cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails received very late.

For some time now, most emails from eBay have been very late. As much as 12 hours late. Sometimes more than that. These are important messages such as best offer notifications, questions from buyers, and notifications of sales. Who wants to buy from a seller who takes 12 hours to answer their questions? I feel like this could be costing me sales. I'm pretty sure it's eBay, and not my email service, since I don't have emails from other sites showing up late. Is anyone else having this problem or know of a solution?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Emails received very late.

Never, ever depend on emails to run your business..........too many things: ebay/your provider/the internet can have a screwup........  Learn to check on ebay itself more than once a day.......

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Well, I definitely don't rely entirely on emails. I check regularly, but I do find the emails to be quite important. I can't check every 15 minutes. 

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Do you use the App? I find it easier to manage messages and best offers on my phone sometimes, esp when I'm away from my computer. Also, you can set up notifications on your phone via the App so you are alerted to messages and such. Just be sure to have a Don't Disturb time set up or turn off notifications for sleeping, etc. 

Cecily
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

You can ask CS for help. Maybe 

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

I can't stand the app. Mainly because search always defaults to best match. Although it may be convenient for handling notifications and messaging, I can't see installing it just for that purpose.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

On occasions I find that eBay messages are often  delayed on both  my home PC & my phone app.  The most  unique  delay  is when I see I  have  sold something and  bought the shipping  label and the USPS carrier has scanned it in and  my  phone app will do that "cha ching thing" - some times  the phone app is just doing a Rip Van Winkle. Then other times they seem to be close to real time, been that way since 2010.  Call it the  nature of the beast  or chalk up to "Stuff Happens".  Don't waste my time to  call CS about it and don't check my sold stuff  but maybe 2-3  times per day  (early morning like 4 or 5 am some times sooner, noon and some time after 5PM).  The home PC is more reliable IMO

rip van winkle.png

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
The Devil made me do it! - Flip Wilson
If the band can only play loud - they ain't no good - peps too J.R. Johnson
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

I print all of my labels in the morning and then pack up everything for the mail carrier to pick up. Even if you offer 1 day shipping like I do, anything sold after I print those labels doesn't need to go out that day anyway so it's not that much of an issue. I still end up trying to get them out that day anyway if I can, but the point is just checking the seller hub in the morning keeps me updated for any sales that need to go out. I can see a problem with not receiving questions, but between the app and emails they seem to get to me fast enough that I've never had a problem.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply