cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay hiding listing description is now causing me to raise prices

I'm starting to get an increase in returns where in the comments I can see that the buyer did not see the size chart in the listing description.  Something like "I'm always a size Large, but your large is too big for me."

I'm not saying that every one of these buyers would have seen the size chart had ebay stopped trying to hide the description, but at least before they had a much better chance to run into or notice the size chart. Nowadays there's alot less chance of that happening. Therefore I have to raise prices to cover for the increase in these returns.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Since you don't post with the account you sell under, we can see how your listings are written.

On the mobile device there is a button to be clicked to see the description.  It is to viewer doesn't get overwhelmed on the small screen they are using to shop.  

IDK if I agree with that, but I also don't use my mobile device to shop on or do my Ebay stuff.  I use my Laptop or Desktop where this is not an issue.

Sorry you have to raise your pricing.  I'm not sure you can blame that on Ebay, but you have to do what works best for you.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Have you tried including your size chart as one of the listing photos in addition to including it in the description? In my experience, I've found that even if some buyers can't be bothered to read the entire item description, they will at lest tend to look at all the photos.

Another option would be to add something like "See full description for size chart" in the Item Condition box. This text shows up under the listing title in the search results (at least, on the desktop, I'm not sure about mobile) and at the very top of the full listing page. The item condition text is free and it has been quite effective for me at times. You could also pay the $2 for a subtitle wherein you remind potential buyers to look at the sizing chart before purchasing, but I don't think that would be any more effective than just using the Item Condition box.

A third option, and not a great one, is that you could set your listing to "No returns accepted". This will keep some buyers from filing a return based on ordering the wrong size, not liking the color, etc. Of course, some buyers will simply select "Item not as described" to bypass this limitation. You'll also lose any Top Rated seller discounts on the selling fees for that item, but that's likely to be far less than the amount you end up losing in return shipping costs, etc.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply