cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Halloween Has Become Extremely Scary!!

Halloween has really become extremely scary, even frightening!!, Have you seen the price of candy??

Message 1 of 40
latest reply
39 REPLIES 39

It's usually 50 % off the next day at CVS. Usually when I go in there with my coupons and end up getting like 75% off there at CVS. Living on the 4th floor of an apartment building we have never ever had a child knocking at our door....no elevator. LOL

Message 2 of 40
latest reply

Too funny, The price was kind of hard to miss when we bought the bags. Considering what we get back i think the price was fair. All the happy faces in the different costumes makes it for us well worth the cost. Happy Halloween to all. Just be on the lookout for that guy Jason🙄

Message 3 of 40
latest reply

Toilet paper and eggs are not so cheap either.

Message 4 of 40
latest reply

Ha...they lock up toilet paper at CVS. Employees told me people do steal it.

I mean, anyone can get it free in the toilets at  the gym or restaurants. So strange.

Message 5 of 40
latest reply

@meme6253 wrote:

Have you seen the price of candy??

Don't buy until the price significantly comes down

Message 6 of 40
latest reply

I get no trick or treaters because I'm  rural. Don't  say lucky me, though.

i donate candy to Trunk or Treat my church has, and I go to my grandson's house in the city and pass out candy there.   I put candy, toys and bottled water in a big tub and they pick what they want. 

You would be surprised how many choose the water. It's  usually warm in Florida on Halloween night and they're  thirsty in those hot costumes.

The little kids almost always go for the toys. They're  cheap (Oriental Trading). The water is cheap, around 10 cents a bottle (Costco). 

Message 7 of 40
latest reply

I remember in early-mid August the local news reporting a shortage of chocolate and prices would be higher. Funny thing is that Halloween candy started popping up in stores late August and early September and shelfs are full as of this week at my CVS & Meijer. 

There is no real shortage, but the manufactures and stores are still trying to play the pandemic shut down game even after the Government tossed out millions of dollars to them. 

I don't pass out candy anymore because of the cost and that kids don't get out and walk the community anymore (at least here). They now rely on social media, community sites like Nextdoor, or HOA website to find out who is passing out candy, then mom & dad drive a carload to the houses. 

It's just sad!

Message 8 of 40
latest reply

It's diabolical. 

Message 9 of 40
latest reply

Yes, I have seen (and participated in) the price of candy.  Every year, it gets worse.

We give out full size candy bars.  This year, we spent almost $200.00 on candy bars; hopefully that will be enough.  Last year, we ran out.

Message 10 of 40
latest reply

@simba6 wrote:

Toilet paper and eggs are not so cheap either.

Boy!

What kind of Trick or Treaters do you get ? 😄 😄

Message 11 of 40
latest reply

If you're giving out candy, there are more & more sales on the Halloween candy as we approach October 31st. If its for the office, then wait until Novembe 1st & buy some clearance Halloween candy. Yes, the candy has been pricey this year!!! 😎

Message 12 of 40
latest reply

My first year in my home, out in the country and there are 3 homes that were somewhat close to me, I figured I wouldn't have any trick or treaters.

I was lucky that I did have about 10 items. I gave them water colors, in tubes and paint brushes.

I did have 3 kids come to my home.

Then in the summer, I was asked if I would like to be a 4H leader for art.

I did that for a few years.

Message 13 of 40
latest reply

That may make it difficult for me. 

The box will go out, and the sign will go up, but perhaps I will find no candy by my door😂

Message 14 of 40
latest reply

You will be on one of those neighborhood maps with a huge sign saying FULL SIZE CANDY BARS AT THIS ADDRESS!! 👻👽🤖

JOKE.png

Message 15 of 40
latest reply