cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay won't allow a listing

Trying to list a 1943 WW 2 How to Shoot the U.S. Army Rifle The Infantry Journal Manual 1st Ed and I get the following message.  There are several manuals just like it listed.  Any suggestions?

Military Manuals

It appears you are attempting to list a military manual that may be restricted for sale as technical data under the US Munitions list found at ITAR Part 121. Due to the highly regulated nature of these items, which can restrict even sales within the US, eBay has made the policy decision to prohibit these items altogether. Therefore, this item is not permitted and please do not attempt to relist. Please see eBay’s Military Items policy for more information.

Thanks for your attention to this matter.

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Ebay won't allow a listing

@biscuitandgravy wrote:

Why does it even  matter to you (luckythewinner).you don't even have a listing..

While I have no listings on this account, that does not mean I have no listings. 

Many long-time eBay sellers take the prudent step of using a "posting ID" on the messageboards, to protect themselves from vindictive people who question their motives and might have something to prove.  

In addition to this buying account, I also have six selling accounts with approximately 1200 items listed. I also have an account dedicated to reporting listings through VERO on behalf of the musicians I represent.

As for "why do I care" ... I really do not care.  I was simply giving my opinion and correcting some misinformation. 

Message 16 of 19
latest reply

@muskingum_relics

WRONG... did you read this yet ?

Military Manuals

It appears you are attempting to list a military manual that may be restricted for sale as technical data under the US Munitions list found at ITAR Part 121. Due to the highly regulated nature of these items, which can restrict even sales within the US, eBay has made the policy decision to prohibit these items altogether.

Message 17 of 19
latest reply

@1959stratocaster wrote:
As @nkpina2014 alluded to, more than likely, another seller of the same simple book you listed decided to eliminate your listing by reporting you.

Some sellers (top rated or not) will do anything they can get away with to eliminate the competition.  Reporting other competing sellers for frivolous violations is one of them.

The OP's listing was not reported by another seller.

The OP's listing was not elimiated by his competition.

The OP's listing was not taken down. 

If you go back and re-read the OP's post, he was prevented from listing it in the first place because it violated policy. 

Message 18 of 19
latest reply

@muskingum_relics wrote:

likely what happened was a liberal reported it!! They do not like America anyway

Actually it was done at the behest of the ANTIFA Commander in Chief who asked all ANTIFA members to patrol eBay listings and report all pro-America listings.

/sarcasm

She ❤︎ Her ❤︎ Hers
Message 19 of 19
latest reply