cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay refunded buyer, I'm out product AND shipping!

Ebay seems to always side with the buyer.  Buyer didn't like the color fabric he bought, then accused me of shipping the wrong color.  Expected me to pay to have the fabric returned, and get a full refund.  Ebay steps in and gives buyer a full refund, and they get to keep the fabric.  Out right teft in my opinion facilitated by my business partner EBAY!!  

eBay item number:

return/refund Order number: 23-04891-25283

#1 Listing clearly states "Photo is approximate color, every monitor is slightly different." I submitted photo of the actual fabric next to my monitor display showing the color matching the listing.

#2 Listing also states "14 day returns. Buyer pays for return shipping". What is the point of including my conditions if EBAY is just going to ignore them???

#3 Twice the offer was made to customer that they could return the fabric but they had to pay for the return shipping. They chose to escalate the transaction with EBAY.

#4 How does EBAY decide to give my money back to buyer, and goods have not been returned? Ebay has essentially facilitated a theft from my business. The buyer now gets to keep my goods, and get a full refund!!

#5 Ebay took the easy way out and simply refund the money without investigating who should be responsible. Perhaps my business partner, EBAY should absorb this refund!!

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Ebay refunded buyer, I'm out product AND shipping!

#1 Listing clearly states ,,,,,,,,

It does not matter what the listing states.  The only thing that counts anymore is the selection the buyer makes when they want to return and have you pay for return shipping.  If the reason is one that signifies "not as described" that is all that counts.  The item could be EXACTLY as described and it matters not to ebay. 

If you don't cooperate with liar buyers, and they ask ebay to "step in and help"......the likely result is a refund from your proceeds and the buyer gets to keep the item.  You also get a nasty performance ding for not being a willing participant. 

Hope this was not an expensive lesson for you. 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 10 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Ooooooo, I like that green swatch 😁

Ebay doesnt seem to side with  buyers, They DO side with the buyer.

Im a buyer exclusively and I dont even like that deal

You could always appeal the decision and show where you tried to work it out with the buyer but buyer was after more than a return 

Hope you blocked the buyer

Judge not others by your own limitations
Message 2 of 17
latest reply

Sounds like you didnt respond to the case with a return label and return for refund? Then you would have gotten your fabric back and wouldnt have received a defect for not responding,and lost your fabric too.

Yes,this is a posting id,I have been selling on Ebay for fifteen years!
Message 3 of 17
latest reply

Another long term seller who doesn't bother to keep up with policy.

Sorry, it just gets old. I would expect long term, serious sellers to keep up, but I guess I expect too much.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 4 of 17
latest reply

Yes...

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

I responded to ebay immediately with my side. 

If I would have accepted the return I would have had to pay for the return shipping...see how that works?  I end up paying for the return shipping AND I would have had to issue the full credit to buyer anyway.

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

Trust me, Im well aware how it works. So if you are satisfied with losing your product, and receiving a defect..thats your decision.

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

I understand the inequalities of ebay VS seller quite well.  Yes, I've sold on ebay for 15 years, and paid them a SH$$ton of money.  You would think they would recognize that.  I am disappointed again with EBAY.

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

Yes, I blocked the buyer,  but it is little satisfaction.

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

#1 Listing clearly states ,,,,,,,,

It does not matter what the listing states.  The only thing that counts anymore is the selection the buyer makes when they want to return and have you pay for return shipping.  If the reason is one that signifies "not as described" that is all that counts.  The item could be EXACTLY as described and it matters not to ebay. 

If you don't cooperate with liar buyers, and they ask ebay to "step in and help"......the likely result is a refund from your proceeds and the buyer gets to keep the item.  You also get a nasty performance ding for not being a willing participant. 

Hope this was not an expensive lesson for you. 

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

Off topic but..... pretty mid century colors!!!!

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

@chikenliken 

We see, you don’t.

You cannot “respond” by arguing; your buyer filed a SNAD (significantly not as described). You have to accept the return first, and report the buyer for abusing the system/appeal for a shipping refund when you get the item back.

Otherwise, they get a refund and the item; you get a performance demerit for not cooperating with the MBG (money back guarantee).

That’s only been the policy for..... um, YEARS.

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

@chikenliken wrote:

I end up paying for the return shipping AND I would have had to issue the full credit to buyer anyway.

But you would have gotten your item back. You decided to let the buyer keep the item by refusing to follow what Ebay told you to do.

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

A167784A-D088-4D93-9A09-76DAC0743731.jpeg

C3CEBC86-2020-43B4-AC66-9BD88CAE23FC.jpeg

@chikenliken 

Moreover, you had one crummy photo that looks like you put paper or something in front of the swatch, and then photo edited a “matching” background around it.....

And your Item Specifics notes the color as “beige.”

You did this one completely to yourself!

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

When anything is contradictory in a listing, buyer gets benefit of the doubt (on top of the MBG).

Message 15 of 17
latest reply