cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay’s pathetic performance! We are paying for for a sub-standard product.

I received a eBay message today with an offer of $2900 for a pair of High-end audiophile Speakers which have a BIN price of $4200.  The Speakers have been listed for 3 weeks and this is the first offer notification I have received, at least so I thought!

While on my “Review Offer” page for the listing I noticed that I had actually received 9 previous offers for the Speakers with the lowest offer being $3879 and the top 3 being $4150 or only $50 below my asking price.

I am absolutely livid!  I received NO notifications of the previous offers and just to assure I wasn’t losing my mind I checked my messages.  There were NO notifications!  This not only prevented me from completing a sale, it also damages my credibility with all of those Buyers who made fair offers and then were ignored because I wasn’t aware of the offer!

This is absolutely ridiculous!  At the very least eBay should reactivate each of those offers and if I am unable to sell the Speakers for the highest offer of $4150 they should reimburse me for the difference between what I now have to accept and $4150.

I encourage each Seller with Best Offer listings to check each one carefully.  EBay has screwed us all over royally! 

Message 1 of 34
latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Re: Ebay’s pathetic performance! We are paying for for a sub-standard product.

Heaping abuse? Hardly! Simply pointing out the blatantly obvious!  If I had auto-reject set up and received an offer of $2900 why would 9 higher offers have been auto-rejected!

Had you taken the time to consider that before sending your ill-informed reply perhaps you wouldn’t feel the need to insult me by accusing me of abuse.  

Message 16 of 34
latest reply

Unfortunately, once an offer expires the User ID of the person who made the offer is hidden. Since I was never informed of the offer I now have no way to contact the potential buyer.

Message 17 of 34
latest reply

I know you're angry and nobody can blame you for that..

But in this case, the members here have no idea of your level of expertise with eBay's DOPEY program and/or the glitches there-in..

They are taking shots in the dark and suggesting anything they can think of to HELP you..

People here can't tell that you are savvy with the listing tools- many times total newbies come here and it is just that simple..

Did you consider the suggestion of offers you have sent that expired as suggested by mtgraves7984 ?

If you have that feature set up it sounds like it could be a culprit..

I hope you get this sorted.. What a hot mess.. 

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 18 of 34
latest reply

Did you send offers to watchers on this listing?

If yes, that is what you are seeing - offers sent but not accepted by those you manually or automatically sent to watchers.

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 19 of 34
latest reply

No, that’s not the issue.  I don’t have ANY thresholds set on the listing and I never did!   The problem is that I was not notified of ANY offers at all until yesterday even though I had actually received 9 higher offers previous to yesterday.

Message 20 of 34
latest reply

Thanks for being one of the only responders to this thread who actually understands the issue and didn’t immediately make unwarranted assumptions.  If the other responders had taken the time to actually read the the post and given it some thought they would have realized it would have be impossible to have 9 offers between $3800-$4150 come in and be Auto-rejected and then have a $2900 Offer come through and not be auto-rejected.

It’s bad enough that the other responders made assumptions but to then have one defend eBay as if this was an issue I created is absolutely ridiculous.  

This is  entirely eBay’s mess up and I has cost me a significant loss of sales and credibility.

I’ll keep you informed of the eventual outcome. 

Message 21 of 34
latest reply

I will ask you again

DID you send offers to Watchers either automatically or manually?

If YES that is what you are seeing.  Offers to watchers not accepted show up under ALL offers and have for some time.

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Message 22 of 34
latest reply

Don't wish to answer the Question and would rather Blame e-Bay for something they did not do?

If you click on your offers, it tells you when they were sent (date) and you have multiples of the Exact amount, correct?

That is because YOU sent them to watchers who never responded.

Posting ID Only.......
Message 23 of 34
latest reply

No offense OP but are you serious with this??

You are praising the member that sympathized and said I have no idea how to help you (no offense to forward-motion) and kicking the teeth of those members that are TRYING to HELP you?

We have no idea what your level of understanding of the eBay platform happens to be- MANY people come with problems and it happens to be a simple fix.

