cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we no longer add to auction descriptions?

I am unable to add to the description of an auction. It's active, it has a bid, there are 6 days remaining.

There always used to be a box underneath the original description where we could add to the description. That's not appearing. I'm using the business listing tool.

I double-checked the policy page and it says we should be able to add. Has something changed and eBay didn't update the policy page?

Do any of you have active auction style listings with bids and 12+ hours remaining that can check if you have the option to add to the descriptions?

It's only the first day of the listing so I guess I could end it, add the info then relist - but I really hate to do that when it already has a bid and several watchers. I don't want buyers to think I'm playing games.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

@wastingtime101 

I thought that once a listing has a bid, we are unable to add or change descriptions among other things.  when one of my items has a bid, the description part is always grayed out...along with the title, shipping charges...etc...

...huh...it does say like you said, that one can add to the item description after a bid takes place...I have never seen the area in which to do that on my revises with a bid on it.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

You can't change the description but you can add to it - read the policy page I linked in my above post for details. A box usually appears below the original description where you can add, but that's not happening.

I'm using the chat feature with CS right now. She replicated the issue and is looking into it further so I'm "on hold" for the moment ...

In the meantime I'm searching this board and found others with the same issue in January and in April .

CS just came back and said it's not a change to the policy. It's a technical bug and there's an open ticket from "days ago" - I guess in eBay speak days=months? She says the only option if I want to add to the description is to end it, revise then relist.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Best bet (no matter what CS comes back and does)... is if you have found something that makes you want to change the description or add to it in some way is to end the thing, fix it and then relist.

Not all of them will read where it DOES add to the description all the way at the bottom underneath everything else.

I hate photobucket right now... PS Answers given years ago may or may not be current now, please check with current posters to the boards to see if the information is still relevant.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply