anything coming from Ebay I have to consider that this is intentional to get rid of all smaller sellers. I cannot understand how this could possibly benefit Ebay but they must think so or why on earth would they ever continue in this direction ??? Just keep thinking on how over the past few years things were taken away one at a time. There is hardly any feedback left anymore, no discounts for being top seller and I had to work very hard to get to that point, no cash register sound when something is sold, hardly any visibility anymore, no protection for sellers, no free listing promotions anymore at least none for me, no notices or any emails of any kind from Ebay except of course my bill, No ANYTHING and hardly any sales now since GTC although it was dying before that as well.The only changes have been bad ones and the fees keep going up for poorer service. This has to be a record for poor company performance!

Message 36 of 67
latest reply

beware ebay could care less about you as a seller they have become conniving can people
Message 37 of 67
latest reply

I would love to know where others are going.  The .20 listing place is pretty good.  What else?

Message 38 of 67
latest reply

I AGREE, WHEN SOMETHING IS ADVERTISED ON THE GOOD 'TIL SOLD PLATFORM ANY POTENTIAL CUSTOMER WILL JUST SIT AND WAIT 'TIL SOMEBODY PUTS THE SAME ITEM ON A PENNY CHEAPER, I'VE ALWAYS WAITED FOR THE POUND LISTINGS BUT I GUESS I'LL HAVE TO MOVE ON.

Message 39 of 67
latest reply

Worst decision this lot ever made. I think they are really trying to get rid of small business type entries. BUT A LOT OF SMALL BUSINESS ENTRIES MEAN A LOT OF MONEY TO THEM AND THEY STILL WANT MORE. 

Message 40 of 67
latest reply

What has happened to freedom of choice? Come on ebay stop -ucking with things that work fine & sort out the problems.
Message 41 of 67
latest reply

I agree 100%. Ive been on ebay for more than 20 years and this was the straw that broke the camels back. Im so tired of them thinking they know how to run my business better than I know how to run my business. They don't! In the last 5 years ive transferred more and more of my business to other sales areas as Ebays forced more and more things on me that I don't want. And the fact that they try to make what *they* want a good thing for sellers just chaffs me. No... good til cancelled does *not* help me! It makes me *have* to use promoted listings or my items get seen maybe 2 days out of 30 even though I meet all their requirements to the letter and I have 100% feedback. Nope..just nope. I closed my store the end of March. I'll probably use some of my free listings each month to run auctions but other than that im done w Ebay.
Message 42 of 67
latest reply

Think that GTC should read GTF

Message 43 of 67
latest reply

I've only just cottoned on to this but yes I agree I'm paying eBay £150 in fees each month but:

1) having used the unsold folder each day to reduce selling prices, remove the few non-selling items and quickly change listing details before relisting (the vast majority) I now find I need to do all this when they are live. The live editing page does not show watchers and views, crucial to my pricing policy and the bulk edit page has a column last modified which doesn't show what I've recently changed(!) which would be very useful if I'm going to have to work on amending a few days before the cycle ends 

2) I'm seriously, given the above inconvenience, failing to understand why a relisting fee is being charged (or marked against allowances) when no relisting has occurred

3) I've recently notice weird sales patterns where the bulk of my sales now take place out of traditionally peak times e.g middle of the night, before noon and wonder if my listing are now being exposed less during the peak times than those opting for premium pricing

Consequently  I'm going to start migrating my larger value items to the big South American river as I'm sick of a company run on algorithms that maximises their revenue but does not support their revenue earning customers. 

Really hacked off that my 10 year plus operating method has  been torpedoed by a vague note in a sellers info post a few months back.

Nice one (not)

Message 44 of 67
latest reply

amen
Message 45 of 67
latest reply