You have completely ignored the suggestion by @mtgraves7984 & @katzrul15 that it could be you've set up to send auto discounts to watchers.

Nobody here is defending eBay & it's glitchy service or suggesting it's your fault..

But just like troubleshooting a car, electronics or anything else; you start with the simplest, easiest FIRST.

These members have been trying to help you- I know you're angry but the anger is being misplaced onto the members here. I hope you find the solution, we ALL hope you find the solution, that's why people volunteer their time here- to find solution..

Anyway, have a grand day.. 

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 24 of 34
latest reply

@ucantfindme wrote:

Can you imagine what those potential Buyers think if they assume I rejected their offers

I can actually - at least half of the offers I send don't get a response, and there have been a ton of recent posts from buyers saying things like "Why would a seller even have best offer if they're not going to respond?". It's a huge issue that isn't being addressed (as far as I can tell).

What's really weird is it doesn't seem to happen to everyone. I have auto reject/accept set up on mine, which might be the mitigating factor as to why I get notifications from the app and you don't. If it is, it's still ridiculous - I wish I had a solution for you. I totally get why you wouldn't want to have it set up that way - mine are all lower priced items and the need for practical negotiation certainly increases with the price.

I'll try tagging as many eBay members as I can think of, maybe they can offer some additional insight and/or a workaround.

tyler@ebay @Anonymous brittanie@ebay 

Message 25 of 34
latest reply

mtgraves7984    That's what I was wondering. 

Message 26 of 34
latest reply

doesn't surprise me at all, ebay has created so many glitches and seller tools not working properly that this is just "another" thing on the screwed up and doesn't work correctly list. Nothing you can do here, call ebay and report it for tech support...maybe they fix it in the next 9 months. Sorry to hear you loss potential sales - seems to be common now. 

The great truth is there isn't one
And it only gets worse since that conclusion...
...There is something about the rigid posture of a proper, authentic blind
As if extended arms reached to pass his blindness onto others.
Message 27 of 34
latest reply

Hi, No, it is not due to offers I have sent.  I discounted that possibility prior to coming here. 

As to “help”.  If you re-read my original post it was much less a plea for assistance and much more a simple warning to other eBay Sellers to be aware of the issue.

Message 28 of 34
latest reply

No, I already discounted that possibility.

Message 29 of 34
latest reply

@popblox wrote:

@ucantfindme wrote:

Can you imagine what those potential Buyers think if they assume I rejected their offers

I can actually - at least half of the offers I send don't get a response, and there have been a ton of recent posts from buyers saying things like "Why would a seller even have best offer if they're not going to respond?". It's a huge issue that isn't being addressed (as far as I can tell).

What's really weird is it doesn't seem to happen to everyone. I have auto reject/accept set up on mine, which might be the mitigating factor as to why I get notifications from the app and you don't. If it is, it's still ridiculous - I wish I had a solution for you. I totally get why you wouldn't want to have it set up that way - mine are all lower priced items and the need for practical negotiation certainly increases with the price.

I'll try tagging as many eBay members as I can think of, maybe they can offer some additional insight and/or a workaround.

tyler@ebay @Anonymous brittanie@ebay 

Thank you for the tag @popblox

I do want to clarify, there have not been any widespread tech issues in regards to notifications that have been going on for months. Notifications are tricky and there can be a variety of reasons why they stop coming through,  so we definitely want to have a look at any situation to see what the cause is. If you've experienced any issues with notifications, please let us know. 

@ucantfindme I am very sorry to hear that you ran into these issues and didn't know you had received offers. That's absolutely not what we want and I understand the frustration in not being able to move forward with those offers.

While we're not able to reinstate expired offers, we absolutely want to make sure this is not something you continue to see.  As you mentioned that you use your phone and iPad, are you using the app or a web browser?

If you're using the app, here's a couple things you can try:

1. Sign out and back into your account on each device.

2. Check your notification settings for Selling in the app settings to ensure the ones you want are on

If you continue to not receive Best Offer notifications and have tried the above, please let us know and we're happy to look into this further for you.

Brittanie,
Community Team

Message 30 of 34
latest reply